Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MASSC Buds and Blossoms Run 2012 - Saturday, April 21st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MASSC will once again celebrate Spring on our Buds and Blossoms Run on Saturday April 21st. We will once again visit all of our favorite spots (Bear Mountain and Harriman State Parks, a twisty drive west on 17-A ending at the Warwick Valley Winery for lunch). I haven't had a chance to do a pre-run yet, but once I do I will finalize the run route, but I expect it to be similar to past years..

For more info on the places we will visit, you can check out these websites:

Scenic Byways in New Jersey

Bear Mountain State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Harriman State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery

We will meet at the Stateline Lookout on the Palisades Parkway at 10am. There is a cafe and restrooms at the overlook, and we will take some time to gather together and probably take a group photo or two.

We will depart from the Lookout PROMPTLY at 11:00am. The drive itself should take us about 3 hours. This will give us enough time to enjoy the drive and still reach the winery in time for lunch and wine tasting.

Please let me know if you can make it and I will start an attendance list.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Attendance:

dengel
solli4me
Spag
the fred & Ellen
Morfious
07Bluestone & Pat
Shiny
reedred
Big Sal & Brian
Tammy
SolsticeSJA
jerzedvil
warrenhotrod1 & deb
Wartie & Cindy
Ex-Miata Man & Diana
rmahoney
CT-Solstice
Pacecar & Penny
dffr + 1
Dr. Golf (Jeremy)
Latisha
Brian (fb)
Mike (fb)
Teresa (fb)
Jesse Mary (fb)
Frank Jaros (fb)
Bill (fb)
Andy (fb)
Steve (fb)

·
Registered
17,411 Posts
Missing the whole gang....I will be there 99.9/10%....but this year, I will meet all at Palisades Pkwy but not take the circuitous route...I am going directly to the winery

·
Registered
209 Posts
count me in . mike save me a parking spot at the winery

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thought I posted this already but.......
The last few years a lot of us met at the rest stop on the north bound side of the GSP (near exit 140, just before the Union toll plaza) Anyone planning on meeting there again this year?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I miss you too, Miss Independent! :grouphug:

Hope the fred let's you stomp the pedal some! ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since we have a few attendees coming in from relatively far distances and staying over Saturday night to attend this run, I would like to also coordinate a group dinner after the run and winery visit are over. Dinner will be about an hour from the winery, in the area of the Holiday Inn Express, Mount Arlington, NJ where we start our Skylands Run.

Please let me know if you would like to join the group for dinner so I can make a reservation. Time and place for dinner will be posted at a later time once I confirm the reservation (but will probably be at the Black River Barn where we have dined the night before the Skylands Run a few years ago.)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought I posted this already but.......
The last few years a lot of us met at the rest stop on the north bound side of the GSP (near exit 140, just before the Union toll plaza) Anyone planning on meeting there again this year?
Tom, since we have a few out-of-towners staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Mount Arlington, I am going to meet them there and then head directly to the start of the run from there.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well it looks like we may have as many as 25 to 30 cars participating in the Buds and Blossoms Run this Saturday!!! ::yay:

To help the run go smoothly, please remember the following for run day:

1. If you have a FMRS/GMRS radio, please remember to bring it.

2. Arrive at the meeting location with a full tank of gas. WE WILL NOT MAKE ANY FUELING STOPS ON THE RUN!

3. Use the bathroom facilities at the meeting location before getting into your cars. WE WILL NOT MAKE ANY BATHROOM STOPS ON THE RUN!

Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Going to bail for tomorrow due to the possible rain. Drove upstate today to take my youngest on a college visit - after 6+ hours of driving today not sure if I can take even a few more hours driving in the rain... That being said I hope that the weather holds off for everyone....
In hindsight I should have taken the sky today instead of the old company car...
Have a great time !!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts