Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email yesterday afternoon from our local dealer asking my wife to drop in and pick her options and color so he could place an order. To be honest I thought we wouldn"t be at this stage until January of 2007, and I don't know yet what year car we are talking about until Monday.Could deliveries be getting better?
Tout

·
Registered
69 Posts
this is exciting news. congrats. we need info first thing monday.:cool:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Tout, if they are asking you to tie down color and options then they are about to place your order. Mine was ordered May 29, 2006 and then my car was built 4 weeks later. Nothing I ordered was on hold, so you know, and then the car was delivered July 14..I picked it up on the 15th. It seems like most are taking delivery within 8 weeks of ordering. That time seemed to shrink from March when the first cars rolled off the assembly line, so my estimate may not be accurate and is based on my experience. I would look at signatures which detail all of that info...you know order date, build date and delivery and gauge it by those in your neck of the woods, as they'll have more similar shipping conditions. You're getting closer!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Tout, if they are asking you to tie down color and options then they are about to place your order. Mine was ordered May 29, 2006 and then my car was built 4 weeks later. Nothing I ordered was on hold, so you know, and then the car was delivered July 14..I picked it up on the 15th. It seems like most are taking delivery within 8 weeks of ordering. That time seemed to shrink from March when the first cars rolled off the assembly line, so my estimate may not be accurate and is based on my experience. I would look at signatures which detail all of that info...you know order date, build date and delivery and gauge it by those in your neck of the woods, as they'll have more similar shipping conditions. You're getting closer!!!! :cheers:
I'm not sure if I agree with that timeline. My deposit was made almost a month ago, and the order was made the day after. Options, color, everything was chosen. As of 2 days ago, i'm still at 1102. I don't see my car going 3000 or 3400 anytime before November, and honestly, I'd prefer it to miss the brunt of the winter. Once the car has hit 3400, then perhaps I'd suggest the 8 week period. I dunno, as of right now I'm looking at about 4-6 months from order placement to delivery.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There is a difference between deposit and when the order is actually accepted by the plant. When the dealer gets an actual car to order that's when the 8 weeks starts. And, it could be because I had a base. I put my deposit down in March and it actually didn't get picked up by the plant until the 29th, but it was then I had to tie down my colors etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We stopped at the dealer on the way home and the dealer wrote out an order for what Linda wanted on her car, he said he was told that in the next week or so they would be able to place the order. She went with the redline , manual trans , bluestone color,tan top and trim, wing and upgraded sound system. The two people in front of us on the waiting list did not want to wait that long for a car.so we jumped at the opertunity.The one thing that makes the purchase easer is that the option list is small.
Tout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts