Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a problem with the plastic fascia underneath the front of the car coming loose and dragging on the ground. I would suggest you do the following check. Get on the ground and look undeneath the front of your car. You will see that the plastic is connected by push pins. If they are not there you will have problems. After I had my problem I spoke with a woman who works in the same building as me and has a sky. I explained the problem to her and she took her car to the local dealer and lo and behold there were no pins. They replaced them for her. Additionally the service manager is giving me a difficult time about this being covered under warranty. Take two minutes and check your cars. If you have any additional information please let me know.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks I will check! :thumbs:
A question -- are these push rivets (that's what they are called apparently) under where they could get damaged- removed from dragging the SKY's nose - like on a parking stop??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are push pins. You probably could drive a long while before noticing but when you do it will be too late.

·
Registered
138 Posts
john p said:
I recently had a problem with the plastic fascia underneath the front of the car coming loose and dragging on the ground. I would suggest you do the following check. Get on the ground and look undeneath the front of your car. You will see that the plastic is connected by push pins. If they are not there you will have problems. After I had my problem I spoke with a woman who works in the same building as me and has a sky. I explained the problem to her and she took her car to the local dealer and lo and behold there were no pins. They replaced them for her. Additionally the service manager is giving me a difficult time about this being covered under warranty. Take two minutes and check your cars. If you have any additional information please let me know.
Good catch!

Mine could be a little tighter but, at least I have them. That's something we should all check periodically.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
john p said:
Just curious...what sort of problems did you have in regards to this plastic fascia coming loose? I recall reading on the Sol forum about a few folks that had theirs fall off and they noticed high temperature readings...which makes me believe that it might have some effect on cooling. :confused:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
john p said:
Pics? I'm not sure what your talking about. Under the bumper is another plastic piece (black) that is attached to the bumper with plastic pins/rivits/push pins. This is the piece that I scraped. The pins could have been torn off when I scraped my bumper. Is this the piece your talking about?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
It is the air dam behind the front bumper that is sticking down to catch air and direct it up into the radiator. On Skipsky it is the road kill picker upper and it directs fresh road kill to the radiator to cook at 180 degrees as I drive on the road. Now iffen I could just find someway to get the car to give me a milk shake.....Skip...getting hungary thinking about roadkill stew....:D :D :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The push pins are what you have all described . They hold the plastic fascia together underneath the front of the car. The piece that was missing the pins simply starting dragging on the ground. There was no particular reason other than there were no pins holding the fascia on the passengers side together. If your pins are intact and tight then your in good shape. If not then you need to check. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts