Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Looks about as "blah" as the MGB did at the end of it's long run...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Its interesting, some people felt that the chrome windshield frame looked cheap and/or was done to keep costs down (less color matching of paint I guess) but as Mazda has shown... Imitation is the best form of flattery

·
Registered
304 Posts
:lol: They copied one of the things that has been complained about the most. That car is uuuugly. Even if the Sky or Sol never came along, I would still not want one of the those.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That shows Mazda doesn't have much styling sense. They copied probably the ugliest thing about our car. Hate that silver windshield!!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Tadpole needs more than a princess' kiss

The witch caught that pooooor car! Not even one of our Princesses of Sky can kiss it back into competition. "Bar of Soap"? Nice observation:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Windshield frame silver paint aside it is just not an attractive car at all. There are no details to pull the eyes or make you want to stop what you are doing and stare. I am sure they will be stuck with this body style a few years though as they have just changed to it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Best part?
The #1 thing people push in a SKY owners face -- The top... CAN NO LONGER BE PUT UP FROM INSIDE THE CAR. From a review I read you have to get out and set the top..... SO even that is gone... tsk tsk

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I think it is painted the same color as the car, and the silver you see is just from a lighting difference . look at the top portion of the frame it looks the same color as the car...I don't think they copied anything...
one thing i do notice is the ugly side marker light... looks like a real afterthought, something that you would buy at Advance Auto and put on your boat trailer.... and what is that deal with the cap over a hole in the bumper? what is that there for?

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
what Sky Man said, it's just the pic.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Best part?
The #1 thing people push in a SKY owners face -- The top... CAN NO LONGER BE PUT UP FROM INSIDE THE CAR. From a review I read you have to get out and set the top..... SO even that is gone... tsk tsk
what review is that, from the same people that said it took 10 minutes to put the Sky's roof up? LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
The windshield frame on the gray MX-5 is the same color as the car, the only MX-5 that comes with the chrome finish is Limited Edition version and it is not painted on, it is chrome molding attached to the frame. The cap in the front bumber is for the tie down hook for towing on a flat bed. The front marker does look cheap, on the MX5 which is shipped outside of North America the front marker is just forward of the doors on the fenders whick looks a lot better IMO. Also the Top can be raised and lowered without getting out of the car. By the way I own a MX5, but the girlfriend just ordered a Sky, so I am trying to find all the information on the car I can before she gets it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ART said:
The cap in the front bumber is for the tie down hook for towing on a flat bed. .
ok I had seen them like that on other cars, always thought it looked bad, like they forgot something so they just put a cap to cover it up...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
ok I had seen them like that on other cars, always thought it looked bad, like they forgot something so they just put a cap to cover it up...
Yep...lots of cars have it. My VW Beetle has that cap on the front bumper for flat-bed towing too. I have to agree, it does look kind of 'out of place'...not only on my Beetle, but on every car that I've seen them on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
jdigiant said:
Looks about as "blah" as the MGB did at the end of it's long run...
I guess i'm as enthusiastic about the SKY as anyone else. In fact I am about as loyal a SATURN fan and owner/driver as humanly possible. I am a SATURN FANATIC.:thumbs:

But when you knock MG, you best duck and cover. You are knocking my first true car love. Speak kindly of MG automobiles and the MG car company, ltd. or speak not at all.:brentil: I am normally a quiet and gentle senior citizen, untill someone badmouths MG, then I become PETER LOREY on steroids.:mad: :nono:

Were it not for MGs making the small, two seater roadster so popular in this country, GM may never have built the SOLSTICE and the SKY. All because some American MG enthusiast never would have talked Mazda into building a replacement for a car that never saw these shores.

So the next time y'all feel like knocking MGs or Miatas for that matter, think of both brands, especially MG, as being the proud ancestors of our much loved SKY.

·
Registered
65 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
That looks pretty sharp:thumbs:

It only adds 75 pounds to the car too.

I'd expect that within the next 9 months you'll see that car with the MZR 2.3 liter engine out of the Mazdaspeed 6 dropped in a new Mazdaspeed Miata.

That motor is all aluminum, makes 274 hp with 280 pouunds of torque @ 15.6 psi, and a 9.5:1 compression ratio, so can be easily boosted further. Weight is similar to the existing all aluminum 2 liter, so you'll be looking at a car with a power to weight ratio of 9.3 lbs/ hp (2550 pounds-274 hp) which will put it in the sub 5 second 0-60 range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts