Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is folk the thread to tell all the great people at GM and the UAW just how much we appreciate what they did for us on Friday. The weather might not have been the best but the tour sure was! Don't forget to tell them how much you loved the events like the TLC tent, the SWE, the woman's lounge with the extra pampering that the ladies got, the gift bag, the quality showcase oh and let's not forget the tour it self as well. Ramble on all you want heck even gush if you must!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Thank You GM

I posted this in another thread, but if this is the offical one.. so here it goes.... THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU...what more can I say, then THANK YOU, I never had so much fun in a long time, yes the weather was not good, but the time inside the plant was awsome. As i stated in another post, i was one of the two winners of the "private tour" that no one else got to go on, well not that i know of, but anyway, the two employees who showed me around answered all my questions and concerns about the car....All of your employees were courteous and willing to answer any questions that i had.....the guys on the "line" were very nice as well....Again, as stated in an earlier post, they Thanked me for purchasing the car, I said no reason to Thank me, Thank You for making an AWSOME CAR...Not many people can do something like this and I want to Thank GM and The UAW for making this day possible...You have a customer for LIFE..looking at the 09RL, really nice color....the Candy Apple Red...THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU....SteveSky67

·
Registered
151 Posts
WOW !!!! Is all we can say
MIKE A MILLION THANKS .... MAKE THAT 2 MILLION
TRULY WORTH THE TIME AND TRIP
ONE CAN NOT THANK GM, THEIR EMPLOYEES, AND THE UAW ENOUGH !!!!
]Here it is folk the thread to tell all the great people at GM and the UAW just how much we appreciate what they did for us on Friday. The weather might not have been the best but the tour sure was! Don't forget to tell them how much you loved the events like the TLC tent, the SWE, the woman's lounge with the extra pampering that the ladies got, the gift bag, the quality showcase oh and let's not forget the tour it self as well. Ramble on all you want heck even gush if you must![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks GM, UAW, and most of all Mike for putting this spectacular event on!:thumbs: We had a fantastic time at the plant, dinner, and today at DoverAFB. Great to meet the men and women on the line, the people who made the dream our reality! Thanks to all for pursuing this concept, what an unbelievable ride! FANTASTIC!

sue'ssky

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
...ok here it goes, G.M. Plant employees " you rock!!...Everyone at the Plant were very informative, and approachable!! Had great time, enjoyed the pampering as well,.....great job Mike! ......:thumbs:

Mary

·
Registered
319 Posts
:thumbs:To GM, the UAW, and all you Professionals that work the line, Thank you for a great day at the Boxwood Plant. The men and women at this plant are awesome, you made me and my wife feel very welcome at the Mecca Tour. We were picked for the Quality Showcase, WoW that was exciting. The three employes that showed us around were very knowledgeable of there jobs and answered all our questions. GM you are definitely creating excitement in these new cars.
TO the Boxwood plant manager, Thank you, for making these great American automobiles, and you should be proud of all the professionals at your plant. :patriot::patriot:
Mike and Helen

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Thank You All...

GM, UAW, and Ladies and Gentlemen of the Boxwood Assembly Plant I would like to thank you for a wonderful and very informative time at the MECCA II event. This was a wonderful experience and it was great to see just how our obsessions are assembled. These are not just cars to use, they are our babies and we are obsessed with them as most of you could tell. You all do build great high quality cars and should be proud of the wonderful job you do. Everyone at the plant was very interested in us and what we had to say about their product. You all were very knowledgeable about the kappa platform and interested in answering our questions and getting feedback from us on these wonderful vehicles we love so much. Thank you all for giving us a chance to see what you all do day in and day out and experience it for ourselves. With these cars you have put Excitement back in the GM lineup. Keep up the good work and KEEP THEM KAPPA’S COMING!!!:dthumbs:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yesterday was a wonderful life time event. It was truly amazing to see what goes into making a Kappa Roadster. My fiancée and I loved the tour. We felt like members of the press. The GM staff were a great bunch of folks to be around. I mean they really went out of there way to make you feel at home. I’m already hoping that there will be a tour next year. Thanks GM, UAW and Mike for giving us such a great experience!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Oh

I extend my thanks To GM, UAW and all employees to the Boxwood plant, they made my second visit as great as the first. It was fun doing the SWE event and gave us a taste of LEAN manufacturing concepts. There were plenty of things to do and I did not find myself idle. You guys had everything covered from the events, food, raffles for charity, display cars, service techs, ect. The thing I most remember is the enthusiam and smiles from the dedicated employees as we thanked and shook hands with them. You could see how proud they are as they have and continue to produce a head turning, eye catching, performance minded, fun driving Kappa Line. You always wonder how long a life span a car line can go. After attending this tour, and seeing the new styles, colors and enhancements. Skys and Soltices will be around for a while. I am still drooling over that Merlot colored Sky. You think heads turn now, wait till this hits the road. (I am already envious of those future owners, but I am happy with my Bluestone, which will no doubt be a collectors item) Anyway GM, UAW keep up the good work and thanks again for having us. And Mike thanks again for adding to our experience of being a Sky owner. These are memories we'll all cherrish :thumbs:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hats off to Mike, GM and UAW for putting together this memorable experience!!!:thumbs:

Thanks for the opportunity to see our cars being built ....and meet the people who's hard work on the line...has put excitement on the road!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Thank You

In the course of events in life there comes a time when people bend backwards to make something happen. Even though I could not participate , I want to say thank you to the GM family for hosting for two years in a row the tour of the birth place of my Sky. Every year the GM family goes out of its way to showcase the Wilmington Plant. The fine AMERICAN spirit that is the back bone of the plant is outpouring to the peoples that have bought the Car. They did not have to do this but through the persistance of Mike and others the Plant did right. I am very proud to drive this Sky of mine for every time I do I think of the many peoples who have assembled this auto for me to haul ass down the road and wait for the rest of me to catch up....Thank you Wilmington peoples and GM for the tour....Skip...an ol redneck in the heart of Dixie and Sky owner....:):)and my girls , I love them so, :cryin:sniff, sniff...loves yall too...

Attachments

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Thank you so Much...there r so many people responsibility for making us SMILE. The Plant Manager and his supervisory staff, GM staff from Detroit, UAW...and the men & women who work assiduously on the assembly line putting our cars together.

Having the TLC tent was certainly a great idea Many thanks to the men who toiled fixing our cars to our satisfaction. They performed amazingly. If I omitted someone, my apologies.

Lastly, this event could not have happened either last year or this year without JUSTMIKE....he is truly ONE HELL OF A GUY.

One last comment. Thank you GM & Saturn for listening to US. MERLOT is truly WICKED. What a color!

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Thank You GM, UAW, and Just Mike for a very memorable day. Thanks to all the techs that helped us fix our car issues, Thanks for the awesome gift bags.
And most of all, thank you to all the WORKERS, that really HAND BUILD MOST of this car. I was really surprised to see how much of this car was actually hand assembled .... very cool. :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, Mike, for pulling this monster together for us all to enjoy. Every event was memorable and the presentations were information packed.

I couldn't help feel the excitement of all the SKY/SOL owners there. We are truly excited about this car.

I especially enjoyed greeting, waving to and thanking all the folks on the production line who put that beauty together. A magic moment. I just kept giving the thumbs up sign and saying "beautiful".

And then one of the guys from the welding section approached our tour group, sparks flying behind him and the sound of zaps in the air. He flipped up his face shield, gave us a big smile and said "thank you". Still sends shivers up my spine. It's great to drive a car that has soul.

GM/Saturn/SKY, you guys just rewrote the Six Sigma book on customer DELIGHT.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
OKAY THANK YOU JUST DOES NOT COVER IT!!!!!!!!! I have got to admit this was amazing!!! I have thought this is a nice car and the forum pretty cool way of meeting others with this interest but that was about it until this weekend! I got bit by this bug you all share, I fell in love with a car, how insane is that? Not at all insane, as these are not just cars and owners it is so much more than that!! I can not put a finger on it as to what and how but it is and you have to feel it. I want to whole heartedly thank GM, UAW and all those both in the forums and at the plant that made all of this possible. I have met people who were just amazing and wonderful and was included in one of the most amazing moments I can remember. I got pampered, and got goodies, as well as seeing the way these cars are built. The process the people, makes these cars amazing. You know how your mom can make that favorite dish and no one else can even fallowing her recipe to a T, she tells you it's the love she puts in it. The same for these cars. THANK YOU ALL FOR "THE EXPERIENCE!!!!"
JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE MERLOT

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
273 Posts
Thanks for all they did for us and all they do in the building of the cars etc. It was a great time can't wait till next year... Stretch.

·
Registered
487 Posts
First and foremost thanks Just Mike for taking the reigns and providing such a great event for all of us to share. Thanks to the boxwood plant, GM management and the plant workers for letting us into their world and sharing the day with them. Thanks to the UAW for keeping the robots in storage and letting the humans do the welding on our cars. Nothing better than Hand Built in the USA!!

A very special thanks to Benny and the rest of the TLC tent guys. They all went over and above the call of duty to fix and address all our problems. I just wanted my trunk aligned and managed to leave there with 3 other things fixed that they noticed while I was there. It was so nice to have everyone there welcome us and make us feel at "home"

THANK YOU!! and see ya at Mecca 3 . . . because sometimes 2 isn't enough.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Dear Mr. Lutz

Thank you for having the vision of this platform; and thank you for allowing the wonderful Wilmington plant employees and KAPPA Platform employees to show us that they have just as much passion and pride as we the owners do.

To the Wilmington employees; thank you for the warmth and hospitality you showed us.

To Mike & Benny, Thank you for getting this together and puttin' up with all of the whinners during the planning process.

And to my fellow owners thanks for the memories...
Ken

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
GM You’re the Best.!!!!!!!

I can’t thank you enough. What a great experience. Everyone was so kind. I have so many great memories.
The TLC tent pampered my (baby) SKY like it was their very own. You were so detailed on perfections when fixing my miner issues. I was impressed. Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you for letting me clean and wax my SKY in the tent while you fixed her. :D
The tour of the plant was so cool. Seeing how my (love of my life) SKY was built was fascinating. I was very impressed with the pride and the perfection GM has for this roadster. I thank you for making her so perfect. It’s so exciting to see the enthusiasm you also have for my SKY. Our passion for our cars are also yours. :thumbs:
I am looking forward to Mecca 3. I will be there next year too. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Hugs to everyone there. T. :)

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Thank you GM, UAW, and all the great people who brought this together. Ya'll put the soul in the Solstice and hi in the SKY. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts