Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MASSC will once again celebrate Spring on our Buds and Blossoms Run on Saturday April 20th. We will once again visit all of our favorite spots (Bear Mountain and Harriman State Parks, a twisty drive west on 17-A ending at the Warwick Valley Winery for lunch) I haven't had a chance to do a pre-run yet. Once I do I will finalize the run route, but I expect it to be similar to past years.

For more info on the places we will visit, you can check out these websites:

Scenic Byways in New Jersey

Bear Mountain State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Harriman State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery

We will meet at the Stateline Lookout on the Palisades Parkway at 10am. There is a cafe and restrooms at the overlook, and we will take some time to gather together and probably take a group photo or two.

We will depart from the Lookout PROMPTLY at 11:00am. The drive itself should take us about 3 hours. This will give us enough time to enjoy the drive and still reach the winery in time for lunch and wine tasting.
See More

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Paul - I knew home sickness would be hitting you one day, Missing the North East!!! :D
:nono: NOOOOOO, just that run and one stretch of highway, and that group of people.......don't get all crazy on me!:willy: :lol::lol::lol:

It has been in the 70's and 80's here in Vegas and 20-40's in NY and snowing, trust me, my heart is in Vegas!! :D

·
7,028 Posts
:nono: NOOOOOO, just that run and one stretch of highway, and that group of people.......don't get all crazy on me!:willy: :lol::lol::lol:

It has been in the 70's and 80's here in Vegas and 20-40's in NY and snowing, trust me, my heart is in Vegas!! :D
:thumbs: Got Ya Paul! :cheers:
It's been kind of cold here in the "Sun Shine" State of Florida.... :willy:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Buds and Blossoms is less than two weeks away! I went out for a pre-run on Saturday to make sure the roads on the route are all good and we are in great shape for this event!

It looks like we've got about 20 cars signed up at this point in time.

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
This is a great time do not miss out.
See you on Sunday for the Piggy .

Larry
LLLFLY

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Diane, I'm a really strong "Maybe"
(I had to have another surgery on my neck, (that's a story for another time)
I only go back to work on the 15th and need to see how I feel)
Sorry to hear about the surgery, but I hope you can make it for the run.

The forecast has improved for Saturday, so it now looks like morning clouds changing to sun for the afternoon and temps in the 50s.

Looking forward to kicking off the driving season with everyone!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
The forecast has improved for Saturday, so it now looks like morning clouds changing to sun for the afternoon and temps in the 50s.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry to hear about the surgery, but I hope you can make it for the run.

I'll upgrade my status to 99.9%, just got done putting together my water and granola bars.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts