Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saturday i took out one of the mazdaspeed miatas for a test drive. holy crap, those have some kick to em! its been a long time since ive laid that much rubber on the road. im hoping the sky can perform as well. i know the sky is wider by about 5 or 6 inches, so i would assume heavier. but the engines have about the same power. but if the redline sky kicks it up to 205 or 240 (depending on the engine) this should be an even better car! woohoo!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Yeah, RODEO over at the SOlstice forums got a MSM recently, and he loves his.

The new Miata NC is supposed to have a 2.0L engine that produces 160 PS (157.8 HP) and weigh right below 2500 lbs. This gives it a ratio of 15.84 lbs/ HP. For the Solstice to match the NC it would have to have 180.5 HP. Which is very close to the newly announced 177 HP value. If the Sky ends up with the 172 HP value and the lower Torque we've seen listed in areas it'll be a bit slower. But it'll have a good 30+ ft-lbs more though, as will the Solstice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me personally, I hope the Sky and Solstice will match the Miata in terms of pure driving pleasure that the Miata is so well known for.

Acceleration between a Solstice and Miata is less important to me than the overall handling/chassis dynamics. I hope the GM engineers get it right with these cars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm hoping it'll be easy to swing the back end out a bit in the Sol/Sky when the urge strikes. But given their fat rear rubber and the wide width of the car itself I'm beginning to wonder if this will be possible. Any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts