Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow SKY owners! My SKY was unloaded at the dealership last night. I was #2, but then moved up to #1. So far, mine is the only one that was delivered. I was able to check it out and take it for a quick spin today. (It was so cool!) I'll officially bring it home tomorrow morning.

So if there's any Michiganders who may want to meet up this summer, I'm game! I'll post pics after I bring it home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
KrazyRedHead said:
Hello fellow SKY owners! My SKY was unloaded at the dealership last night. I was #2, but then moved up to #1. So far, mine is the only one that was delivered. I was able to check it out and take it for a quick spin today. (It was so cool!) I'll officially bring it home tomorrow morning.

So if there's any Michiganders who may want to meet up this summer, I'm game! I'll post pics after I bring it home.
:cheers: Sweet! Congratulations!

I am not a sky owner, i am a solstice owner, but am only one of a handful of kappa owners on this side of the state. Would be sweet to get together with the other side also.

I saw my first sky on the road here in Kalamazoo pulling into the saturn dealer here. Looks very sweet, especially in yellow.:cool:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm down in Temperance (last exit on i-75 before Ohio), my Sky will be here in late April or early May. A drive to the Big Mac would be really cool with a bunch of Skys...Let the weather warm up a bit though- don't want to get any snow on the tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last 3 on the VIN are 609

·
Registered
8 Posts
KrazyRedHead said:

I'm in! Imagine a long line of Sky's rolling over the Mac bridge, sparkling in the sun...Ahhh...:cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine was just invoiced today! I should be hitting the streets with you next week! I am in Clinton Township, lets get the group together one day!

·
Registered
877 Posts
congrats:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Did anyone warn you that being an official member of this site requires you to give us all a ride in your Sky? :D Congrats on the impending delivery. Hopefully you will be able to play with it this weekend. Remember Toronto isn't that far a drive and it would do the car some good to break her in.:lol:

Enjoy :cheers:

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

Congratulations. Be careful driving that baby home. Don't get too excited. Enjoy!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Krazy -

I am new to this forum, basically because now I can't wait. My dealer called me Wednesday to tell me my order is in, and they said 6-8 weeks. I am sure I'll keep calling every week like a little kid (Are we there yet?) until it comes in.

I'm in Clarkston, and had to order from Saturn of Saginaw, as all other Dealerships were not taking orders anymore.

Congrats!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
G Byrnes-
That's rather funny since I live closer to Saginaw and ended up getting mine at Clarkston because I drive by the dealership on my way to work in Troy. My SKY was build on 3/10 and the dealers model was built on 3/9. The Salesman thought it would be here in mid April, but it surprised us all when mine arrived and their dealer model didn't! I'm not sure what number you are on the list, but don't be surprised if it arrives sooner than they say. The dealer should be able to tell you when it was built.

I somehow got moved to #1 and it was so cool. The dealer had a writer/photographer from the Oakland Tech (an automotive newspaper) at the dealer and they interviewed me and took pictures. It was a bit overwhelming, but made the experience even more exciting! I haven't had a chance to get some good pictures with our lovely Michigan weather, but as soon as I can I'll post them.
Good luck on your SKY, I'll keep my eyes open for ya on the road.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Krazy -

Clarkston had stopped taking orders when I finally bit in late January. Saginaw was about the only one in MI taking any then. I am only about 2 miles from Saturn of Clarkston, and take my VUE there.

Maybe you can be recruited to haul me up to Saginaw when mine finally gets in. Although a few of my friends already kind of want to, to make sure I will "owe" them some time in the SKY!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just let me know when. Anything is possible! I'm sure the dealership would be surprised to see you arrive & leave in a SKY!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find it interesting that most people refer to their car as "female". I'm sure it's because they're more reliable!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
KrazyRedHead said:
I find it interesting that most people refer to their car as "female". I'm sure it's because they're more reliable!! :lol:
It's because they are:
Hot
Sleek
and it's the only time we can control them.:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good points! Gotta give you credit there. :thumbs:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It's because they are:
Hot
Sleek
and it's the only time we can control them.:D

So TRUE....If they only knew how much power the really have...we would be gone!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
KrazyRedHead said:
nope, It is because we love them but don't understand exactly how they work :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts