Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Existing members list is no longer available also! Was looking for Wind Restrictors link and now have to search through all the threads for one. Kinda stinks:banghead:
Iffen you go to the forums page and scroll down well by golly there is windrestrictor in the vendors threads..Skip....:):D:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ya, I just paid my $24.97 for 1 year on January 24th.

Had I know it was going to be $40 for lifetime I'd just paid that!

Can I pay the difference and make mine a lifetime? :eek:
The same thing happened to me, got a notice that I needed to renew and then on the 26th it was done automatically for $24.97. Ouch!:confused:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Iffen you go to the forums page and scroll down well by golly there is windrestrictor in the vendors threads..Skip....:):D:)
by Golly I found it. Thanks Skipper!

I kinda sorta knew where to go!

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.GivemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypalGivemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal..Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.Givemetheoptiontopayforamembershipwithsomethingotherthanpaypal.
:agree::agree::agree: Please!!!
if you click on the paypal link - you are given the option to use your credit card.

You don't need a paypal account...

:thumbs:
Spag IS correct, even without a paypal account, they give you the option to use a CC, Visa, MC or Discover credit card, I know, I just did it with my visa account.. I think perhaps they need to clarify that paypal is only the through point or collection point for the owners and YOU do not need a paypal account.. I just went ahead and pulled the trigger for 40.. I donno if I'll hang around my entire life, but as long as I have a sky, what the hell, I recon I recon, I'll be buzzin around this place for a bit, might as well help with the bandwidth costs.., besides I HATE ADS!!! :cool:..:cheers:.. WOW, that was quick also, right away, they fixed that bug..:D impressive I have been tagged :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Just signed up for Lifetime!!!
However long that will be:thumbs:
How long does it take to show up on site?
It's an hour later and it has already shown up for you. Glad they are quicker these days. Just wish that they would do something about those of us that put out the $100.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I for one have only been on this forum a year. (wow time flies)
And many hours of reading through all the helpful threads and seeing the membership status or the first 2000 senior member or join date under the names I recognize who you are that paved the way for us recent members and Thank You for all your efforts . :grouphug:
:agree::agree::agree: That ya'll should get a little something special :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ya, I just paid my $24.97 for 1 year on January 24th.

Had I know it was going to be $40 for lifetime I'd just paid that!

Can I pay the difference and make mine a lifetime? :eek:
I asked this a few days back but no response! :rolleyes:

I also sent an email but no reply! :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I asked this a few days back but no response! :rolleyes:

I also sent an email but no reply! :confused:
I for one would agree, however, this is what cerberus posted on post #3 on this thread as an explanation for those wanting a refund or to be able to take advantage of the new prices.. I don't think the new owners will do anything about it, since the perviuos owners took your money and ran..

There's a point there, but. We're under new owners and it's the old owners who have your Jack and condoms as it were. The new owners reduced the price, but don't have the money ya gave the last group. :sorry:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Way back when I coughed up the scratch to become a supporting member, I did it out of my appreciation for existence of the sr.com community. I was able to give something back after receiving tons of useful advice and meeting some great friends. Being a part of this forum has saved me far more than the $100 anyway- I probably would've paid a couple grand more for my car and definitely would've paid more for a certain repair after my warranty ended (thanks again, Barry!). I also got a bigger PM box, larger avatars, and didn't have to view as many ads. Big whoop. I wouldn't have paid $100 solely to get rid of some ads, but $40 seems reasonable enough for that and is precisely why I became a lifetime supporter of the Solstice forum last week.

The fact that the same membership is now 2/5 the price doesn't change the fact that it was worth $100 to me when I paid. Lots of things could've happened since then (I could've gotten myself banned, the site could've gone under, jayman's purported romps with my mother could've scared me off, I could've died, etc.), and I'd still be out the $100. Compared to that, other people getting the same perks I do for a lower price a year or two later really isn't really that big a deal.

If the new owners of the forum want to give us old timers some sort of special forum perk, that would be nice but it's really not necessary IMO. I have no idea what they could do for us anyway- maybe 2 free months tacked on to the end of our memberships? :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
I for one would agree, however, this is what cerberus posted on post #3 on this thread as an explanation for those wanting a refund or to be able to take advantage of the new prices.. I don't think the new owners will do anything about it, since the perviuos owners took your money and ran..

My issue is I paid January 24th 2009, that is just a few days before the price change. I even contacted them because of being double billed. They corrected the problem but then a few days later they drop the price.

I would think I would get the option to pay the difference and get the lifetime membership!

2 emails and 3 posts but still no response!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Makes sense to me. Maybe they're trying to figure out how to do it. Send another email to whoever fixed the double billing asking for a complete refund so you can just start over. Good luck! :thumbs:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Makes sense to me. Maybe they're trying to figure out how to do it. Send another email to whoever fixed the double billing asking for a complete refund so you can just start over. Good luck! :thumbs:

Tried that, no response! :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
1) For those who paid $100... a stinkin "SkyRoadster" T-shirt wouldve been nice!

2) And to those who say "It should all be FREE"...
I dont get that.. . site runs on expensive hardware, using expensive bandwidth, and takes people's expensive time to run the site.

We're all nice folks.. but...

Also, The "make money only with advertising" model doestnt work 99% of the time. Ask the Dot Com boom companies.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts