Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to our GM rep and was told that in Canada there will be a "closed launch" (whatever that means) and that every dealership will get their first one on May 11th. That sucks!!! I was hoping to have mine by April.

I asked her if the USA was on the same timeline and she did not know but had not heard so she assumed it would be the same.

Supposedly they would like us to have an "unveiling Party" on the 11th and invite the public/media.

Anyone else in Canada heard this? I really hope she is wrong.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I haven't heard that but I guess I'll keep on :chill:ing, At least it fits the weather today:) :)
I don't think I'd go to a closed launch, I'll go when they have mine

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
May?? but didn't you canadians place your image in the beginning of Jan? what are they going to do for 5 months?
That doesn't sound realistic to me but then most stuff that comes from the dealers is wrong anyway.

Except dealers on this forum~!!!!!!!!!

(better throw that in for my own protection :cheers: )

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you fellow Canucks could call your dealers and see if there is any truth to this it would be appreciated. Apparently the Saturn owners had a meeting in Toronto on Tuesday to discuss, amongst other things, the Sky and the Aura. Perhaps they will know more about this May 11th nonsence.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
As I said in a previous post my dealer had said something was going to happen on the 11th. He never said of what. I tried very hard to pin him down to a month. Of course he was also saying that ordering would take place in May! Then he calls me last Friday and says come on in!

I don't think Saturn is giving them a lot of specifics.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call him and say "I know about the May 11th launch." Whisper it in an evil vioce and try to sound threatening.

You should be able to guage by his reaction if it is true or not.

Wow...I think I am a Sky Stalker.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The truest indicator that the Sky is ready is when they ask you for the Big Bucks :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chill Canada, the rumors are what drive the forums and if they even
hint of authencity they are even better.
I think the May 11 date is the GM office pool guess on when they will
be able to get to every dealer in Canada without chains.
Kidding of course, but waiting on a SKY is becoming hauntingly
familiar to the agonizing wait I had last year for my Solstice.
The rumor mill on the forum was 24/7 with everyone claiming inside
knowledge.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
FINELY said:
Chill Canada, the rumors are what drive the forums and if they even
hint of authencity they are even better.
I think the May 11 date is the GM office pool guess on when they will
be able to get to every dealer in Canada without chains.
Kidding of course, but waiting on a SKY is becoming hauntingly
familiar to the agonizing wait I had last year for my Solstice.
The rumor mill on the forum was 24/7 with everyone claiming inside
knowledge.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
when posts do not have a direct or quoted source, and I or other mods don't find anything, then thread names are changed to identify such threads. This prevents the casual lurker from coming in and seeing it, then running to the dealer and screaming at them because of a thread title. Don't think it doesn't happen... we've been throught this before on SF...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Funny... I heard about th 14th of May " according to my dealer"

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
Funny... I heard about th 14th of May " according to my dealer"
And we all know how accurate they have been... :lol:

(Dealers, don't take this statement seriously, but also realize that the greatest source of misinformation over on SF has been the dealership network.

Also, don't forget, these anonymous sources said the SKY starts production.... TODAY!!!... but it's not... )

·
Registered
148 Posts
KappaMan said:
And we all know how accurate they have been... :lol:
That is soooo true.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :willy: :willy: :crazy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so any other Canadians heard this yet???

·
Registered
148 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
so any other Canadians heard this yet???
May 11th if Officially the date.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why though? Won't our cars be built WAY before that!!!??? My God...i was ordered Dec. 23rd!!!

Is this happening in the USA too?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
We ordered mine.. illinois.. at the beginning of january.. ok, put the deposit down and was told that it was "in the computer" they say they may bet their first one in by MARCH something.... and my "order" number should be here in may, so i might get my car in june. Well, they have said many, many things and keep changing their minds. I really feel SATURN site should have more info for us, so we arent ASSUMING all things related to our cars showing up. UGH... I WANT MY SKY... YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don't think it goes into the computer to Gen Mtrs until the dealer gets an image, how ever it could be in there local computer banks. Just speculation and observation only. Have a good day SKY-BABY:cheers

ernest:jester: :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
:D Thanks Ernest... I really dont know how this all really happens.... just listening to what they tell me which is a different thing daily..... TY.. i appreciate all the help and information you give. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyBaby said:
We ordered mine.. illinois.. at the beginning of january.. ok, put the deposit down and was told that it was "in the computer" they say they may bet their first one in by MARCH something.... and my "order" number should be here in may, so i might get my car in june. Well, they have said many, many things and keep changing their minds. I really feel SATURN site should have more info for us, so we arent ASSUMING all things related to our cars showing up. UGH... I WANT MY SKY... YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SkyBaby-07
Sky Baby think of it this way, if saturn put more updates on their website or give it to the dealers then there would be many more people already in line to get one, and that might put yours even farther down the line depending you how big an allotment your dealer has....
I just say stay calm and hold on tight, once it gets here it wil be very much worth the wait...

I am just hoping my wife will still be well enough to take a couple trips in ours once we get it....:( it is not looking very good at the moment.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts