Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers:

I will be going to a Ride & Drive next Thursday in Winston/Salem, North Carolina and we have been told there will be a few cars for us to drive, Aura, Vue Hybrid, SKY and SKY RedLine :eek: . That is what we have been told. I have seen a few comments here and there that there are no RedLines at these Ride & Drives but I guess I will find out on Thursday. If I can't take my Digi-Cam I will take my daughters phone since it has a camera on it.

I'll keep you all posted if they had a RedLine or not... I really hope so!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Wowser! Give us all the details...sound,acceleration, handling...gosh, like I have to tell you!

·
Registered
540 Posts
oh my gosh Sky Spy!!! :willy: we will all start praying, holding hands, singing, begging the Saturn gods, etc. etc. Here is hoping you get to drive a Redline on your trip :thumbs:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sky Spy,
I live right outside of Winston-Salem. Got anymore details, like time of day?

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you do get to hold hands with one we will all be really anxious to hear your report.:drool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it's funny that you have to borrow your daughters stuff to get the decent electronics. Ain't that the way it is?:D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NCRedLine said:
Sky Spy,
I live right outside of Winston-Salem. Got anymore details, like time of day?
It will be set up at the Winston-Salem Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum and is supposed to start at 8:30AM. I'm not sure what security measures they will have in place but if you have a camera with a zoom lens you should be fine... :thumbs:

I will ask my manager if I can bring my camera, I doubt I will be able to but it will be nice if I can. :eek:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parthanon said:
I think it's funny that you have to borrow your daughters stuff to get the decent electronics. Ain't that the way it is?:D
I have never had use for a camera-phone but my next one will be one. We got her a camera-phone for safety reasons but, of course I knew she wanted one anyways, the kicker is that she is ONLY 12 years old... :banghead:

Regards,

·
Registered
90 Posts
SKY Spy said:
I have never had use for a camera-phone but my next one will be one. We got her a camera-phone for safety reasons but, of course I knew she wanted one anyways, the kicker is that she is ONLY 12 years old... :banghead:

Regards,

Ah, and so the fun begins. My daughter is now 18, and almost a real person again.:banghead:

·
Registered
302 Posts
So this event is private and just for dealers??

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NCRedLine said:
So this event is private and just for dealers??
Yes!!! Only those enrolled thrugh the GM Training System will be allowed but the actual Driving is supposed to take place in the parking lot of the Coliseum so you may be able to see it from the distace and even hear it... :cheers:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Parthanon said:
Ah, and so the fun begins. My daughter is now 18, and almost a real person again.:banghead:
I'm NOT looking forward to those pesky teen-age years!!! :banghead:

Regards,

·
Registered
820 Posts
My Salesman told me about this about 2 months ago(he's great) and I have been planing to come.....guess I can't. Can the public spectate? And if so, how far away do we have to be? I'm in Greensboro and would love to come hear the RL, or catch a glimpse of it. I thought I would be able to drive.......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure how close you will be able to get, the only way to know if to actually come to the Coliseum parking lot and see if you can get a glimpse!!! :banghead:

Regards,

·
Registered
820 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Not sure how close you will be able to get, the only way to know if to actually come to the Coliseum parking lot and see if you can get a glimpse!!! :banghead:

Regards,

PLEASE say that you will be able to drive.....:willy:
If not, atleast get some good photos......an listen REAL good.

ALSO, this thing is supposed to go on for 2 days. I know you said they may not have the RL, bu, if they do: do you think the would run it both days(19th and 20th)?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nemesis said:
PLEASE say that you will be able to drive.....:willy:
If not, atleast get some good photos......an listen REAL good.

ALSO, this thing is supposed to go on for 2 days. I know you said they may not have the RL, bu, if they do: do you think the would run it both days(19th and 20th)?
It IS a Ride & DRIVE after all!!! :cheers: If they have it, I will drive it. I also found out I can take my camera so I will take as many pics as I can... :thumbs: It's going to be 100 degrees there on Thursday so I will be fighting the heat but I will do the best I can to "Surprise & Delight" all of you with any info and thoughts... :eek:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
We should build a list of research items for SkySpy.

1) How's the exhaust sound.
.... At idle, and under load.
.... From within car and from a distance.

2) While driving, can you watch the boost gauge and press lightly enough to actually feel when the turbo kicks in.

3) Can you tell any difference in suspension?

4) How's the acceleration? What impact on feel does the flat torque curve appear to have?

What else?
Non RL - Anything you can glean about Bluestone would be good.

SS. Don't forget extra batteries for the camera. (sunscreen too!).
We expect a full field report with postings from your lab book. ; )

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will be taking my Digital Recorder too. I will see if I can record some sounds with it... :thumbs:

I was also told that there is a chance the RedLine will be there but just for show and not for drives... :mad: :brentil: :banghead: I hope that is NOT the case but I will know soon enough... :rolleyes:

Regards,

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nemesis said:
My Salesman told me about this about 2 months ago(he's great) and I have been planing to come.....guess I can't. Can the public spectate? And if so, how far away do we have to be? I'm in Greensboro and would love to come hear the RL, or catch a glimpse of it. I thought I would be able to drive.......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Nemesis,
Are you going to go on Thursday? I think I might ride up there that morning to check it out since I'm not far at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts