Saturn Sky Forum banner
141 - 160 of 237 Posts
I'm wondering when other NY/NJ people are thinking of driving down. I'd expect getting there will be a blast if a bunch of us head down together. My spirited jaunts with Dengel, Kipp, and Solli were lots of fun and beg to be repeated!

I'm using a vacation day on Friday for the trip. Is anyone else, or shall I sit on my posterior until it's time for us all to leave?

I think I will leave extra early to meet whoever on the Jersey Tnpk...Clara Barton rest area...by the way, last year we discussed Chicken & Ribs..someone had a great place to go....I am raising the flag now....this time, Chicken & Ribs....Delaware boys....do your research.

that 63 chevy....it will turn heads...but remember, we will be going somewhere afterwards...u may want to reconsider...your choice of course...and consider this, everyone will want to see your rear tail lights and those transformers installed on your lights...this will definitely be ....look at my sky/solstice competition.

that 63 chevy....it will turn heads...but remember, we will be going somewhere afterwards...u may want to reconsider...your choice of course...and consider this, everyone will want to see your rear tail lights and those transformers installed on your lights...this will definitely be ....look at my sky/solstice competition.
:agree: Ok change my mind already,besides I have another trick up my slevee
:jester:

This link might help people:

link

If you browse through this, it is a listing of hotels and such in the immediate area of the plant (I have no recommendations - but it is a list to look through if you need)...

If you click the name of the hotel, it shows you were it is on the map and gives you a link to the hotel.

If you look under the 10 hotels listed, click "next" and it will expand out further list even more...

:thumbs:

Getting reservations or a group rate is like pulling teeth... there must be ALOT going on in the area.. anyway.. I got a reservation at Fairfield Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall on 65 Geoffrey Drive Newark, Delaware 19713 1-302-292-1500 for 89$ / night. SkyBaby

The Newark area hotels/inns are a good place (like where SkyBaby is staying). There are, I think, about 3 or 4 places in that vicinity. There is also a Hilton right near Christiana Hospital that is very nice.

I would stay AWAY from Claymont (I saw someone else is staying at the Holiday Inn Select in Claymont).

You do NOT want to be in the City of Wilmington with a car parked overnight unless you have a secure garage but even then vandalism has been known to occur in some garages.

The list of 100 attendees ... and the list is closed for now

07BLUESTONE
2late4-1000
69T/A
Ahnuld
Alchris
Antonio
AverageJoe
birdliver
BlueSkyRL
bradsol
Brycebequick
casparrot
Chicago Skyline
chilipepperred777
chuckdoc
clb5@aol.com
CRACKTHESKY
Critterman
ctyankee
DaleF
Daywalker
DCLocal
DeaconEd
DELTAFLYBIRD
dengel
dogboy
Douglas
Drex
ericinberg
Ernest
FieroChuck
Flyguy115
flyinthesky
gatkpt9999
GMguy74
GMO
GradSoulStice
Grammie 4 VT
Graysky
GXP Golfer
GXP terror
Hitch
HotScott
hyzer
Iceman
IslandHopper
jayman
Jeff
JimmyMood
jimmyo
JMS-MES
JustMike
Kurt
lamboman
marlboromike
MBVette
mceb
mike the impatient
Mike'sSon
MSG_McKee
njtex
ozyman222
Pace Car
PADriver
PAO
Pitcom
R1chy
Rdstrs 4 50yrs
Red Line Love
reedred
Rick Tinley Park
rick112
Rusty
SaturnSkyDude
shenvalley
ShowGal
sky in pdx
smartin
solli4me
SolsticeEnjoying
southphillylakes
Spag
The Jett
TulsaSky
tyler19701
virginiasky
vstar
wannasolstice2
Zepplin

HMc
Backstage
RadRiv
Gizmo
Morfious
NBCKipp
unclefester
Sly Bob
Bow4buck
Rhian
gdbabin

Any Chance of a philly local getting added to the list?

Blue

Discussion starter · #154 ·
Any Chance of a philly local getting added to the list?

Blue
Like I'm telling everyone send it the application and the waver. Going by the list first, then those who asked earlier about standby and then the final tie breaker will be the postmark. After 100 cars I'll try to fill open passenger seats so that we get in the full 200. :cheers:

JUSTMIKE
ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A RUNNING LIST POSTED SO WE CAN SEE THAT YOU RECEIVED OUR FORMS. ( YOU KNOW HOW THE US MAIL CAN BE :willy: ) WE KEPT A COPY OF OURS JUST IN CASE.

Discussion starter · #156 ·
JUSTMIKE
ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A RUNNING LIST POSTED SO WE CAN SEE THAT YOU RECEIVED OUR FORMS. ( YOU KNOW HOW THE US MAIL CAN BE :willy: ) WE KEPT A COPY OF OURS JUST IN CASE.
I suppose that I'll have to figure something out .. ;) Not gonna turn into Gizmo though .. :nono:

I Don't Know If This Will Help But Can You Start A New Post And Just Underline Each One As You Receive Them. I'm Not A Computer Wiz Kid Our Anything But Maybe That Will Work.
Thanks For All You Have Done For Us.
Bow4buck ( Jack And Pauline )

The Newark area hotels/inns are a good place (like where SkyBaby is staying). There are, I think, about 3 or 4 places in that vicinity. There is also a Hilton right near Christiana Hospital that is very nice.

I would stay AWAY from Claymont (I saw someone else is staying at the Holiday Inn Select in Claymont).
That was me. OK, I just made another reservation at a Days Inn in Newark off Christiana Road. $78. Is that better?

Getting reservations or a group rate is like pulling teeth... there must be ALOT going on in the area.. anyway.. I got a reservation at Fairfield Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall on 65 Geoffrey Drive Newark, Delaware 19713 1-302-292-1500 for 89$ / night. SkyBaby
Me too:thumbs: I'll let you buy me a drink:D

I suppose that I'll have to figure something out .. ;) Not gonna turn into Gizmo though .. :nono:
Mike, what I've been doing for the events I've planned is to just start a list of attendees in post #1 of the announcement thread. Since you have such a large group you may want to start a different thread just for attendance.

But either way, you just keep editing the post to add more names as you receive the registrations. To me it seems a lot easier than having a separate document that you have to keep editing and reposting.

:jm2c:

141 - 160 of 237 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.