Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Yes, I am still waitiing for my dealer to order my chili pepper red sky. It has been 4 months and a lot of phone calls to the general manager and ordering manager. My salesman quit and no one there knows anything. I am supposed to be #4 on the list (but was told this a few weeks ago) and I even received the 3 dates in May ahead of me. My dealership in South Central Pa is in "cohoots" with 4 other dealers that are franchised together and I cannot believe that I am #4 after all this time. I read that some of you recieved your Sky in 3 months. How do I know that the dealership has not ordered other Skys before mine even if the deposit was made after mine? In other words. can I believe my dealer that every Sky is ordered in order? I would be curious from my friends in South Central Pa that ordered Skys from the 5 dealers that I am referring to, if they would respond to my request of when they ordered their Skys and when they picked them up. Also, I notice that Consumer Reports and several forum contributors mentioned that the 5 speed is "clunky" and has too wide a gate. Since my Sky has not been ordered, should I invest in an automatic which my wife would be happier driving? Does an automatic take away from the sportiness of a sports roadster? Does anyone else have problems with their 5 speeds?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a Chili Pepper Red automatic and I love it. I test drove both auto and manual before I made a decision. They both drove great, but I am in stop and go traffic alot in the city, so I didn't want the hassle of constantly shifting. It is a personal choice and lots of people on the forum will attack you for chosing an automatic for a "sports" car, but do what you like. I love the auto and I find it gives me plenty of power, although after 11 years of manual, I still stomp the floorboard sometimes thinking I should be shifting.:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I also bought an automatic, mainly because of my wife (she donno how to drive a stick and doesn't care or want to learn). I also preferr the auto, I'm to old to be going in/out with a clutch all day. Put it D, stomp it, and your off like a rocket--:cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am supposed to be #4 on the list (but was told this a few weeks ago) and I even received the 3 dates in May ahead of me.
That reminds me, I still have to get my position in writing to avoid exactly this. Salesperson turnover is my biggest fear as opposed to diry tricks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts