Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Any chemists out there in Kappaland? How to make California 91 octane into everyone elses (except a few) 93+ octane, short of gunpowder in the gas would be my question.. and none of Skyps stinky dog gases.
Toluene works great. It's the main ingredient in many octane boosters you get in a can. F1 cars in the turbo era ran something like 80% toluene. The problem though is that I guess it's used in meth production so don't go buying a dozen 55 gallon drums of it at once or anything. Local racers have used it with good success in turbo Buicks and of course the classic home depot race car DSMs.

I did a search for the old page for 'homemade race gas' I used to have bookmarked but I couldn't find it. I did find this: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44006&highlight=homemade+octane

Also, great runs Ernest! I look forward to some more since the tracks closed around here 3 weeks ago and I need to live vicariously through someone :D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Toluene works great. It's the main ingredient in many octane boosters you get in a can. F1 cars in the turbo era ran something like 80% toluene. The problem though is that I guess it's used in meth production so don't go buying a dozen 55 gallon drums of it at once or anything. Local racers have used it with good success in turbo Buicks and of course the classic home depot race car DSMs.

I did a search for the old page for 'homemade race gas' I used to have bookmarked but I couldn't find it. I did find this: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44006&highlight=homemade+octane

Also, great runs Ernest! I look forward to some more since the tracks closed around here 3 weeks ago and I need to live vicariously through someone :D

Your welcome to enjoy my "racing" lifestyle. But storms have knocked out the 1/8 mile drags tonite, but plan to go next Thursday for sure. Will advise.:thumbs:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts