Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have very fond memories of the first Mecca tour as well, that was my first ever kappa run!

Man I look good in my car if I don't say so myself:

(I'm not sure I gave Ahnuld express written permission to use or post this photo previously. Consider it given at this point)

great album ahnuld. I gotta post my pics up as a photo album as well.

Maybe we could have a find your key partner swap. Didn't some people find that the ignition key from 1 car can sometimes work on the glove box of a different one. It may be fun to see who to call if we ever lock ourselves out.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I know that Diane is my key partner. I locked my keys in the trunk at PaceCar's ALS event and was in the middle of a meltdown when she walked over and nonchalantly put her key in the glovebox. Whooosh, my troubles were over.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I know that Diane is my key partner. I locked my keys in the trunk at PaceCar's ALS event and was in the middle of a meltdown when she walked over and nonchalantly put her key in the glovebox. Whooosh, my troubles were over.

anyone catch the short scene in Jim Carey's "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" where the keys are in a fishbowl at the Christmas party, and someone is fishing one out? I would think 99% of the audience missed that joke.

I only knew of it (the entire concept.. I am so naive) 'cause I read it in a movie review. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Me and MRS SKY are coming

Just Booked Hotel... Fairfield Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall

Arrive Thursday :thumbs:
I was not happy with this hotel at all last year. I'll be staying someplace else.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You can add me to the Iron Hill list as well. I missed it last year and was disappointed I didn't go.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Newest logo from Solli what do you all think?

Thanks Solli!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
New logo looks great...

But I think the slogan should be changed.
should be..

"Mecca II: Electric Boogaloo"
:lol:

(its a pop-culture reference... wiki-pedia it if ya dont get it!)

·
Registered
487 Posts

Thanks Solli!
The logo looks real good I have a few critiques that may make it show up better on a T-Shirt. Make the black circle surrounding it a bit wider so there is a bit of black around all the letters (Mecca reunion tour II) That will make them easier to read. Also move the date below the logo since it may not come out well with a few different colors surrounding the lettering. Or reorganize the willimgton and date text so it is entirely in the light blue section, again for better readability on shirts and such. Otherwise I love it, especially the yellow cars!!!

(Same post on teh Sol side as well)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
But I think the slogan should be changed.
should be.. "Mecca II: Electric Boogaloo" :lol:

(its a pop-culture reference... wiki-pedia it if ya dont get it!)
Hum................ NO! ... :lol:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

Thanks Solli!
I think the design looks GREAT!!! solli has WAY more talent then I ever will.

With that in mind, please forgive this bit of commentary, as I can be a bit anal sometimes (I know, you're all shocked, but it is true! :lol:)

The two cars are at different angles. If it were possible to get a shot of a Mean GXP at an angle that better matches the angle of the Sky, it would look better. Now with the number of yellow cars we had at lunch on Sunday, I'm sure we can get someone to snap a few shots of their GXP at different angles to try and get a better match, if solli thinks it is worth the effort. I know it is hard to do when you don't have the two cars themselves side by side.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think the design looks GREAT!!! solli has WAY more talent then I ever will.

With that in mind, please forgive this bit of commentary, as I can be a bit anal sometimes (I know, you're all shocked, but it is true! :lol:)

The two cars are at different angles. If it were possible to get a shot of a Mean GXP at an angle that better matches the angle of the Sky, it would look better. Now with the number of yellow cars we had at lunch on Sunday, I'm sure we can get someone to snap a few shots of their GXP at different angles to try and get a better match, if solli thinks it is worth the effort. I know it is hard to do when you don't have the two cars themselves side by side.
Diane, I'd love to have some high res pics of both cars @ the same angle. But until it happens, how's this? Also, do we like the deeper red or the tomato red for the font?

21 - 40 of 627 Posts