Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking to multiple people on the facebook group Saturn Sky Owners and Admirers, everybody is saying my badges are messed up. Picture provided, how are they supposed to look? Also, while im on the topic, most of them have faded from red to a more pink color, is there a type of paint pen somebody could link to fill these in, or a way to restore their color? Hope to hear from somebody! Plus i learned my exhaust is aftermarket, and i thought it was stock. Clearly i’ve got a lot to learn lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks like they have been rearranged and an aftermarket “turbo” badge has been sourced from somewhere...
Sky is located on the driver’s side from factory, and “turbo” is spelled out in individual letters.
A previous owner just got “creative” and moved things around. Easy fix, or you could remove both and have an uncluttered rear fascia.
New Sky and turbo lettering are still available, but if you like it, leave it.
After all, it’s your car

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Usually when a car has missing or re-arranged badges, it is because the car was hit from behind at some point and the body shop didn't put the badges back on correctly after painting the bumper.

As tchr49 said, the "SKY" letters (along with the redline square) should be on the left, and the "TURBO" letters (individual letters, not a single piece) should be on the right.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
The muffler is fine...if u want to make it original....just go to ebay,,,,they have everything u need regarding lettering. And if u remove the lettering, use fish filament to remove it. It slides right under the backing.

·
Registered
626 Posts
After talking to multiple people on the facebook group Saturn Sky Owners and Admirers, everybody is saying my badges are messed up. Picture provided, how are they supposed to look? Also, while im on the topic, most of them have faded from red to a more pink color, is there a type of paint pen somebody could link to fill these in, or a way to restore their color? Hope to hear from somebody! Plus i learned my exhaust is aftermarket, and i thought it was stock. Clearly i’ve got a lot to learn lol View attachment 116661 View attachment 116662 View attachment 116663
I was one of those people on FB, I shared with you a pic of mine on the FB group. It's not uncommon for badging to sometimes come off or get damaged from carwashes, or get removed for repairs. Also some owners like to debadge cars so that's possible too. Someone tried to fix it and that's what they came up with. The "turbo" badge is definitely aftermarket and it should be on the right side. The Sky nameplate is correct, but should be on the left side next to the Redline insignia that is currently in the correct location next to the aftermarket turbo badge. It's an easy fix if you want to correct, just remove the current ones with some floss and buff off the residual adhesive with some goo gone. Then just stick on the new ones in the correct spot. Here's what they should look like and some links to replace.

Here is the OEM Sky Redline badging that should be located on the left side.

and here is the OEM Turbo badging that should be located on the right side.

For what it's worth it's not that uncommon, we bought a 2019 Subaru Outback last year as a CPO from a Subaru dealership. It had 14k miles on it and looked great. Never noticed though until about a week later after we bought it that the rear badging was wrong and crooked. The nameplates were reversed like yours and the "AWD" badge was in the wrong placement as well. I'm way to OCD for that so I bought replacements and fixed it.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I know of one Sky owner whose "redline square" was put on incorrectly at the factory. It was put on so that the red line was vertical instead of horizontal (but at least it was in the right place).

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know of one Sky owner whose "redline square" was put on incorrectly at the factory. It was put on so that the red line was vertical instead of horizontal (but at least it was in the right place).
Mine actually popped off one day when I was waxing the car. Luckily it was the exact same size as the 3M tape I already had in the tool box. Popped it back on in about 30 seconds, but thought for a couple of those seconds which way was up. I can see how it could be done fairly easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts