Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend (a real car guy) noted my passanger side door has a flaw in the door panel. It's two high up to be a door dinger and I know I didn't doo it. I'd almost say it was done before the door was painted.

The panel has sort of a flat spot where it should be curved. It's really hard to see. He says just leave it the dealership says bring it in it'll be covered by warr.

My friends logic for leaving it alone is that once you start missing with the paint the car will never look the same.

Advice please.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, someone else with ths same issue....sorry to say but it makes me feel better. I brought my Sky in to have these issues fixed... I was a detailer before so I am extremely anal when it comes to door dents or abnormal spots in cars. I have 3 of these spots. 1 directly above my driver door handle, 1 north west of the door handle, and 1 on the bottom of the passenger door just after the curve at the bottom. Anyone else?:eek: I actually tol dmy dealer that since it is uncertain if it was dealer or factory fault, that we should compare it to another Sky. I also have what look like door dents on the top crease of the doors onboth sides.... since they are not flat accross, its hard to think that they were not from the factory. I don;t think there will be any issues with your paint if its fixd correctly...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I have one close to the gas cap door. I noticed it about two days after I took delivery. You can't see it unless you look down the side of the car from front to back and the light is just right. If you look straight at the car or from back to front you can not see it. The paint does not seem to be scratched. It looks as if the fender was dented slightly before it was painted. Mine is so hard to see I think I'm going to leave it alone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If done properly you would never tell that a car was repaired and/or repainted. The problem is finding a shop that's actually worth a damn to do such a repair as they are few and far between. :banghead:
Luckily I don't have those problems as I am a certified paint and body tech and do all my own work mechanically as well................you want something done rite do it yourself; rite? :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you just noticed it, leave it.
Obviously it isnt a huge problem.
If you walked up to a ferrari or something, would you be looking for flaws in the body? No. no you wouldnt. You would be marvelling over how it is such a nice car. Thats what people do when they see my solstice.

I have MANY fit problems, and nobody has noticed them until I have pointed them out. I also have a dent in my rear passenger 3/4 panel... came like that from the factory. very minor but I know it is there. I have left it because I dont want to be anal about the car, and dont want to be bugging the dealerships.

Dylan

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a very small dent that is hard to notice in my drivers side finder/hood.
I am going to point it out to the dealer...but who knows how it got there.
I have caught people banging on my car to see if it has plastic panels.:banghead:

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you walked up to a ferrari or something, would you be looking for flaws in the body? No. no you wouldnt. You would be marvelling over how it is such a nice car.
Dylan

I would; the more flaws I find the more money I make...............sucks when it comes to my own cars though. :willy:

Ferrari=easy money:drool:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
My trans am had 4 flat spots near the gas lid, they said it was caused by sumtin on the assembly line. They fixed it up and painted, never had any kind of problem with the paint.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If these flaws are imperfections or dents in the metal you should contact your dealer and ask them what company they use to do their paintless dent removal. I have a friend that does this for a living and he actually did paintless dent removal on the production line for GM. In our area the big name is Dent Wizard. I have actually had this done to my previous cars as I am very particular about them. As long as they can get to the dent under the panel they can usually get them all out. Good Luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts