Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
It is 95.7 mile due east of ST Louis, Missouri and 734 miles away from Arlington, Texas.

·
Registered
171 Posts
According to mapquest, there are two Salem ILs. One is 2.5 hours away from Chicago, and the other is 4 hours away. However, only one is SW from Chicago, so I assume that's your track - it's the one four hours away from Chicago....so that puts it about 1.5 hrs out of St. Louis, MO. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
:thumbs: Hey Ernest it looks like mayhem might have clue where home is and might be heading your way, good luck I hope she makes it all the way home this time with no stops :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here you go folks: Interchanged Received Salem Illinois 2020 hrs 9/10

ETA Industry City/State Not Avail 9/15

Just where in the heck is Salem Illinois? SW of Chicago?
Looks like you are on your way to a railhead in E St Louis (at least it looks that way on Google Maps)

(sorry, roadsky & marklynn70. I should have read all of the posts first)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go folks: Interchanged Received Salem Illinois 2020 hrs 9/10

ETA Industry City/State Not Avail 9/15

Just where in the heck is Salem Illinois? SW of Chicago?
News Flash: Mayhem est DEP 9/11 0635 am

ETA Industry 9/13 0600

Current as of 7:15 am 9/11 2 days as I I see it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
153 Posts
News Flash: Mayhem est DEP 9/11 0635 am

ETA Industry 9/13 0600

Current as of 7:15 am 9/11 2 days as I I see it.:thumbs:

Woooooo Hooooooo....... I hear that train a-comin.....:cheers: :thumbs: :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats but Dont count your chickens before they hatch! Best of luck with meyhem! She is quite a train-full!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Can anyone post a link to a good map for tracking? I am computer challenged you know. Salem Illinois > Ft Worth/Dallas? Now it is showing Departing Kell, Illinois. 0737 am 9/11.
Good Morning Ernest, try the link I attached below. Have a good day brother and if you should feel your self getting down because it is a Monday, just look at our pictures from this weekend. Those are sure to cure the blues. :thumbs:

Just click get directions and type in the too and from.
http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q=

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
: Houston, TX

End address: Kell, IL 62853

Distance: 865 mi (about 16 hours 50 mins

Start address: Houston, TX

End address: Mount Vernon, IL 62864

Distance: 853 mi (about 16 hours 30 mins)

I still can't understand why they have to bring it all the up to Chicago then back down to Texas. This seems like a screwed up rail system we have.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are showing Interchange was made (xfer from CSX to Union Pacific in Salem, Illinois. She has passed thru Mt Vernon, Illinois. ETA to induttry is 9/13 0600 am. Starting to feel it a little bit now. But I am not setting myself up for a let down.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Hey Ernest, I live in central Illinois, out of the goodness of my heart since I'm such a nice guy I would like to volunteer my services to pickup your redline here in Illinois and drive it down to you :lol: :lol: I firmly believe it would not take me more than a month and maybe only three weeks:lol:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Sorry Ernest never heard of Hall Junction and mapquest says no such place. I'm just north of peoria off the illinois river if you can get me a location within a few hours drive and you think she wait I'll be more than glad to grab a camera and try to get a shot for you :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Ernest I also have to tell you she is probably getting rained on :confused:

And off topic but I drooled over every speedway photo and could almost feel my redline when you talked about taking 100mph laps, when mine arrives I'll have to make a run down from Illinois and join the fun :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts