Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the MKC FB page:

The Michigan Kappa Club will visit the GM Heritage center as a group on Friday, October 4th, 2019.

This was the tour discussed by MKC member Mike Reynolds at the Winter Meet in January 2019 days before his untimely passing. Mike was very passionate about this club tour and his wife Judy wants to be sure this happens in his memory. She will be in attendance representing him.

There is a 30 PERSON MINIMUM for this tour to proceed as scheduled. We currently have approximately 50 people signed up for our tour. There is no other GROUP scheduled during our time slot, but there are six people who are guests of the Heritage Center that will be touring at the same time as our group.
There is a Solstice and a Sky prototype in the 500-car Heritage Center Collection. If either, or both, are in the storage facility onsite, they WILL be brought in for our visit. If they are in offsite storage, they will NOT be brought over as that would incur a charge to our group.

Admission is $10 PER PERSON. Payment to the Museum is by one check or credit card for the entire group. As such, Jim and Debbie Lyddon will collect the $10 admission cost from each person prior to museum entry, issue you a keepsake ticket to show at the door, and then pay for the group.

There is NO late admission. You must be present by 1:30 p.m. or you will not be able to tour with the group.

An orientation to the display will be provided to us at 1:30 p.m.

Cameras are welcome.

There is nothing for sale at this location.

You cannot touch the vehicles, or open doors or hoods.

We will be allowed two hours at the facility (1:30-3:30 p.m.) with typical average touring times of 75-90 minutes.

You DO NOT have to arrive in your Kappa vehicle.

You may bring other Kappa afficionados with you.

This museum cannot be toured on an individual basis. It is only available to 30 person minimum groups.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Im actually off work that day... 9 1/2 hour drive for me, but definitely worth it.

Do we need to sign up with you guys ahead of time? Or just be there before 1:30?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im actually off work that day... 9 1/2 hour drive for me, but definitely worth it.

Do we need to sign up with you guys ahead of time? Or just be there before 1:30?
Best to contact the Michigan Kappa Club on their FB page or website for questions, I'm just passing the info along.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I tried to attach some photos of the Solstice prototype that GM brought out for us in the Kappa group to see. One of the rarest prototypes developed where the actual production car looked very similar! I think I see both Solstice and Sky design elements in this car. Notice where the rear view mirror is located. I work with a gentleman who worked on the Kappa project and he said the car is based on a Cavalier chassis! He said that Bob Lutz at GM was really involved in this project and gave the engineers fits on all the things he wanted on this car.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts