Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well, it's calling for it to be quite chilly, but I didn't see any rain. Perhaps another date tho might be better so that we could drop the tops and enjoy the pre-cruise a bit more.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, it's calling for it to be quite chilly, but I didn't see any rain. Perhaps another date tho might be better so that we could drop the tops and enjoy the pre-cruise a bit more.
Well, the forecast for Cape May is saying Rain/Snow/Wind up until 1pm or so. Doesn't sound like a fun day for a drive to me.

Next weekend is not really good for me (a party Saturday night followed by Peddler's Village on Sunday), but maybe the weekend of the 21st?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ya, I think I can get away that weekend. That'll work!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am still targeting Saturday the 21st for a pre-run of this route. Current weather forecast is partly cloudy and low 50's.

Let me know if anyone wants to join me, for all or even just part of the pre-run.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Went on the prerun today with dengel, JustMike, Tylerbunchanumbers, Amy, and Spag. What a great time! dengel's extensive planning and some long overdue beautiful weather came together for a wonderful ride! I took lots of pics- here are some of my favorites:

At one of the lighthouses, we met a very nice couple who had just taken delivery of their new Bluestone RL. They may be joining us for some runs in the future...

And the money shot:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Okay, we've got just about a week and a half until the Lighthouse Run. I think we should start making a list of who is planning on coming, so I can finalize the plans. Reviewing previous posts, this is who I've got down so far:

dengel
JustMike
Rusty
tyler
Spag
Blue Sky

Please let me know who else is in for the Run!

I am going to do one more pre-run to test out a few updates to the route, and then I will post more details about meeting times, etc.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Okay, we've got just about a week and a half until the Lighthouse Run. I think we should start making a list of who is planning on coming, so I can finalize the plans. Reviewing previous posts, this is who I've got down so far:

dengel
JustMike
Rusty
tyler
Spag

I am going to do one more pre-run to test out a few updates to the route, and then I will post more details about meeting times, etc.

Add me to the list!!!

Are we starting at Light House 10 and ending in Wildwood?
Blue

·
Registered
354 Posts
my plan is to be on the Boardwalk on the 12th. I did not mail my money to wildwood yet kind of a last minute thing , because I have a Phillies game Saturday @ 4:00 with my son. They don't let you off the Boardwalk until 4 pm. so "On the BW" might not happen. If my son wants to go the game with somebody else, I will either be on the BW or meet at the one of the Lighthouse's. If I do go to the game , then I won't drive on the BW, just meet at the lighthouse. and leave the shore by 2 pm. -is this a plan or what

·
Registered
535 Posts

dengel
JustMike
Rusty
tyler
Spag
Blue Sky

Count me in, I'm working on getting my wife to come but she's a hard sell...........
When are you thinking of doing the second pre-run....

Tom

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I have an excuse...I will be 63 and my friends r taking me to the cemetary...they want to make sure the SKY will fit in the family plot :lol: I wonder where they will take me next?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have an excuse...I will be 63 and my friends r taking me to the cemetary...they want to make sure the SKY will fit in the family plot :lol: I wonder where they will take me next?
63?:nonod: that's 441 in dog years:cheers:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Count me in, I'm working on getting my wife to come but she's a hard sell...........
When are you thinking of doing the second pre-run....

Tom
Tom,

I am currently in Maryland on business, and I will be driving home to Jersey later today. So I am actually going to take a little detour and do a pre-run of the first two legs today on my way home.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Tom,

I am currently in Maryland on business, and I will be driving home to Jersey later today. So I am actually going to take a little detour and do a pre-run of the first two legs today on my way home.
I'm driving down to VABeach today. Give me a call if you want to do lunch or something. ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm driving down to VABeach today. Give me a call if you want to do lunch or something. ;)
Sorry Reed! :( Didn't see this message until I reached home.

Lunch probably wouldn't have worked out though. I didn't get out of my meetings until almost 2:30pm. They brought pizza and snacks in for us, though.

Have a good time in VA Beach!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Run Details:
Meeting Time: 9:30AM, at Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse, 2nd St. and Mantua Ave., Paulsboro, NJ.

Driving Directions to the meeting point at Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse:
From RT. 295, take exit 19. Follow signs for Rt. 44. Make a left onto Rt. 44 and go about 1 mile, over a bridge and then make a immediate right onto North Commerce St., which becomes Mantua Ave. Follow this until you come to 2nd St. Make a left into the sports complex (Little League ball fields).

Since this lighthouse does not look like what folks would expect a lighthouse to look like, here is a picture of what you will be looking for. Also, it is located in the middle of a Little League ball park.

We will leave Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse at 10:00AM. I am figuring we will make a 10 to 15 minute stop at each of the lighthouses, with a slightly longer stop in Cape May, just in case folks want to climb to the top.

This is a pretty long run. We will drive about 140 miles, on mostly back roads. I anticipate approximately 4 hours of driving time, and would like to get everyone to Wildwood in time to have lunch and catch the end of the car show.

For those not interested in the full run, we will hopefully reach Cape May Lighthouse between 1:00 and 1:30PM.

Once we visit the final lighthouse in North Wildwood, folks will be free to go over to the Boardwalk in Wildwood to check out the Car Show and grab a bite to eat. We will have to split up and find parking on the street, as I was not able to find a convenient parking lot where we could all park as a group. Also, there are meters on the street, but we should not have to pay as I believe metered parking does not go into effect until May 15th.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
bad news is... I can't attend. (my attendance batting record is very low lately, so not like this is a surprise to anyone).

Good News is... the reason I cant go is I have to go to London for work. leaving tommorrow, coming back Saturday.
:)
Actually sounds better than reality. Schedule is tight, no room for sight-seeing. Going to fly-in, conduct business for 3 days, then fly back out.
I hope to see some sights at night!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ran into 2 Sky owners yesterday at the mall. They never heard of this site so I gave them all the info and told them to check us out!

1 seemed interested in this run so I hope to hear something from them this week online.

I also told my neighbor who just got his Deep GXP about this run so I hope he comes with as well.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts