Saturn Sky Forum banner

MASSC 3rd Annual Holiday Lights Dinner & Drive - Dec 5, 2009

25K views 282 replies 35 participants last post by  Boosted_Wicked 
#1 ·
I know it is early yet, but the Holiday Season is a busy time for many. So I just wanted to announce the date and location for our 3rd Annual MASSC Holiday Lights Dinner & Drive so that folks will have plenty of notice to fit it into their holiday plans.

This year we will do the Holiday Lights Display at the Herr's Snack Factory in Nottingham, PA (located about 30 miles west of Wilmington, DE).

The date is Saturday, December 5, 2009.

I am still researching a spot for dinner, looking for a place large enough to accomodate our group without requiring pre-payment upfront.

If anyone lives in the local area and can help with finding a restaurant for dinner, please let me know.

Please post here if you think you will be able to attend. (I'd like an idea of how large the group will be to help in planning the dinner.)

#2 · (Edited)
List of those interested in attending:

dengel
solli4me
Drgolf
smartin
tazz + 1
marlboromike & Darlene
JustMike
SteveSky67 + Sexy Italian
reedred
jerzedvil + 1
Tailhooker + 1
Elff + 1
Ahnuld + 1 (maybe)
kspkauai
The Fred & Part Time Sky Driver
Pacecar
sue'ssky & Al
kwayne and maybe +1
Boosted Wicked and maybe a passenger maybe

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Me 2! ... Oh and the Piggy Bowl has possibilities :D
I have to check with Spag on whether he would like to combine the Piggy Bowl Run with this event or keep it separate, as that is his event.

Still time to work out the details, I just wanted to get the date out there for folks to mark their calendars.

#8 ·
The address for the factory is: (I assume the light show also)
20 Herr Drive
Nottingham, PA 19362-9788

I post this, because when I went to google maps and put in "Nottingham, PA"... well lets just say you are better off using the Zip code when mapping this out!

#11 ·
This is our 4th year for holiday lights - the first was Bethlehem in '06 where we attempted to make a Moravian star. :)

eh, so I can't count. And I didn't even start this thread before my morning coffee, which would have been my normal excuse. :willy:

#15 ·
The Holiday Lights Drive will be through the Herr's Snack Factory in Nottingham, PA.

Herr's Makes the Holiday Brighter
This free driving tour incorporates more than 180,000 gleaming lights. This year's presentation features a special section of spectacular animated lights and an enchanted forest of gingerbread men, gumdrops and candy canes. Classic favorites include oversized falling snowflakes, delightfully hung Christmas balls, a nativity scene and the famous 12-foot wreath and giant bow adorning the snack factory warehouse. Perhaps even more recognized is a Norway spruce that stands 60 feet high at the entrance to Herr's. Bearing more than 1,500 red lights, "Big Red," as the crew refers to it, serves as a beacon of holiday cheer that can be seen for miles. Make a reservation for the free guided tour of this snack factory.
The drive from dinner to the Herr's Snack Factory will depend on where we end up having dinner, which has not been selected yet.

I will update the thread as the date gets closer and more details are figured out.

#24 ·
I am recalling this correctly - I looked it up!

See below:
dengel said:
Spag said:
and yes - all kappa tops have to be down during the ride!
SteveSky67 said:
NOT! And besdies, it is a two person operation, and i'm going by myself, so thats a predictiment,Sp....End of Line
Sorry, SteveSky, but as the organizer of this event for the third year in a row, I must confirm Spag's declaration.

It is required that all Kappa's participating in the Holiday Lights Drive must drive through the display with tops down. Remember to wear a warm coat, hat and gloves!

And don't worry, there will be plenty of folks there to show you how it is done.

#25 ·
Hi Diane,

I am interested in the Herr's Lights too. I am originally from the Nottingham/Oxford PA area.

I could maybe offer some ideas of where to eat. The Nottingham
PA area does not have restaurants that are nice enough or could
could accommadate many people.

Actually, The Iron Hill Brewery, The Naughty Goose and some other
places in DE, and MD area are not that far away. That way if people
needed to stay over, they could also be close to the hotels that
they have stayed at during the Mecca Tours.

Newark Delaware is near by, and would have more choices of
restautants.

Also, the Brandywine area is not too far as well, which is near
Nottingham and the Delaware area.

The Nottingham Holiday Lights are very nice and you can ride
around the display as many times as you would like and it is free.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

kspkauai

#32 ·
Damn Straight, why have one, when you can have many.:D..and I have a back up for my backup..... :dthumbs: And besides to quote Val Kilmer in "Batman Forever", "chicks dig the car":lol: Anyway, Rainbow said it was cool!

#34 ·
Hi everyone! We've missed you!!!! Put Al and myself down for this. I'll have to start looking for my santa hat. It might take a couple of months. I haven't been on in soooo long, but just in case you didn't know... piggy bowl has moved to a new location and I hear it's very nice! Located just outside of Hockessin, DE on Route 41. We will have to check it out. Talk to you soon!

Sue

#37 · (Edited)
Bringing the attendance list forward and bumping the thread. I will hopefully lock in our dinner location soon, so please post if you plan to attend so I can get a semi-accurate head count.

List of those interested in attending:

dengel
solli4me
Drgolf
smartin
tazz + 1
marlboromike & Darlene
JustMike
SteveSky67 + Sexy Italian
reedred
jerzedvil + 1
Tailhooker + 1
Elff + 1
Ahnuld + 1 (maybe)
kspkauai + 1
The Fred & Part Time Sky Driver
Pacecar
sue'ssky & Al
kwayne and maybe +1
Boosted Wicked and maybe a passenger maybe
Morfious
Spag
Xmicro and Xmicro Senior (weather dependent)
XSKYTED & Jeff (also weather dependent)
Slicer (maybe)
willie52
Tarantula Sky & Winston
tyler07 & Amy
Mr. Marky

#38 ·
Just saw this thread as well. Put me down for the holiday light extravaganza, with the top down the whole way!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.