Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just left my dealer (Saturn of Dartmouth) and while discussing my order I was informed that the dealership has TWO Sky Redlines coming in next week and neither is sold!

They will also be getting two Red Lines that are sold.

The two unsold vehicles (for any of you in the SE Mass area...) are one in Red the other in Graphite.

FYI I was informed that my order (KGRFK3) will be in sooner than later (now that I have scheduled a kneee replacement for AUGUST:banghead: :mad: ) and would be in my hands by late September or early to mid-October.

Just in time for the best driving of the year in this area (Fall).....now to get the knee rehab'd asap so I can drvie!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
CUINOZ said:
I just left my dealer (Saturn of Dartmouth) and while discussing my order I was informed that the dealership has TWO Sky Redlines coming in next week and neither is sold!

The two unsold vehicles (for any of you in the SE Mass area...) are one in Red the other in Graphite.

FYI I was informed that my order (KGRFK3) will be in sooner than later (now that I have scheduled a kneee replacement for AUGUST:banghead: :mad: ) and would be in my hands by late September or early to mid-October.

Just in time for the best driving of the year in this area (Fall).....now to get the knee rehab'd asap so I can drvie!!!!!
I wish you the very best on your knee replacement. However I am really skecptical about two Red Lines arriving NEXT WEEK. That goes against everything we have talked about on this forum. I'm not saying that the salesman didn't say that, but saying only that the earliest the Red Line would be delivered is expected to be at the earliest in late August, and most likely in September.

For your sake I hope he knows what he's talking about. I'm sure the rest of us here would love the Red Line to be manufactured and released earlier, but the MANY very knowledgable people on this forum will probably disagree with what the salesman said.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: the knee, thanks for the kindness.....Ya, .... :nono: BELIEVE me when I tell you that I would be the last person to go off with some wild tale.....but, I am passing on what the Sales Manager told me in his office with him checking his delivery sheet and confirming the color numbers to make sure it was a Red and a Graphite vehicle on order.

If th're not Red Lines and ione is indeed available then he's got an unsold Red Line with 4 SKY's on order that I know of from the same salesman! This could get interesting..

For all I know he's full of BS .... and BS de-bunking is part of this great FORUM....but.....as we talked a new Ion Red Line rolled in an he commented on the Red Line versions....so I don't know.

Hey if its all BS then I've learned something.....eh?....and that would be to re-check EVERYTHING I'm told about in that Dealership.....but I did reconfirm my delivery price, and the fact that the figure on the order (on the sales agreement) is the same and no increases would effect it, and the Order Number (KGRFK3)....now if this turns out to be BS then :mad: :brentil:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Could the sales guy be referring to Red Line VUEs or Ions or something? If you go in and talk "Red Line" they might just think that you mean some other car and not the SKY.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again jdigiant; this was the Sales Manager. Man if hes (*(&*^&%^^%$%(*) then is there hope?????:rolleyes:

Hey I'm waiting on surgery early in August and until then I'm only working three days a week and I'll be crusing the dealership CONSTATNLT to see if new SKY's show up.......I'll keep you posted.

Like I said before, if this is all BS.....then I've learned something. But franlky the Ion Redline that came in (hey nice ride indeed and the turob boost gage p-osition and the instrument pannel is first rate)....was being placed in the showroom as we were talking and he sure as hell knew what it was.....sooooo.....

Question, as we're a lot nearer to the place of manufacturer is it possible that SE Mass would get vehicles before So Cal? Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wonder if he is confused and those unsold ones are red and graphite regular skys.

Does this dealership sell at MSRP with no required add-ons?. Depending on equipment I may be interested in trying to buy one.

Thanks.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
CUINOZ said:
Question, as we're a lot nearer to the place of manufacturer is it possible that SE Mass would get vehicles before So Cal? Just thinking out loud.
I don't think it's a matter of transport time, I just don't think that the SKY Red Lines have even been built yet. I postulate that it takes just as long to transport a car that doesn't exist to Massachusetts as it does to Pluto.

If they are being built (and that's a big if) then nobody else here seems to know about it. And that's just built, not even delivered...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
CUINOZ said:

I really think your GM is confused a might, they aren't even building the R/L. Production isn't scheduled to begin until last of August, baring constraints, and some of us know the reality of that:lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, "jdigiant" the fellow is confused. like I said it'll be interesting.

SkyBoss: My dealer (the one with the invisable red lines) took $500.00 down on my SKY. I was NOT pushed to purchase ANYTHING, I knew a lot from all of you so I was in a better position than the salesman, not that we ever argued, he was every bit a professional and nice fellow.....

I asked for and received this: 5 spd, Limited Slip, Silver Pearl, standard rims, std. tunes, I'm 1/2 deaf and in a "drop top":lol: ...anyway B&R leather, Black top, "splash guards" CIA , total w/o the CIA (that will be a dealer install upon arrival from Pluto or there abouts.........invoice looks like $ 25,400 ( I think....I don't have the copy with me here)

Please......"jdigiant" I'm not trying to sell this I reported it. I didn't make it up, so don't shoot the messinger.....if my dealership sales manager is wrong then hes confused. If one does show up however...believe me you'll get the first photo.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry: I need to make a correction..... I didn't order the CIA....(they have enough issues to contend with without riding abouts in my new car"......, no I ordered a CAI. Similar, but totally different.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
CUINOZ said:
Please......"jdigiant" I'm not trying to sell this I reported it. I didn't make it up, so don't shoot the messinger.....if my dealership sales manager is wrong then hes confused. If one does show up however...believe me you'll get the first photo.
Hey, I'm not shooting the messenger - I'm not even loaded.

I just want to help you put it all in context, and help you properly categorize the comments from your dealer. If it is indeed true, and two Red Lines (SKYs mind you, not Ions) show up tomorrow, then you have news of Earth-shattering magnitude, and something contrary to the entire collective wisdom of this forum.

So, be forewarned... If you come in the day after tomorrow and say, "Yep. Those two Red Lines came in. I saw them at the dealer. Got to drive one, too. Didn't take any photos, though..." Well, then I think we'd all have to kill you (or at least hire the CAI to do it!)

·
Registered
141 Posts
cuinoz, another question: has your order been imaged yet or are you still in line waiting for image?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have me there....what is this????

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds Like A Crazy Man

CUINOZ said:
Ok, "jdigiant" the fellow is confused. like I said it'll be interesting.

SkyBoss: My dealer (the one with the invisable red lines) took $500.00 down on my SKY. I was NOT pushed to purchase ANYTHING, I knew a lot from all of you so I was in a better position than the salesman, not that we ever argued, he was every bit a professional and nice fellow.....

I asked for and received this: 5 spd, Limited Slip, Silver Pearl, standard rims, std. tunes, I'm 1/2 deaf and in a "drop top":lol: ...anyway B&R leather, Black top, "splash guards" CIA , total w/o the CIA (that will be a dealer install upon arrival from Pluto or there abouts.........invoice looks like $ 25,400 ( I think....I don't have the copy with me here)

First off ALOHA 2 U BRA! :cool:

As for the whole notion that a dealer is geting SKY REDLINES next week is COMPLETE CRAZYNESS! :willy: ...More like a COMPLETE IMPOSSIBILITY!:eek:

BIG GMS are, only as we speak, starting to TEST DRIVE THE REDLINE AND GXP MODELS....THERE IS NO WAY these Turbo roadsters could be SOLD to the PUBLIC YET...NO WAY IN HELL!:devil:

I'm currently Freelancing in MASS....The LOWELL dealership isn't even placing orders for REDLINES yet! SKYS are coming into the LOWELL dealership very slowly...one month they may get one, the next month they may get two...a couple months skip and then three will come in....The dealership has not had a Sky in since MAY.

CUINOZ...I'm not sure if I read this one and all your other posts correctly...Are you getting a REGULAR SKY or a REDLINE SKY? You didn't exactly say.

From the time people are placing their Sky orders people have been waiting 2-5 months on average for their car to come in....PEOPLE are having more luck just waiting for DEMOS to show in the showroom and buying them up!

