Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fine folks from the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Club are planning a 'leaf peeping' run on 10/28. After I announced I'd be attending, dengel was gracious enough to invite me :lol: and ask that I spread the word. The event is still being planned, but the date is firm. The roads in that area are gorgeous and curvy, and the scenery should be peaking right about then. There was talk of finishing up at a winery or the Warwick drive-in.

I've been looking forward to attending my first Kappa event for a while, and hope some of you have too. Check out this thread, and I hope to see some NY/NJ/CT/Roadtripping folks there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I am definatly interested; can't committ ATM though.

Part of that route is my commute to/from work, so I know it is a nice run.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would love to go on that run, but I'm heading south that same weekend for a drive down Skyline Drive...in the shenendoah national park for a cruise of at least 10 solsti and atm, I'm the only sky.

I told Dengel over the meet and greet last weekend that I'll be doing one or the other for sure. We'll see if the Skyline Drive is rained-out, then I'll be going to this one for sure.

·
Registered
154 Posts
10/28

I am also interested but can't commit just yet.
Will keep tabs on this and sign up for it if possible.

·
Registered
154 Posts
leaf peeping Kappa tour

I have checked our "calender of events", & consulted with all of the powers to be & I think we really will be able to make it.

Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
memo

memo, memo,

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hello Sky owners!

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been working to finalize our plans for the Leaf Peeping run on the 28th.

You can check for updated information on the solsticeforum thread, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=170139

Also, I started a poll over on the solsticeforum to get some head counts for the food and beverage portions of the event, since I need to make some reservations. Here is the thread with the poll, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23409

If you aren't a member over on solsticeforum, please email me at [email protected] to let me know which parts of the event you are taking part in, so I can make the appropriate plans.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to seeing you guys at the run!

·
Registered
154 Posts
10/28 leaf peeping run

Still planning on going. Really looking forward to it. this is really just a reminder for me for the thread.

I will e mail dengel so he can keep a head count.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not very good at reading maps. Does the run start near the GW Bridge?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not very good at reading maps. Does the run start near the GW Bridge?
The PIP starts about 3000 feet from the NJ side of the GWB. From there, it's less than 10 miles North to the meeting point at the State Line Lookout.

Will you be able to join us? If so, I'll probably be meeting my brother at the GWB in the morning and we could probably hook up there and head up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey man. Sorry I took so long to reply but I didn't see it until now. I might be able to go, I have to find out if I'm working 1st since I have to work Saturdays sometimes. Actually since I last posted I bought a nav system so if you tell me the cross streets where the run starts I could get there w/ no problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had seen this post a while ago and kept in the back of my mind.....
I then asked my wife if she would like to go on the drive on SUNDAY the 28th of Oct... She said... THAT'S not a Sunday, it's a SATURDAY :mad:
So there goes my hopes of finally seeing and meeting other Sky/Sol owners for now. :willy:

I hope you guys have GREAT weather even though I'll be jealous.

Please post some pics from the day.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hi guys, we'll post pics 4sure. Looking forward to meeting you one day...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hey man. Sorry I took so long to reply but I didn't see it until now. I might be able to go, I have to find out if I'm working 1st since I have to work Saturdays sometimes. Actually since I last posted I bought a nav system so if you tell me the cross streets where the run starts I could get there w/ no problem.
Very easy to get to the starting point. We will be meeting at the State Line Lookout, just south of exit 3 on the Palisades Parkway North. Meeting time is between 10:00am and 11:30am on Saturday the 28th. I'll be bringing some breakfast stuff (bagels, coffee, juice, etc.) for everyone so we can hang out, compare cars, eat, etc. while we wait for everyone to arrive.

So if you plan on coming, please let me know if you would like to partake of some breakfast, and if you will have a passenger. That way I can get a decent estimate of how much I need to bring.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had seen this post a while ago and kept in the back of my mind.....
I then asked my wife if she would like to go on the drive on SUNDAY the 28th of Oct... She said... THAT'S not a Sunday, it's a SATURDAY :mad:
So there goes my hopes of finally seeing and meeting other Sky/Sol owners for now. :willy:

I hope you guys have GREAT weather even though I'll be jealous.

Please post some pics from the day.

Thanks,
Dan
Too bad, Dan! I keep an eye out for you every time I'm in Sayville- If it were ever planned in advance, I'd give you a heads up. Pics will definitely be posted!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've NEVER seen a Sky here in town... and you've been here??? :nono:
I didn't know where your street is until I just Googled it. (You may want to edit your post and remove the name of the street and description of your property, by the way.) One of my closest friends lives just a few blocks away on Hamilton. In fact I'm going out that way shortly, though I don't have my Sky back from the dealer yet. I'm out there at least once every couple of weeks. Over the summer, had you wandered over to the townie lot by the ferry terminals on a weekend night you likely would've seen my car parked there.

Work on changng Robin's mind for next Saturday. Would it help if I come over and pout? The run should be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I took your advice and wound up deleting the whole thing. Oh well.

But , THANKS for the advice.

The pouting won't help, sorry, it's the kids. There are WAY too many places they need to be shipped to on Saturdays. It just isn't practical enough. I could go solo but I like her company.:lol:

If I ever see a sky cruising down my street, I'll be out there right away to stop you!

Make sure to post pics! I'll be lookin' for em!

Dan

1 - 20 of 34 Posts