Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the local grocery store today I saw a Miata with the top down. There was no cover over the top. Is there one and the owner just didn't use it? Yes, the Miata has a trunk, but if you have to drive around with the top exposed, who cares. It's ugly with the top just laying there behind the seats. I ask this because I saw another thread with pics of a Miata with the top down and no cover over the top. So what if I couldn't get my grocery's in my trunk with the top down. I put $119 of grocery's in the passenger seat and floorboard and didn't have an ugly top exposed behind me.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well as a fellow Miata owner (NB second-gen), I know that the first (NA) & second-generation body styles had a vinyl cover that was secured with snaps on the interior of the car. I never used my vinyl cover because frankly it was a waste of time to put on. I just wanted to drop the top and go! :lol:

The tops of the first two generations of Miata would just fold back and expose it's top latch to the air. This made it look not as flat and clean-looking.

The current, third generation uses the Z-style folding top which folds more flatly onto itself and is more clean-looking. I'm not sure if the new Miata has a vinyl top cover or not, but it probably wouldn't need it anyway due to the Z-folding top design.

So back to your question...yes the Miata has a cover for the top, but no, I don't know anyone who would ever use it which is why you saw the Miata without it's cover. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts