Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say thanks for all those who came out. It was nice to meet the faces behind the forum names. We lucked out and the rain didn't really start to fall until the ride home. :thumbs: Hopefully the next meet we'll have some sun shining on us.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all those who came out. It was nice to meet the faces behind the forum names. We lucked out and the rain didn't really start to fall until the ride home. :thumbs: Hopefully the next meet we'll have some sun shining on us.
I agree - we got lucky with the rain!

Great people, I really enjoyed meeting eveyone! I look forward to meeting again and driving in fair weather.

Lots'o pics! We also made it to the factory with 4 SKY's before the rain hit - and took lots'o photos... I'm taking them off of the camera now...

:D

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great pix, wish I didn't live so far away!!

Pitcom, I noticed your R/L did not have the chrome trim on the sides, or was it just the angle? Red R/L that my dealer sold hade chrome trim.:confused:
It was the angle bud, its a silver pearl insert that's there. I wish it was chrome instead silver pearl.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
It was the angle bud, its a silver pearl insert that's there. I wish it was chrome instead silver pearl.
Funny he noticed that... we spent a few mins discussing the inserts.

The yellow does not have the silver insert, it is yellow. I wonder if yellow is the only one like this? Maybe that helps explain the $400 bump in price?

It was great to meet folks from the forum!! Would have been better if I had my car.. :) Actually, with a build date of Nov 2, I am certain my car was there..... just somewhere on the other side of that fence!

hmmm maybe I have a pic of it as it sat in the holding lots, and I dont even know it?!!?

I will be uploading pics in a few.

And yeah, it was a short meet. Never really saw real rain, just mist... but it just wasnt weather to be hanging outside in for an extended time. Then when we moved to the plant it is so open there, and the wind whipping up... it was COLD!! When I got home (about 40 miles away) it seemed like the temperature went up 25 degrees. Going for a cruise was never really part of the plan, but the roads were just at the dangerous wet and slippery point that I dont think people were in for it.

PLUS.... EAGLES and REDSKINS are on at 1pm. :lol:

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny he noticed that... we spent a few mins discussing the inserts.

The yellow does not have the silver insert, it is yellow. I wonder if yellow is the only one like this? Maybe that helps explain the $400 bump in price?

It was great to meet folks from the forum!! Would have been better if I had my car.. :) Actually, with a build date of Nov 2, I am certain my car was there..... just somewhere on the other side of that fence!

hmmm maybe I have a pic of it as it sat in the holding lots, and I dont even know it?!!?

I will be uploading pics in a few.

And yeah, it was a short meet. Never really saw real rain, just mist... but it just wasnt weather to be hanging outside in for an extended time. Then when we moved to the plant it is so open there, and the wind whipping up... it was COLD!! When I got home (about 40 miles away) it seemed like the temperature went up 25 degrees. Going for a cruise was never really part of the plan, but the roads were just at the dangerous wet and slippery point that I dont think people were in for it.

PLUS.... EAGLES and REDSKINS are on at 1pm. :lol:
And the birds are finally winning a game again. Only redlines have the silver insert for the fake side vents. Next time we'll have to go on the great course i have plotted from centerville thru beaver valley. It's a fun ride and its a decent length.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
And the birds are finally winning a game again. Only redlines have the silver insert for the fake side vents. Next time we'll have to go on the great course i have plotted from centerville thru beaver valley. It's a fun ride and its a decent length.

aaah... thanks for clearing up my mis-information regarding the inserts. See what happens when I assume?? :lol:

I'd love to try out that road, and other cruise opps.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
But the R/L I saw here had CHROME not Silverpearl!!! It really blinged at you to!!!! Silerpearl is the only R/L w/o inserts!!!

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But the R/L I saw here had CHROME not Silverpearl!!! It really blinged at you to!!!! Silerpearl is the only R/L w/o inserts!!!
Seriously? That's exactly what i was saying today that i was dissappointed they weren't chrome. You're gonna have to get a pic for me bud! Blue sky's was silver pearl too.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Nice pictures guys!

I'll be there for the next meet, as long as I can get off work for it.

Sundays are usually easy off days

Plus I can't call my dealers since NJ dealerships are closed sundays by law :ack:

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
It's like meeting lost family members...distant cousins/kissing cousins, maybe. So...shall we continue this thread for the next meeting or start anew. Cousin Mikey was not there and missed all the fun.

I am raising the flag to see if New Hope/Atlantic City/Philadelphia or any other destination is amenable to us. My preference is New Hope but have car, will travel.

By the way, I heard they r going to make a movie...Have Gun..Will Travel. KWAYNE will definitely love it, obviously. To me that was the best western series...of course Steve McQueen in Bounty Hunter was up there also. This is for all us old people who were around during black and white TV. :lol:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
wall to wall KAPPA"S

for all those waiting - enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice to meet ya!!

ALL
Tiff and I look forward to meeting again. We had a great time meeting everyone. Next time we will have better weather.

Blue

Factory Shot
lots o cars.jpg

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice to meet ya!!

ALL
Tiff and I look forward to meeting again. We had a great time meeting everyone. Next time we will have better weather.

Blue

Factory Shot
lots o cars.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
More Pics!!

I've uploaded pics to shutterfly - I'm going to keep all of my pics in a collection named "Sky Pics" with one album for each ride/meet.

http://spag.shutterfly.com/action/?a=0AZuWzlo1cs2Lmw

It was awsome meeting everyone, look forward to meeting you again soon (and meeting more people when they can make it)!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
My pics from the day...

http://picasaweb.google.com/MarkSkyRL/SkyPicsFirstMeetAtMikes20061112

I'm trying out Picasaweb... I love the Picasa editing tool, and the web site uploading is integrated into Picasa. Was overcast/rainy, so I brightened and sharpened the pics just a touch. Maybe a lil' too sharp, but oh well.

Considering the limited number of RLs out in the country, its kinda cool that we were able to get 3 together so early in the build year, and mine is coming soon!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It was good to meet everyone on Sunday at Mike's. I only wish the weather had been a little more cooperative and more SKY owners would have been able to make it.

The good news is that my SKY had zero leaking issues. It was worth the test.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts