Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine got all bent up and I had to pull it out. I'm not sure if I will take it in for repair. Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Mine got all bent up and I had to pull it out. I'm not sure if I will take it in for repair. Thoughts? Comments?
Why wouldn't you take it in for repair?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that I've had those "issues" with my dealership and lawyers are involved, I have been advised not to go back there until this is resolved one way or another. The next closest one isn't that close, so I sent Saturn in Torrance, CA an email and Saturn in Huntington Beach (since I'll be there on Sunday) and I haven't heard back from either one.... :(

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Now that I've had those "issues" with my dealership and lawyers are involved, I have been advised not to go back there until this is resolved one way or another. The next closest one isn't that close, so I sent Saturn in Torrance, CA an email and Saturn in Huntington Beach (since I'll be there on Sunday) and I haven't heard back from either one.... :(
Since I am getting my car so far away, I asked the GM if it will be a problem getting warranty repair elsewhere. He assured me that any dealer would be happy to do a warranty repair. Saturn will pay them for the job so they still make money off it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Any Saturn dealership will do warrenty work..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Good for you girl! Glad you took action against what they were doing to you!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Same thing happened to mine. The parts dept called yesterday and said the part was in and I scheduled an appointment to take it in to be replaced. The guy in the parts dept said the part number had been changed, so maybe they changed/improved the glue.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
not sure what "issues" your having, but you go girl!! Good luck hope you nail them!! Wish I could do the same with my dealership.
T:cheers:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
What and where exactly is this "bent up" part on the sky? Curious. I have to have a small black plastic part replaced on my car that fell off. on the trunk door right behind the drivers side. Glue came off. Waiting for replacement part. I asked if they put it together with bubble gum. Love the car, but jeeze Louise!!!
T

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
tolaiz said:
What and where exactly is this "bent up" part on the sky? Curious. I have to have a small black plastic part replaced on my car that fell off. on the trunk door right behind the drivers side. Glue came off. Waiting for replacement part. I asked if they put it together with bubble gum. Love the car, but jeeze Louise!!!
T
:lol: Not quite bubble gum -- but with today's adhesives -- you would think they'd do a BIT more testing to make sure they have the right one.:nono: I have been watching the various glued on bits closely EG:
The Steel Saturn sill strip;
The chrome escutcheon around the roof pin holes
and now it looks like I have to watch those lil black plastic spaces on the trunk hood --
is that what you are saying tolaiz?:confused:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
tolaiz said:
T
Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah I can feel a bit of "give" under my little metal Saturn stickers. I think it will be coming off if any sand or anything gets under it. It wasn't really the smartest way to attach them in my opinion and I will guess the 2008 or even RL edition will use a different adhesive (if they havent started already) or may add a couple screws to better anchor it in.

I mean go ahead and take it back to the dealer to fix, but im guessing youll just get glue out of the junk drawer thrown on there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hate to take this off topic a little but how do you think it would look if Saturn was painted red for those of us with the red & black interior. Tacky??

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
belletire said:
Hate to take this off topic a little but how do you think it would look if Saturn was painted red for those of us with the red & black interior. Tacky??
Yup.

Hey- you asked! On the other hand, I've been wrong before. Some things look better than they sound.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tolaiz said:
T
Its just left to the driver side seat, where you would put your foot to step in (if necessary), like a running board. it's pretty bent up, I have to admit. I'll see what the dealership in HB says tomorrow when I go out there. I've already pulled the strip off, but I'm going to bring it with me.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Do you actually step on it? I never have and it wouldn't even occur to me to do so. Maybe it didn't occur to whoever designed it either...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts