Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:Mayhem is already up to living up to her name, she left Avon, IN went back to Lordstown, OH whre she departed this morning @ 00:30 am.
She is just moving back & forth instead of headin' south.:eek:

"MAYHEM you are being a very bad girl!!!!"":willy: :banghead:

·
Registered
444 Posts
:banghead:Mayhem is already up to living up to her name, she left Avon, IN went back to Lordstown, OH whre she departed this morning @ 00:30 am.

I must say Ernest.... she has an attitude!!!:mad:

You be careful with her...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I think she is being recalled back to plant, for some reason. This isn't the way I planned it.

ERNEST isn't very happy this morning.:banghead: :banghead: :mad: :brentil:

They did this when the 2006 Solstice came out. They would ship then call the cars back for QC checks. Even though they were half way to the Dealership. The lucky people are those going by truck only. They get delivered before they can put another QC Hold on it. This happened with mine. They tried putting a second hold on it but my Dealer had a hot ticket on it and when it was released the first time from hold they shipped it within an hour. Then when they tried to put another hold the same day they couldn't my Dealership had it all ready. ( 6 hour drive to CT ) I ended up having the deck seal put on at the dealership. Rather then sit in Willmington for another 2 weeks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Oh Ernest,
Now she's already teasing you. This is how it begins in a real relationship. Lead you on, then back off and make you want them even more!!:lol:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Ernest!!!

I guess you haven't trained her right!!!...she has to know the words "come here Mayhem and you'll get a treat!".....:)

Don't say those bad words QC issues.....that is a :nono: ...I don't want to be recalled!:banghead: Maybe I should get the heck outta here and enjoy...just incase!!.......

Seriously though...she'll be along shortly hang in there buddy:thumbs: I can't wait to hear you expert opnion of her!

·
Registered
150 Posts
The lucky people are those going by truck only. They get delivered before they can put another QC Hold on it.
Can you explain why it is "lucky" to skip a QC check? I'd rather they check it out at the factory instead of relying on the dealer to fix any problems. After waiting for months, is it really a big deal to wait another couple of weeks to ensure there is nothing wrong with it? Or am I not understanding what the QC checks do and are for?:confused:

·
Registered
802 Posts
:banghead:Mayhem is already up to living up to her name, she left Avon, IN went back to Lordstown, OH whre she departed this morning @ 00:30 am.She is just moving back & forth instead of headin' south.:eek: "MAYHEM you are being a very bad girl!!!!"":willy: :banghead:
You might say she is being "sidetracked" until she can behave herself. I'm sure she is spinning her wheels and screeching her tires. You are going to have your hands full for a while until you can whip her back into shape. Along that line maybe she is pissed off because you are calling her a "her", when he is a "he" (that would piss me off also)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Can you explain why it is "lucky" to skip a QC check? I'd rather they check it out at the factory instead of relying on the dealer to fix any problems. After waiting for months, is it really a big deal to wait another couple of weeks to ensure there is nothing wrong with it? Or am I not understanding what the QC checks do and are for?:confused:
Mine was a simple seal for the trunk. The solstice were on hold for 2/3 months and they just kept getting back loged. But mine was done at the dealership took 2 days. I call that luck. I wouldn't want to wait for 3 months with my car sitting in Willmington for 3 months when I could have it and have it fixed at the dealership. You'll know what I mean when the cars get all backloged and they have 1500/2000 cars to fix with only 1 team.

If I was talking 2 weeks that would be no problem but if the issues ( and there are issues even with the Red Line I just found out ) aren't found and fixed on the assemble line and they keep building them it will be months and months maybe even three to fix the ones that came off the line and need repairs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wouldn't want to wait for 3 months with my car sitting in Willmington for 3 months when I could have it and have it fixed at the dealership. You'll know what I mean when the cars get all backloged and they have 1500/2000 cars to fix with only 1 team.
Thanks, Deluke. That makes perfect sense. I guess it would be more of a concern if it was a really major deficiency but if it's a simple thing like a trunk seal that's easy for a dealer to resolve, you're right, I wouldn't want to have my car waiting in a long line back at the factory. Not to mention the time wasted in transit out and back again.

BTW, Good to see Mayhem is heading in the right direction again. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mayhem left Crestline OH 0430 hrs 09/09 and arrived back in Avon Indiana at 1215 hrs 09/09. She is headed the right direction again. Hasn't moved today yet.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones with my base Solstice too. It was one of the last ones to slip past before the lock down on the cars due to the leaking seals. I've also never had an issue with my seals leaking too.

If they do get called back for QC reasons, trust me, it's worth it to have it taken care of and not having to worry about it. As long as it doesn't take as long as the Solstice did the first time it should be bearable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts