Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posing a link to the solsticeforum which i started a thread about running red bud trail in southwestern Michigan and Northern Indiana. It is winding roads with plenty of scenery and stops along the way. Somewhere around 3 - 3.5 hours from start to finish and back. I wanted extend the invite to any skyforum members who would like to get out and about. I posted these to try and get some date suggestions, and to see if anybody would be interested. :cool:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16662
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
Just pick a date and who ever can show up shows up. Got to start somewhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now looking at Sunday June 11th at 11:00 am. More Details will follow, i just needed to get a rough estimate on how many to expect. Anybody is welcome, whatever car you drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Are you are planning to have the group stop at JD's Truck Stop at the intersection of US12 and US31 bypass - just 1/2 mile east of Red Bud - for a stretch stop? Or post your planned stops if you could. Althought I do not yet have a SKY RL on order, I wouldn't mind meeting up and seeing everyone. Thanks!

Mark in INdiana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark in INdiana said:
Are you are planning to have the group stop at JD's Truck Stop at the intersection of US12 and US31 bypass - just 1/2 mile east of Red Bud - for a stretch stop? Or post your planned stops if you could. Althought I do not yet have a SKY RL on order, I wouldn't mind meeting up and seeing everyone. Thanks!

Mark in INdiana
I'm not yet that organized, i know the route, and know that there are a few restaurants on that route. But, i haven't figured out where to exactly meet up at the beginning of the trail.

I figure meet at like 11:00 a.m. (Michigan Time). Eventually get into the drive, possibly stopping at big bear cave for lunch (brought by self) or one of the restaurants. I'm trying to get peoples interest and suggestions right now to get a more detailed itinerary together. But i wanted to know that i wasn't wasting my time and have nobody show. This should be a good scenic ride and before hand you should have a good time meeting many of the members of the two different forums. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Red Bud Trail

Hello,
Do you have a map?
I would like to see the area you're speaking about.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JFig said:
Hello,
Do you have a map?
I would like to see the area you're speaking about.
Thanks
Sorry i have been unable to locate a map, and don't have time yet to shop one up. Maybe someone from the area can expand. I have only been on this route a few times, but know that it provides for a good, long, and scenic ride with abundant twist and turns from roughly Berrien Springs, Michigan toward Laporte, Indiana and so on. (Southwest Michigan and North and Northwest Indiana.) I will eventually get a map or such posted soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Call up Buchanan, MI on Mapquest. Red Bud starts at exit 15 off the US31 expressway, runs south thru Buchanan almost to the IN state line. From there, were you thinking about picking up W. Chicago Rd and going west to Chicago Trail and continuing west to Hudson Lake?? By the way, this area of Indiana is now on eastern daylight savings time - same time as Michigan. Also, Tabor Hill Winery (nesteled in rural, rolling hills) is not too far from the beginning of Red Bud Trail. Lemon Creek Winery is also in that area. Fude 4 thot.

Mark in INdiana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark in INdiana said:
Call up Buchanan, MI on Mapquest. Red Bud starts at exit 15 off the US31 expressway, runs south thru Buchanan almost to the IN state line. From there, were you thinking about picking up W. Chicago Rd and going west to Chicago Trail and continuing west to Hudson Lake?? By the way, this area of Indiana is now on eastern daylight savings time - same time as Michigan. Also, Tabor Hill Winery (nesteled in rural, rolling hills) is not too far from the beginning of Red Bud Trail. Lemon Creek Winery is also in that area. Fude 4 thot.

Mark in INdiana
Thanks a lot, I will investigate some more! :thumbs:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
SOUNDS FUN.... COUNT US IN........ SkyBaby-07
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top