1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's is home, and she is happy.:lol:

Describe in one word her performance: WOW:willy: :willy:

My First Impressions:

The R/L is a whole different breed of SKY. Comparing the Base to the R/L is like comparing Black to White, they are both colors, but that is where the similarity ends!!!!

The performance is incredible, pushes you back in the seat, the stabilitrac, traction control, and competition mode are awesome. Quite frankly, having driven both auto & manual SKY's, I would take the auto over the manual in the Red LIne, hands down. The shift points are smooth, quick, and catch the power curve perfectly. She ii almost instant on when turbo boost hits, man she screams, She will high 8's/low 9's in the 1/8, I can see 13.98's/14.00 flats in the quarter mile. The R/L suspensionm feels great, I see no need for an upgrade, the car is a fine tuned piace of art. I am spoiled now, I have seen the future, and it screams SKY R/L. I might even sell Serenity, she is a great car i n herself, but I am converted.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
YAY!
Congrats Ernest!

:cheers:​

·
Registered
432 Posts
Awesome!!!

(But don't tell Serenity...don't want to hurt her feelings!)​

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ernest you used the same words I used about my baby. I'm glad to see yours has more spunk! CONGRATS and enjoy!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts

My First Impressions:

The R/L is a whole different breed of SKY. Comparing the Base to the R/L is like comparing Black to White, they are both colors, but that is where the similarity ends!!!!

The performance is incredible, pushes you back in the seat, the stabilitrac, traction control, and competition mode are awesome. Quite frankly, having driven both auto & manual SKY's, I would take the auto over the manual in the Red LIne, hands down. The shift points are smooth, quick, and catch the power curve perfectly. She ii almost instant on when turbo boost hits, man she screams, She will high 8's/low 9's in the 1/8, I can see 13.98's/14.00 flats in the quarter mile. The R/L suspensionm feels great, I see no need for an upgrade, the car is a fine tuned piace of art. I am spoiled now, I have seen the future, and it screams SKY R/L. I might even sell Serenity, she is a great car i n herself, but I am converted.:lol:

CONGRATS ERNEST!!

MORE INFO, MORE INFO!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts

My First Impressions:

Ernest, try to get a 0-60 time out of her for us!

We need real data!!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Here She Is!

Looking good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
More!

More Pics of Mayhem!:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Each time I am about to walk away I read something great and just have to hang in there for a while longer.
It sounds like an amazing vehicle that the tooth fairly has been writing about!

A Big Congratualtions and a sincere thank you for the report.
:) :thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
:cool: Ernest, You have to be Happy now that Mayhem is where it belongs after the long trip it took. Please provide more updates regarding your impressions of your new toy !!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
:cool: Ernest, You have to be Happy now that Mayhem is where it belongs after the long trip it took. Please provide more updates regarding your impressions of your new toy !!!!
Congrats Ernest!

Sounds great. I am glad to hear how good the Auto is in the Redline. !

Can hardly wait!!!

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
:willy: :cheers: CONGRATS!! ERNEST!!!! :willy: :cheers: YOUR BABY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!
:willy: I'M SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BUDDY!!!:willy:

Love the write up!.....The RL's are FAST!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
An amazing thing about the 2.0 turbo is the incredible torque curve and power range. This car literally pushes you back in the seat, It is so cool the way it has almost instant power, I recommend to all future R/L owners to get the feel of her before you hammer it, cause they can get there a** around on you if you are using the competition mode.

On a lighter note: (get the pun) The dash lights and Speedo/Tach gauges are much more visibile than the base. I like the whole instrument cluster fascia better than the base. More later!!!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
congratz...... ernest:thumbs:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Did ya get her sideways yet??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Be very careful on freshly paved roads in competition mode. Cause when you slip the rear and end up on the freshly painted divider line, let's just say it gets interesting. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
:Shweeettttt :thumbs:

·
Registered
223 Posts

My First Impressions:

Congrats!:cheers: Sounds like "Mayhem" is a perfect name for your new "beast".:thumbs: Man, I got to get a ride in one of those!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts