Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solstice top:

Alcantara steering wheel (looks like they took a used steering wheel and wrapped suede around it. What do you think?

25864145 Steering Wheel Opel Gt Basic Year 2006 228684

·
Registered
949 Posts
If you want an alcantara wheel it would be more effective to just get the Corvette Grand Sport wheel. I think I paid under $200 for mine when I bought it a few years ago. (Maybe the price has gone up?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want an alcantara wheel it would be more effective to just get the Corvette Grand Sport wheel. I think I paid under $200 for mine when I bought it a few years ago. (Maybe the price has gone up?)
I didn't find one that looked compatible with the airbag.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I didn't find one that looked compatible with the airbag.
I have part 22805654 installed in my car. It is the Corvette Grand Sport alcantara wheel with the red stitching. You must move the airbag and the electronics over from your OEM wheel. And, you will need to cut a hole for the cruise control button, or just leave it permanently set to "on" (or off, I guess) when you reassemble the wheel. I just cut the hole using a rotary tool and some small files.

I will say, I do really like the wheel, but you need to be careful with the Alcantara. Mine got wet more than once and it definitely doesn't look as good as when it was new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have part 22805654 installed in my car. It is the Corvette Grand Sport alcantara wheel with the red stitching. You must move the airbag and the electronics over from your OEM wheel. And, you will need to cut a hole for the cruise control button, or just leave it permanently set to "on" (or off, I guess) when you reassemble the wheel. I just cut the hole using a rotary tool and some small files.

I will say, I do really like the wheel, but you need to be careful with the Alcantara. Mine got wet more than once and it definitely doesn't look as good as when it was new.
Hi,

do you have pictures of your wheel and how you did it?

thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
That suede corvette wheel wears out fast, after 20k miles it lost its grip and was more slippery than the leather wheel.
Not false. It looks good but after owning it I'd almost recommend the leather version of the wheel. Either one is an improvement over the stock wheel, however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts