880 Posts
USCG RMC 1983-1997
:yay: another "Shallow Water Sailor"

My Father - US Army Air Corps [WWII]
My oldest Brother - USCG [Vietnam Era - USCGC Absecon]
My next oldest brother - USMC [Vietnam Era - 3rd Force Recon - 24 Year Lifer]

and me: USCG ET - PO1 [Vietnam Era 1970-1974]
CG TRACEN - Cape May, NJ [Basic/ Honor Guard]
CG TRACEN - Governors Island, NY [Training - Electronics Tech, Radar and LORAN A/C]
USCG Pacific Area Headquarters - Alameda, CA [TDY/ More Training]
CG LORSTA - Eniwetok, Marshall Islands [LORAN Tech]
CG TRACEN - Governors Island, NY [Electronics Instructor]

U.S. Coast Guard Historian's Office Official Website

·
Registered
123 Posts
:patriot:SSgt/E-5 USAF Security Police/K-9Handler/Patrolman:patriot:
Currently serving 2nd Enlistment
In Kuwait for 7 more days!!
Then home to my new SKY Redline & garage full of aftermarket goodies!!!:driving:

Integrity First, Service Before Self and Excellence In All We Do!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Retired SCPO, USN

Navy Cryptologist 1969-1995 (Cold War Vet!!) Am glad I won't be called back when Russia begins to throw her weight around again!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
United States Navy Retired Chief Photographer 1976-1996. Still supporting DoD as a contractor.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Former USAF transportation and computer maintenance for a mobil radar outfit (728th Tactical Control Squadron). Did 11 1/2 years and now have 20 years with the US Postal Service. The Air Force time was easier. :cool:
My son and my son-in-law are both serving in the Air Force today. One has 16 years and the other 4. I'm glad to know that we have such strong men and women protecting us and keeping America safe.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Msgt USAF retired 1970-1990. Flight Simulators mostly from the T-40s (T-39 Lear Jet), F-16 and the F-117. Because of a letter I sign years ago I'm not suppose to say where I was for the latter or I would be shot. I wonder if that still holds true today....

Don

·
Registered
260 Posts
Back home

Msgt USAF retired 1970-1990. Flight Simulators mostly from the T-40s (T-39 Lear Jet), F-16 and the F-117. Because of a letter I sign years ago I'm not suppose to say where I was for the latter or I would be shot. I wonder if that still holds true today....

Don

Well the F-117 is back where you are probably talking about. SHHH I didnt tell you that.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Former U.S. ARMY 1979 -1992

Basic Training Ft. Dix '79,
AIT - Ft. Lee Quartermaster School '79

Coleman Brks in Mannheim, Germany '79-'81
Ft Rucker, Al '82
Ft. Eustis, Va '82-'84
HLM 725th Maint Bn, Schofield, Brks, Hawaii '84-86
Ft.Stewart, Ga '86-'88
Yongsan & Camp Casey (CIF) Korea '88-'90
then back to Hawaii until March '92.

DAV

Go ARMY:patriot:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks to those past and present. God bless you all.

Retired YNC(AW/SS)
1986-2006
USS LAFAYETTE
COMSUBRON 18
USS MARYLAND
Naval Academy (Staff)
JIATF East, Key West
JFCOM, Norfolk
OPNAV N8, Pentagon
VX1, NAS Pax River

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
USN 90-95, RP E-5. :thumbs:
I was in the Navy 92 San Diego Recruit training command. I made it to the last week of training then hurt my legs in traning could not walk so the let me go home. I was scheduled to deploy to the Sea of Japan I was going to be a corpsman.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Biggest regret I have is, I did not serve. But, I not only love my country, but I love my military men and women. If you know a military family in the Lewisville Texas area with a need, send me a private message. I will do my best.

I have a family 5 houses down from me where her husband is on his second tour in Iraq. I saw his wife out mowing their lawn in the Texas heat last summer just one time before I put an end to that. I pay my lawn crew to mow their lawn each week the same time they do mine. They won't tell her who is paying for it (she has asked). I like knowing that with "the man of the house" gone, at least she does not have to worry about the lawn (which is done by him when he is home). Considering what her husband, and what she and her kids sacrifice for me, its not much, but I'm sure it helps.

Thanks to all you guys and gals who serve. You really are remembered and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Dom Rep-1965
Nam-1970
US Navy 64--79 BT1- 100% DAV
LSD-20,DD883,& CVA-38
Remember we needed Man and Woman at home also.
GOD BLESS the USA.

Every man knows about the LQQK. It LQQKS like what
rides with Tammy.
Welcome Home to all Vets.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts