Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a call from my dealership today. He said he had an image available (my heart rate jumped about 60 beats in a second) but then it was a manual only. ARGH :banghead:

I asked him to change the image to an automatic and I'll wait till it's built but he said the images they have gotten (4 so far) have all been manual's and they can't change that.

So is my dealer speaking the truth? I thought you could change an image to automatic (or vice versa) or am I just confused and going through depression because I have no sky :(

Joseph

·
Registered
256 Posts
Joseph,

This is true. I was #4 at the dealer and was bumped up to #2 because their image was for a manual transmission. The GM told me that his wife wanted an automatic so I was given her image. My GM and Sales Guy are really great and would recommend them to anyone.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I agree...... he is telling the truth... i was number 8.. and got bumped to number 3...... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
hmmm.. hard tellin... lol... only if number 1 is an automatic..... either way..... we are basically in the same waiting game... mine was ordered and accepted on the 14th of march... as of yesterday.. still at 025... ugh.. who knows... NOT A PATIENT PERSON... I WANT MY BABY.. NOW!!!!! SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The image itself does not determine Man or Auto, it is just an alloted Sky, however the asvailabilty of auto or any other option is soley up to the day on which it is ordered. If the dealer is ordering, he would know the availabilty the minute he sends the order via his computer, it will either accept or reject depending on the availability. If he is ordering his Skys the way he wants them then it would be a standard shift, however if hwe is ordering for you then you have the option iof waiting or accpeting the manual. It could change daily, in my case I was rejected for auto, it accepted for manual. The image does not come in predetermined!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Technically is NOT true... :nono: The only reason it could be called a Manual image is because there is a restriction at the time that image was last attempted to be changed. You see images come from GM already full of choices (color, stereo, wheels, transmission type, etc) and is up to the retailer to change it to acommodate what they need/want so if the image was already spece'd out with a manual and the auto tranny is not available (limited) then they may not be able to change it. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest.... when i was told i had my chance to order my image..... i got a copy of the ORIGINAL image and it already had exterior color.. lid color... and options on it...... he entered the info i wanted and VOILA... the comp accepted the changes.... i got a copy of it and the actual ordered image... now..... WHEN WILL SHE GET HERE?.. hehehehe... Love ya Ernest...and Mrs Ernest... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
830 Posts

Hi ERNEST I was there for my image change, the car was pre spect and then we started to change it to build my car...all worked fine for me..but it realy was not my image..the person in the #3 spot wanted an auto and the dealship was not aloud to change it from Standard..so they called me to see if I was ready...(who had to ask)...it came in as Black, change it to Chili Pepper, and had chrome wheels (left them) then added XM and LSD the Monsoon was all ready added...SEAL9

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi SKY-Baby I think our cars will be built at the same time..the orders are only a few hours apart...we will have to see how they track as they go from one stage to the next..I was still at "25" on the 3/21/06..Seal9

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
seal9 said:
Hi SKY-Baby I think our cars will be built at the same time..the orders are only a few hours apart...we will have to see how they track as they go from one stage to the next..I was still at "25" on the 3/21/06..Seal9
Yep... as of yesterday also, mine was at 025... hopefully... they will be at 030 today!!!!.... totally awesome..... on my way through pensacola down to clearwater ... i should stop by and let our cars visit eachother...... it is hard to be pulled away from siblings.... BOO HOO HOO.. lol... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
94 Posts
That makes 3 of us (at least). On Moday my wife stopped at our dealer and was able to sit in their demo and "play". Afterward she called and was babbling with excitement. She couldn't stop saying how awesome it was and how cool the information center was. She also noted how small the stick shift was (This is a "family forum" so I won't go into details as to what she related it to, but I'm not sure if I should be insulted or proud !). We were hopeing to see a jump in our event code on Tues. but still sitting at 025 also.

Our image was in on 3/7, was at code 025 on 3/14...... but there we sit.
Think the chrome wheel issues are the hold-up ?

Oh well, as long as it's here before 4/28, our 33rd wedding anniversary (Can you say Road Trip !). For those trying to do the math in their head, we're not that old (she's 51 but looks 40 and I'm 54). If I ever get enough posts I'll make our avatar a pic of us, if not there'll be pics when our Sky arrives.

Debby's Hubby

·
Registered
326 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I agree...... he is telling the truth... i was number 8.. and got bumped to number 3...... SkyBaby-07
Tell the truth SKYBABY you got bumped up because you went into your dealership wearing that outfit in your avatar showing off those abs of yours.:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
When I got my Image and I am looking at the printout from dealer,All it had on it was ZMB67 SKY Qty 01 Nothing else. Then we picked out my choices and entered it, then it showed my complete order, went to GEC528 Order ID:thumbs: Mighthave been different for a dealer image though:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
twirp said:
Tell the truth SKYBABY you got bumped up because you went into your dealership wearing that outfit in your avatar showing off those abs of yours.:D

actually...... kinda got me there.... but, i had on a jean skirt... with a cuter half top.... and heels....... .. but BRIAN WAS WITH ME.... really, i swear... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
When I got my Image and I am looking at the printout from dealer,All it had on it was ZMB67 SKY Qty 01 Nothing else. Then we picked out my choices and entered it, then it showed my complete order, went to GEC528 Order ID:thumbs: Mighthave been different for a dealer image though:cheers:
i am not sure..... on mine, well, the one i ordered from originally.. it was silver pearl.. black/red interior... black top......... he crossed out what i didnt want.. and then wrote in what i did... and then entered it... then..... printed that out for me.... i am just so darn excited...... SkyBaby-07

1 - 18 of 18 Posts