The next batch of SKYS coming to the LOWELL DEALERSHIP are 3 SKYS that should be here next week...TWO ARE DEMOS one is a SOLD ORDER....As of today word of mouth got wind of these two demos and they are SOLD as of today. People haven't even seen them and they are both AUTOS and one is CLOTH interior...People are losing their minds...they dont care if it's down to the bone minimum or loaded to the T...people are just scooping whatever is out there up!

THIS Forum knows more about the SKY then ANY...I MEAN ANY dealership...

The Sales crews of MANY dealerships come HERE to get info on the SKY....I'm not crappin you!

If it wasn't for all us SKY FREAKS...I would have been LOST and I would have beleived every word my GM said at my dealership....and the funny thing is the GM believed every word he said...He told me my car was built and that it should be here the week after....I told him...your wrong and that it was cool when my car doesn't show up next week...He said " WHAT?" I told him it was going to be much longer then a week from build date...Well I was right and now my GM comes to this website...He knows what he's talking about now.

ALOHAS :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I'll help all you members out a little bit. I ordered my original sky from Saturn of Dartmouth. I placed my deposit Sept 05, first on the list. Spoke again in Jan with the GM there and said only a few more weeks and you'll have it. Well March finally came around and he didnt have anything to tell me of it whereabouts. Now the end of March the car arrives, he calls me to come see the car, before the PDI and I show up and he shows me the cost $3000 added dollars that were not part of the agreed price. I was told all along MSRP until the first one came in and they said the owner changed his mind and that he wanted a premium for the cars because he could get it. Same night I went to Saturn of Raynham placed a $500 deposit got the Purchase agreement in wrinting MSRP and received my car as I ordered it on 6/30. These people at this dealearship know less about these cars than we do and are total idiots. You have a better chance of Richard Branson bringing you to outer space than seeing a Redline Sky in there showroom anytime this month or next. You in Fall River, better call and speak to that idiot Ed Figeiuredo and make sure you have in writing exactly what your paying for. Speak to Rick Brennan over there, he seems to be the only only who wont BS you. He was my original salesman in Raynham before he went to work for Dartmouth.

·
Registered
141 Posts
D-Money, that is an excellent heads-up warning. What complete jerks. I hope you reported this to Saturn.

Cuinoz, if your order isn't "imaged" its not really "ordered" yet from Saturn's perspective. UNTIL then, you are on a waiting list at the DEALERSHIP, hopefully moving up on the list as new orders are "imaged". Once imaged, timetables here seem to indicate 2 1/2 to 3 months til Delivery.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. Now that is indeed interesting. As "D-money 11" knows the players I defer to his knowledge. I too know Rick, my son got an SC 2 from him, he IS very knowledgable and a very nice guy.

Ok my worst fear was that the Sales Manager is full of it..:brentil: ..now I know....he is....sorry jdigiant..you were right.:D .

SkyBos....I'm facing a knee replacement in August and waiting longer for the car was the original plan and if it comes in even during the winter I would not be too upset.....now if it arrived today I'd be happy also....but my original plan (which may be still valid) is to get the surgery done, re-coup, and get the sky in about the same time I can use a cluch.

Thanks to you both and to "jdigiant" :) as you have shown me the error of my ways ( :nono: believing what an adult, proportadly doing business with large sums of money involved told me about his business - you would have thought I learned that at 60 .....BUT....the BS is ever-present) you just can't make up how stupid some folks think the rest of the world is.....

Thanks folks....I love to learn, and this FORUM is quite the college:thumbs:

By the way in my quest to solve the luggage capacity issue and other sports related concerns.......I just bought a used 2000 MAZDA B 2500 (ebay Motors) for use when I'm not SKY-ING ( I know the SKY is a great car but somehow loading my kayaks on the roof is a bit much....and its NOT the vehicle to take deer hunting, or put my boat in the water either I needed a "run-around" pick up so I got one ........ I'll get the B2500 later next week and I think I have my 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Sold.....so, I'm now ready for the day my car comes in...whenever that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts