Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
There is always body paint or the tanning beds... LOL..... This shall be an interesting Mecca! SkyBaby
now you know now jayman is going to get a hold of this a post that picture of that woman on the beach.... :rolleyes: :lol:

I spoke to" Nice Girl In The Sky" today and she is looking forward to coming :woo: I just hope she stand my singing in the car :lol:47 days :woo:

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
I have a question or two. I understand that traffic in Washington is the worse in the country, even worse than Toronto. I will be driving from the lab, so say Asheville NC. Am I better to go up I95 and around the big cities which still means a ton of traffic or would I be better off cutting across I40 and make my way over to Virginia Beach, cross over the big bridge and come up to Wilmington through Maryland? I know one will be longer but you all are in these areas, I have never been that far east in the USA.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have a question or two. I understand that traffic in Washington is the worse in the country, even worse than Toronto. I will be driving from the lab, so say Asheville NC. Am I better to go up I95 and around the big cities which still means a ton of traffic or would I be better off cutting across I40 and make my way over to Virginia Beach, cross over the big bridge and come up to Wilmington through Maryland? I know one will be longer but you all are in these areas, I have never been that far east in the USA.
Hey Kimberly,

When I went to Mecca I, I drove all the way up I-95 and let me tell you, the traffic at Wash. DC / Virginia / Maryland was UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Took me almost 3 hours to get thrugh...

If there is a way around this I would like to know also!!!

BA...

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
SkySpy, you going to the South Carolina Regional Meet next month?

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Whoever is driving North on I-95...do not hit rush hours in Va., DC, or Md...any other time, it is straight driving.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
now you know now jayman is going to get a hold of this a post that picture of that woman on the beach.... :rolleyes: :lol:

I spoke to" Nice Girl In The Sky" today and she is looking forward to coming :woo: I just hope she stand my singing in the car :lol:47 days :woo:
Thats probably why no one wants to ever go with me... I sing while driving.... LOL.. jk.. Brian dont mind... LOL.... anyway... We will be there the night before.. So I hope by the time we go through that DC area.. the traffic wont be so bad. SkyBaby

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Thats probably why no one wants to ever go with me... I sing while driving.... LOL.. jk.. Brian don't mind... LOL.... anyway... We will be there the night before.. So I hope by the time we go through that DC area.. the traffic wont be so bad. SkyBaby

Yeah, well watch out when "Roxanne" by the Police comes on the radio......Roxanne, you don't have to put on a red light....Joann is coming from North Jersey right after work on Thursday and then we will be heading out..should be down there by 7ish or so.....she works for Gary's Wine and Liquor a local Liquor store chain, she got me a set of Soprano's wine for Christmas:cheers: and I don't drink wine, but I do like the "Soprano's" bottle!:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Hey Kim and Sky Spy we could always get up a Carolina/Virginia and who ever else group and run up together... Last year I went up 95 then jumped off on 301 and went up through Dahlgren Va. to Bowie Md. and went over the Bay to the Eastern Shore and headed up... That direction really wasn't a bad drive. There was not a lot of traffic and that was at rush hour, though it was a little longer drive... This way actually bypasses DC and Baltimore. The Bay Bridge tunnel isn't a bad drive either and very little traffic after you get across the Bridge tunnel

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Stuart,

My scoring tech lives in Maryland, he said that the best way to go even if it is a bit longer is to make my way to Virginia Beach, cross over the big bridge and follow hwy 13 I think, he said it takes you along the coast and it is a no traffic all the way up to Wilmington.

What do you think about that?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
SkySpy, you going to the South Carolina Regional Meet next month?
Nope... I can't get that time off...

I'm going to the Track Day though!!!

BA...

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Nope... I can't get that time off...

I'm going to the Track Day though!!!

BA...
OK, I know I am going to participate in the track thing while I am down there...not sure if it is the same thing...:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Stuart,

My scoring tech lives in Maryland, he said that the best way to go even if it is a bit longer is to make my way to Virginia Beach, cross over the big bridge and follow hwy 13 I think, he said it takes you along the coast and it is a no traffic all the way up to Wilmington.

What do you think about that?
To me that's the best way to go... But you really have to be carefull with the speed going that way. I am actually right on the way going that direction.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
JM, for those of us that have never been to MECCA, I was wondering if you have any idea of what kind of events we can expect. I would ask all prior year participants to post what experiences they had when they were there last time, but I expect it will be a little different and scaled back this year.

For people taking time off work and/or getting doggie sitters, can we expect an all day event/run on Saturday or how long will Saturday's run take?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
JM, for those of us that have never been to MECCA, I was wondering if you have any idea of what kind of events we can expect. I would ask all prior year participants to post what experiences they had when they were there last time, but I expect it will be a little different and scaled back this year.

For people taking time off work and/or getting doggie sitters, can we expect an all day event/run on Saturday or how long will Saturday's run take?
SHINY since you asked so nice, on Thursday we will probably have a dinner somewhere in North East MD. There are some really nice places along the top of the bay. On Friday we will have a dinner after the tour at Joe's Crab Shack and "The King" is already working on that. For Saturday we will probably do a day trip maybe the AFB Museum in Dover or down to Ocean City as there is a hot rod weekend going on.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Thank you HMF that is extremely helpful for my scheduling! I'm sure others will appreciate the feedback also.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Is there anything going on Sunday or is Saturday the last day?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
To me that's the best way to go... But you really have to be carefull with the speed going that way. I am actually right on the way going that direction.
You guys talking about 301 and the 301 bridge over the potomac? (It's also the bay bridge...)

U.S. Route 301 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd highly advise this over the DC beltway. You never know what's going on there, and I've been in dead-stop traffic when it's been nowhere near rush hour. Might be faster if everything works out, but it's a total crap shoot.

Me, I'll take my normal route to Annapolis, then pick up 301 there.

21 - 40 of 400 Posts