Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come one come all!!!

The MASSC will show our cars with the Lehigh Valley Corvette Club before and during the Lehigh Valley ALS Walk. The Walk is held at Lehigh Valley College in Upper Saucon, PA (near 78 and 309 intersection). Everyone will meet at Lehigh Valley College at 9:00 AM. The plan is to show our cars at the ALS Walk and then to take a cruise on the Fall Foilage Route that my Harley Owners Group takes the week before. Lots of great twisties! We will end at Penn's Peak for a late lunch. I am in the process of getting the route and adding to the beginning to start at Lehigh Valley College.

For those trying to determine driving times/distances, here is the address for Lehigh Valley College:

Lehigh Valley College
2809 East Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034

Any one wishing to sponsor me at the walk can contribute through my walk page or contact me for a snail mail address.

My Walk page is:
http://walk.alsphiladelphia.org/site....&s_tafId=6536

Penn's Peak Page:
http://www.pennspeak.com/index.shtml

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm In

Count me in. I'm from Lehigh Valley and know the roads very well. We're ending at Blue Mountain? See you there.:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we are going to end up at Penn's Peak for a late lunch. Hopefully the weather will hold up and the leaves will stay on the trees. Should be at Peak colors by this weekend.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Hey Pace, you should come up to the Hudson Valley Run that Sunday. 43 Cars and counting, going to be a blast!!

Great food, great cars, great roads, and more importantly....GREAT PEOPLE!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lehigh Valley Run.

Here's pics of the run. Unfortunately my camera battery ran out and I only got 6 pictures of the run. Others on the trip have pictures by the Lake and they are great.

Only Sky in the bunch. But the SOls were great. We had many lookers at the ALS walk, so the 3 corvettes packed up an went home early. :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Last 2 pictures

Last 2 pictures from the deck of Penn's Peak. Lehigh Valley Pocono mountains in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get my pictures posted tonight. I do have a few of everyone crossing Jordon Creek. Thanks for making this a day to remember. Here is a letter that went out from Donna after the walk.

To All My Family & Friends,

Oh, what a beautiful day it was! It was an amazing day for so many reasons and each one of you should be proud of what you and Donna’s Dugout accomplished. I am ever so thankful for everything that you have done.

My main reason and purpose of Donna’s Dugout has always been to raise awareness of ALS in the Lehigh Valley and with the awareness we would then be able to raise funds that would support patient services and research into treatments and a cure for ALS. This would also give HOPE and support to all people living with ALS.

On Saturday, October 20, 2007, 100+ walkers representing Donna’s Dugout in the 5th Annual Walk to D’Feet ALS showed their support by raising awareness of ALS and raising over $20,000 of a grand total of $125,000 in our 2nd year of participating in the walk! (At this time the final totals are not available and are not expected before the end of the week) Last year, with 70+ walkers we raised $11,200 of a grand total of $89,000. This year we also added 50+ new walkers. Some of you were from my high school years that I have not seen in almost 30 years, some were former co-workers, some were friends or family members of walkers and some were new friends. Whatever the case I appreciate and I am grateful to have all of you walk again or join our team this year. All of these things are amazing feats to accomplish and would never have been accomplished without each of you. There is no I in this team.

Although all of these things are important there is something else that matters much more to me. That is your showing of support to Paul and me. The fact that you came out to walk in support of us is truly what it is about for me. You also took the time to raise awareness, donations and generously giving your own donations. I have always said that through something that is not very good what has come are the rewards of new friendships and renewed friendships. For that I am so grateful for. These times are very precious to me and are lasting memories that I will never forget and always have to look back on.

As I said, it was a beautiful day in many ways and I hope you all enjoyed the day meeting some new people and catching up with some of the other walkers whether it be family or friends. If I have one regret for the day it is that the day goes so fast and I don’t have enough time to spend with each of you to catch up. I thank you for all that you have done, for coming to the walk and supporting us and my mission of awareness and support of ALS. Your thoughtfulness means so much more than words can ever say.

Hopefully our paths may cross again soon but if not we’ll look forward to seeing you next year!

With sincere appreciation for everything,

Sincerely,

Donna and Paul

P.S. please forward this message to anyone that you know may not have received this email as I know I don’t have email addresses for everyone, especially those who did not sign up on the website in advance. Please also feel free to share with your family and friends that made donations through you as without them we would not have raised the funds we did. Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Pace, you should come up to the Hudson Valley Run that Sunday. 43 Cars and counting, going to be a blast!!

Great food, great cars, great roads, and more importantly....GREAT PEOPLE!!! :cheers:
I should have gotten out of bed earlier....... I look forward to seeing pictures and posts.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
You know this one is bound to go down in forum history just like the one with tops down in the snow :D
:lol: I'm still traumatized from seeing it last night!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts