Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While attending the taping of PINKS today at Texas Motorplex in Ennis TX, I got to run Mayhem all afternoon during the test and tune. She did great for a pure stock 2.0L out of the factory. After making a few passes experimenting with the "magic button", I got the best ET's & Speed with Traction Control on and Competitive Mode. She ran consistent 14.10 with her best pass being as follows:

R/T (reaction time) .104
60' 2.024
330' 5.829
1/8 8.981
MPH:78.09
1000' 11.742
1/4 14.079
MPH 96.44

(This is copied off the Timing Slip)

I launched off the brake, breaking my RPM's up enugh to where the Turbo was just kickin' in, she launched great, ran true as an arrow, except when I tried it with the T/C Off, then she got a little sideways out of hole, which was my worst ET of the day.:mad: I did not up shift the AUTO, let her run at her Competitive Mode shift points, which brought about her best performance. Anyway, with a little tweaking by my Saturn buddies, some ECM tunes and she will break into the 13's no problem. Also a little more tree time will help, as I was a little rusty, but for our first time out together at the strip, I am very satisfied, we will grow faster in time as I get more time at the strip!!!!:thumbs:

Most boost I could pull was 18 psi crossing the finish.

And let's not forget the celebrity status, even the starting line official was talking while I was getting ready to stage, overheard him say, that's a turbo convertable, with an AUTOMATIC, runs good too:thumbs: And of course, "ITS' A SATURN":thumbs:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
"a little rusty"?

R/T (reaction time) .104
Also a little more tree time will help, as I was a little rusty, but for our first time out together at the strip, I am very satisfied, we will grow faster in time as I get more time at the strip!!!!:thumbs:
I know of alot of people that would love to be that rusty :lol: nice job "ole man":cheers:

·
Registered
444 Posts
While attending the taping of PINKS today at Texas Motorplex in Ennis TX, I got to run Mayhem all afternoon during the test and tune. She did great for a pure stock 2.0L out of the factory. After making a few passes experimenting with the "magic button", I got the best ET's & Speed with Traction Control on and Competitive Mode. She ran consistent 14.10 with her best pass being as follows:

R/T (reaction time) .104
60' 2.024
330' 5.829
1/8 8.981
1000' 11.742
1/4 14.079
MPH 96.44

I launched off the brake, breaking my RPM's up enugh to where the Turbo was just kickin' in, she launched great, ran true as an arrow, except when I tried it with the T/C Off, then she got a little sideways out of hole, which was my worst ET of the day.:mad: I did not up shift the AUTO, let her run at her Competitive Mode shift points, which brought about her best performance. Anyway, with a little tweaking by my Saturn buddies, some ECM tunes and she will break into the 13's no problem. Also a little more tree time will help, as I was a little rusty, but for our first time out together at the strip, I am very satisfied, we will grow faster in time as I get more time at the strip!!!!:thumbs:

And let's not forget the celebrity status, even the starting line official was talking while I was getting ready to stage, overheard him say, that's a turbo convertable, with an AUTOMATIC, runs good too:thumbs: And of course, "ITS' A SATURN":thumbs:
Nice feedback Ernest!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice post. You still got it. :willy:

Top up or down?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Consistent 14's for a stock turbo w/ automatic...
as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive. Most impressive."

Good job Ernest! :thumbs:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great report Ernest. Not such bad driving either. Please keep us posted on future outings at the track so those of us still without our Redlines can stay inspired. Feel free to post video. Thanks for all you do for this forum.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice post. You still got it. :willy:

Top up or down?
Top Up. NHRA Safety Rules require top up or tubular roll bar.

Interesting note, a few 100ths of a second quicker and I will have to wear a helmet, 13.99 and quicker it is required. Looks like I'll be shopping for a helmet:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great report Ernest. Not such bad driving either. Please keep us posted on future outings at the track so those of us still without our Redlines can stay inspired. Feel free to post video. Thanks for all you do for this forum.:thumbs:
I am expecting video to arrive by email this afternoon, it was taken as she launched, can't wait to see it, also a lot of pix were taken will try to get them posted in the next day or so.

BTW my best reaction time was .065:thumbs: I made 14 passes and she never missed a lick. At a glance looking thru the timing slips, she stays consistent to hundreths of a seconds at all distances down the track. I am not a rocket scientist but I have a lot of data to compare know and off hand this little short is true to her name Mayhem, she rocks:thumbs: :cool:

Silverpearl really glistens in the sunlight, with the chrome wheels she is nothing but sparkle and fine!!!!!:willy: :cool: She stands out at the track, and can back her looks up with performance:cheers:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ernest, in all of those times, was there a chance to do a 0-60 MPH run?

If so, we would all be interested in the 0-60 times you actually experienced!:thumbs:

·
Registered
87 Posts
launch a little easier with traction control off and she should go a little faster....traction control usually costs u a few tenths.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ernest, in all of those times, was there a chance to do a 0-60 MPH run?

If so, we would all be interested in the 0-60 times you actually experienced!:thumbs:
I have no way of recording 0-60, but will try get you a time at when I run Thursday if the weather holds this week!:thumbs:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have no way of recording 0-60, but will try get you a time at when I run Thursday if the weather holds this week!:thumbs:
Thanks Ernest!:cool:

Looking forward to what you/Mayhem can deliver for us!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Move lead from rear end and put it into foot!

Great runs Ernesto--
What octane is the fuel you are using and is a higher octane available at the strip? Unleaded, to be sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
run

R/T (reaction time) .104
60' 2.024
330' 5.829
1/8 8.981
MPH:78.09
1000' 11.742
1/4 14.079
MPH 96.44

Very good. Like I have been saying. If we can find someone to make a nice stall converter you would be in the 13's easily.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great runs Ernesto--
What octane is the fuel you are using and is a higher octane available at the strip? Unleaded, to be sure.
93 octane straight from the pump. Track pumps weren't open.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is the video link GIZMO posted on the Solsticeforums site. It was shot with a video phone, but it is better than nothing. Special Thank You to GIZMO for his post:thumbs:

www.solsticeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9347

Ex-forum members helping forum members,
It don't get no better than that!!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Ernest,
I saw the video on the sol froum...looks very cool. Not very clear but you could tell who was who. Great job on the runs!!!!! you and Mayhem will show them how it is done.:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Here is the video link GIZMO posted on the Solsticeforums site. It was shot with a video phone, but it is better than nothing. Special Thank You to GIZMO for his post:thumbs:

www.solsticeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9347

Ex-forum members helping forum members,
It don't get no better than that!!!!!:thumbs:
Damn, Ernest you are just having to much fun. Keep it up. I will be there someday.

·
Registered
802 Posts
So, What additives are needed to take 91 octane to 93?

Any chemists out there in Kappaland? How to make California 91 octane into everyone elses (except a few) 93+ octane, short of gunpowder in the gas would be my question.. and none of Skyps stinky dog gases.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts