Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After five months in the waiting room, I have become afflicted with a case of pre-delivery Silly Grin Syndrome (SGS). My beautiful Black Onyx SKY (a.k.a. "Shadow") is waiting for me at the dealer.

Unfortunately, I have to control myself for one more day at work...I just can't get away to pick-up my baby until Saturday morning.

My biggest fear is that the SGS won't go away after Saturday...in fact, I think it will only get worse.

Pics of my baby and her big brother the VUE will be posted on Saturday, if I can stop driving long enough to take the photos!

Duane

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulations!!

I is a well known fact that the SGS will only get worse!:D Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats and it will get worse but you will love every minute of it:D :jester:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey! I thought I thought of the name Shadow first!!:) Oh well, I suppose since your's is two days older you get to keep the name. Hmm, I guess I need a new name for my baby...(who has been shipped and should be held for me to pick up when I get back from out of town on 9/27)...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
After five months in the waiting room, I have become afflicted with a case of pre-delivery Silly Grin Syndrome (SGS). My beautiful Black Onyx SKY (a.k.a. "Shadow") is waiting for me at the dealer.

Unfortunately, I have to control myself for one more day at work...I just can't get away to pick-up my baby until Saturday morning.

My biggest fear is that the SGS won't go away after Saturday...in fact, I think it will only get worse.

Pics of my baby and her big brother the VUE will be posted on Saturday, if I can stop driving long enough to take the photos!

Duane
My Sky is two months old yesterday and last night, I was driving home with a nip in the air, topless, my favorite tunes blaring across the night breeze, the dotted yellow line of the highway blinking away beneath my wheels, and when I grudgingly parked the Sku...and left both it and the sky overhead outside, threw my keys on the credenza by the door and returned to reality.....my face was sore as hell from smiling... all of work's stresses and problems...went under my wheels, out of site from even the rear view just like the yellow line...Sigh. No, the love doesn't end. I am only concerned that I cannot seem to park this car and keep from racking up the miles on her. My sedan is so jealous she cannot stand it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyVue1 and Stacib

There is an unwritten rule that as long as two SHADOWS are more than 1000 miles apart than one SHADOW cannot overlap the other. So the way I see it both Skys can be called SHADOW as long as yall don't meet up anywhere. Now that brings up rule 23 in the Skip's big book of IFS ,if both Shadows show at a national meeting yall shall differentiate as Shadow of Illinois or Shadow of California. At least that's what it says on rule 23 of the SKIP'S BIG BOOK OF IFS...Skip....:) :) Yes the book is right above my computer shelf....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Who really wants to see me anyway?

Here are the first pictures of Shadow. Who really wants to see me anyway?

My observations from the first four hours of ownership:
* Love the "ghost in the mirror" - saw it as soon as I pulled out of the showroom
* She's sexy, powerful, very photogenic, and topless...what more could a guy want?
* She really loves to eat bugs...can't imagine what roadkill would be like
* Monsoon stereo system is AWESOME!
* Clarity of in-car phone is good, but I haven't tried it at highway speeds yet
* Visibility is pretty good. Some stoplights are hard to see without scrunching down a bit, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice.
* Stereo information screen is impossible to read in the sunlight
* Cloth seats are very comfortable, and don't get hot at all...just wish they had a little more lower back support (I miss the lumbar lever in my old SL2)

Going to settle in now to watch a football game and read my manual...then it's back to driving! As you can see by the pictures, Shadow has already been to a park and to the lake to see the ducks. Who knows what's next?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
beautiful man. I'm glad i went with the Black Onyx and chrome. But it's a shame they ruined your bumper with that darn plate holder. I have to remind myself to tell the dealer to NOT place any front plate holder, or dealer emblems on my car, heh heh.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beautiful man. I'm glad i went with the Black Onyx and chrome. But it's a shame they ruined your bumper with that darn plate holder. I have to remind myself to tell the dealer to NOT place any front plate holder, or dealer emblems on my car, heh heh.
Bracket is attached to the UNDERSIDE of the bumper, and will soon be removed without any screw holes showing. I asked them to leave the bracket in the trunk, but had already performed PDI and installed it by the time I got to them.

It worked to collect bugs on the way home...tonight it will get de-bugged and put away for safe keeping.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:) :driving: Happy Trails

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey! I thought I thought of the name Shadow first!!:) Oh well, I suppose since your's is two days older you get to keep the name. Hmm, I guess I need a new name for my baby...(who has been shipped and should be held for me to pick up when I get back from out of town on 9/27)...
Staci -

I hope your "Shadow" is every bit as pretty as mine!!! You'll love it!!! :willy:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mandy toold me you picked her up. Shoot me a PM, we can get them together for a photo shoot!

Congrats, and remember, BLACK is the fastest color!

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
CONGRATS!!!:cheers: :cheers: VERY SHARP COLOR...LOVE IT!!:D
Enjoy your many to come smiles "miles"!!:D :D :driving:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More first day observations

• Plastic v-grooves in trunk drainage space instead of "cubes", although there are still cubes attached to one side of plastic V's to hold the pocket open wider
  • Same padding glued to underside of trunk deck that presses down on top to hold it in when trunk is closed. Both of mine seem to be a little off-center, but there's no stickiness around them...will have to just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't fall off and mark-up the cloth top.
  • Instrument cluster (between speedo and tach) is the perfect place to store sunglasses.
  • Radio controls are very easy to learn
  • Is there a purpose for the pockets on the floor next to the sill plates? They can hold skinny items, but not very tall or they'd be kicked out of the car all the time!
  • Microfiber towels are a MUST when you drive a black vehicle as pretty as this one!
Gotta go for now...Shadow is "begging" me to take her out for a midnight ride under the stars!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Staci -

I hope your "Shadow" is every bit as pretty as mine!!! You'll love it!!! :willy:
I'm glad to see you are loving it!!! The car looks fabulous and I'm so eager to get mine in about 10 days! And say "hi" to Shadow for me!! (P.S. I agree on the microfiber towel, it was one of my first purchases after the DLO Transpod and stubby antenna to be ready to pick up my baby).:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shadow and her big brother Bubba both got a chance to head to the park early this morning for a photo op.

Bubba thinks he's a pick-up truck...he spends a lot of time with his back seats folded down hauling stuff from the home improvement stores, but he can clean up and look respectable when necessary.

Bubba is pretty spoiled, though. He's had the garage to himself for almost 5 years, and now he has to share with a GIRL! :eek:

I thought the time in the park to get acquainted might do them some good. Bubba is still pretty jealous...I might enter the garage some morning to find that he's turned himself GREEN with envy!

Here are pictures of the two of them together (along with the duck that seemed to pay more attention to Bubba than Shadow...I think that helped him realize that it won't be so bad having a little sister around).

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
.....Here are pictures of the two of them together (along with the duck that seemed to pay more attention to Bubba than Shadow...I think that helped him realize that it won't be so bad having a little sister around).
The duck just can't believe there are drivers spoiling the optics of their rims by clipping balance weights outside on the rim horn instead of using gluing weights inside :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats!...what a beautiful Sky, and thanks for the pics.:thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts