Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my $1000 down for the RL. The salesman said there's a $2995 dealer mark up for a factory installed alarm system. This is not optional. Did anyone else out here in Cali have to pay for this thing?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
NOOOOOO....... Your getting ripped. I got Lojack 1st response installed for wayyyyy under $1000.00

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I would try to get my deposit back and find another dealer.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
akinmb said:
I just put my $1000 down for the RL. The salesman said there's a $2995 dealer mark up for a factory installed alarm system. This is not optional. Did anyone else out here in Cali have to pay for this thing?
Ask him to show you the listing on the official Saturn list -- no such animal...
Factory does not install alarms (Other than the basic security system). ANY alarm is a dealer added (and therefore NOT added if you don't order it) OPTION

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Unfortunatly

akinmb said:
It does seem to be the going thing in California, at least in the southern part.
It is not a "factory" item but a dealer installed "extra" for them to get a markup.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Dealer Scam Alert....

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
Only factory installed alarm is the Passkey III system and it's included in the base price of the Sky. This $2,995 alarm is a dealer installed alarm. Some dealers make this manditory others do not. I'd either tell them not to install it and you're not paying for it or find another dealer. If they refuse I'd also mention them to Saturn Corporate...Saturn Corporate doesn't like such practices all that much and, IIRC, have threatened to pull or reduce alotments to dealers who practice this.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Robotech said:
Only factory installed alarm is the Passkey III system and it's included in the base price of the Sky. This $2,995 alarm is a dealer installed alarm. Some dealers make this manditory others do not. I'd either tell them not to install it and you're not paying for it or find another dealer. If they refuse I'd also mention them to Saturn Corporate...Saturn Corporate doesn't like such practices all that much and, IIRC, have threatened to pull or reduce alotments to dealers who practice this.
:agree:

That is not a Factory installed Alarm. He is F'n Liar!

I found this for $29.00 dollars 1% of the Dealers price.

http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm100023.htm

I think you may have to buy their alarm to use this,($169.00) even so it would be less than 10% of what the dealer is charging.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're all correct...

True, this is absolute garbage.... The salesman explained that many of the dealership owners are doing this simply to get extra money out of the car. They aren't 100% certain that they will be doing this because some dealership owners are worried about it scarring off potential buyers. He said he would know soon and that if it goes the other way (that they won't include it) he will let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts