·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What name choice is preferred??? and give some input please SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I want MidWest , then with the states. That way we can let in Missouri and a few more.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
need to re do this

The first names are the base the last two are add-ons -- two different things to vote on, For instance I'd vote for---> #1 with #4

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok..... first poll i have done... sorry it isnt right... i tried...... Ok... that is why the REPLY is important....... so.... we have....... MWKCC- Illinois Division... that is a good choice... and then... whichever state you are in will take the place of Illinois..... is this what you mean?..SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
need to re do this

The first names are the base the last two are add-ons -- two different things to vote on, For instance I'd vote for---> #1 with #4

Dont know how to REDO it...... i guess someone else can start a new one....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Ok..... first poll i have done... sorry it isnt right... i tried...... Ok... that is why the REPLY is important....... so.... we have....... MWKCC- Illinois Division... that is a good choice... and then... whichever state you are in will take the place of Illinois..... is this what you mean?..SkyBaby-07
Right on SkyBaby!
Say MWKCC is the mother club and you could then - as we grow - dive off to Illini SKY (love the sound of that) and Illini SOL even. You would just then let each state declare or divide if they want (perhaps Ill would stay Kappa -for instance -- But we'd be the Illinois Kappa chapter)
In the long run if there became a National Kappa Club then MWKCC would be a regional chapter with Ilini SKY as the local.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Right on SkyBaby!
Say MWKCC is the mother club and you could then - as we grow - dive off to Illini SKY (love the sound of that) and Illini SOL even. You would just then let each state declare or divide if they want (perhaps Ill would stay Kappa -for instance -- But we'd be the Illinois Kappa chapter)
In the long run if there became a National Kappa Club then MWKCC would be a regional chapter with Ilini SKY as the local.
CORRECT!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok.... that sounds good..... lets get together... if not in person, then...... on the other chat site..... and get the MAIN LOGO and name down...... so, then... the next order of business is...... WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THIS HERE VENTURE?.... i am not sure what type of "OFFICES" need to be held.. and who you all would like to have them positions...... after that line of order...... WE NEED RULES... AND BYLAWS..... stuff like that..... any inputs? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Rick or somebody said, we shouldn't re-invent the wheel. We can borrow the Mustang's or the Vette by-laws, and modify as needed.

I wouldn't be honored to be the President of the Illini Sky, however, I think we need Rick at the regional or national level.

I nominate SkyBaby as my sexectary for the Illins Sky!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a great idea... to just modify other laws as needed to fit our club..... and.... Rick, i SECOND the fact you should be.. up there at the top ....of the chain somewhere.... i think Kent should be in there also..... and.. i dont mind being...SECRETARY.... lolol..... ok.. i like how you spelled it better... and.... i LOVE doing the PARTY stuff.... and get together planning..... fun stuff..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyBaby said:
That is a great idea... to just modify other laws as needed to fit our club..... and.... Rick, i SECOND the fact you should be.. up there at the top ....of the chain somewhere.... i think Kent should be in there also..... and.. i dont mind being...SECRETARY.... lolol..... ok.. i like how you spelled it better... and.... i LOVE doing the PARTY stuff.... and get together planning..... fun stuff..... SkyBaby-07
I am a follower not a leader...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Lets get a meeting together.

I suggested to SkyBaby to draft a letter to the people that showed up at show and that have answered this post for input and opportunity to participate.

A meeting would lay the ground work so we don't stop and start.
1. National should be contacted for there rules and by-laws.
A. If we our to be affiliated we must conform to National Club.
B. They would probably have a outline for a regional club-or state club along with maybe restrictions on local names.
1. Do we want to spend money on logo stuff only to redo again to comply.

2. We must have participation of all people interested in a club, as to avoid splinter groups because they didn't have there say in organization. Plus to insure participation, when someone gets to put there 2cents in then they have a interest in club.
A. Remember the goal is to bring in as many as we can. As anyone that has been in a car club would know the bigger the club the more the perks. Meaning special pricing for members on performance parts, apparel and so forth. Plus sponsors for events for club. Money makes the world go round and sponsors pay for meets. The Corp. goes to the numbers

3. We must act as a exporatory committee now do the information gathering and present this to any interested party. For input and approval.

On name for Club just a thought they call the Corvette Club the Corvette Club. Not by build platform. Shouldn't the name be recognizible to the causal person. Meaning have the SKY and Solstice in the name, just a thought.

Let me know what I can do to help.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
How about SCA, Sky Club of America, then branch out to the regions, then states. That would include us westerners!! Or we could just start our own club and divide up the the United States, West of Mississippi/East of Mississippi:D :cheers:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like MWKCC but Eye on Sky brought up a good point that most people off the street wouldn't really be sure what a "kappa car" is. Perhaps including Sky in the same would help. MWSC - MidWest Sky Club?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don't agree, MWKCC leaves out the rest of the country. It should start with United States Kappa Kar Club, or US Sky Club, then establish a chain of command. National, Regional, State. This is the only way to establish a club IMO.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great idea ERNEST..... ok...... lets start again..... HOW ABOUT...... USSSC..... United States Sky Solstice Club.... then go...... ..... ESSSC Eastern States Sky Solstice Club MWSSC MidWest Sky Solstice Club SSSC Southern Sky Solstice Club WSSC Western Sky Solstice Club..... then.. branch off into individual states...... any thoughts? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think I like that last idea for MWSSC, then we can do the different divisions by state. I liked the MWKCC but I agree that most outsider people probably won't know what Kappa is.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If we insist on having only SKYs and even with combining Sols into a USSSCC (US Sky Sol Car Club), then, perhaps, we should start at the national level. Why? You ask?
There is NOT enough of either to do it at a lower level. Inclusion is the only path to success.
Math time:
At best (if things are done evenly across the US and we actually know these numbers are twice as large as they should be as the average allocation for SKYs in Illinois was 10 per dealer -- yet the average country wide is 20) we could have 200 SKY and 400 Solstice in Illinois. Using the standard 10% rule (if you sell you are familiar) say we contact EVERY ONE of them. About 10% will join so we'd have 60 members spread out across IL. Now let's plan a get together. Believe it or not the 10% rule comes into effect again so about 6 people will actually show up, no matter where you have it (too far - not a good day - can't make it do to work -- you can add excuses).
All this is IDEAL conditions and first we need to contact all 600 Sky/Sol owners...
Anyone up for that?
Now let's get started on a national level.
Say we got 1000 members via Skyroadster.com and the Solstice site as well (I'm dreaming BTW, no way would you get 1000) now lets spread them equally. That is 20 per state. No need to continue.

So back to organization
Think Global, act Local.
Midwest Kappa (or Sol/Sky) club.
If we go Great Lakes then there are people already that would be left out.
How about -- Mid America Sky/Solstice club? (MASSC)
If we include 5-10 states then we could enjoy a few hundred members.
If the thing takes off we can go Eastern America Sky/Solstice club (EASSC) and Western America Sky/Solstice club (WASSC) etc etc....
In fact we leave room for Canadian Sky/Solstice club (CSSC) too! Or since technically we are all American already, they have an automatic in with the Central, East, West division.
Just big ideas and realistic numbers.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
If we insist on having only SKYs and even with combining Sols into a USSSCC (US Sky Sol Car Club), then, perhaps, we should start at the national level. Why? You ask?
There is NOT enough of either to do it at a lower level. Inclusion is the only path to success.
Math time:
At best (if things are done evenly across the US and we actually know these numbers are twice as large as they should be as the average allocation for SKYs in Illinois was 10 per dealer -- yet the average country wide is 20) we could have 200 SKY and 400 Solstice in Illinois. Using the standard 10% rule (if you sell you are familiar) say we contact EVERY ONE of them. About 10% will join so we'd have 60 members spread out across IL. Now let's plan a get together. Believe it or not the 10% rule comes into effect again so about 6 people will actually show up, no matter where you have it (too far - not a good day - can't make it do to work -- you can add excuses).
All this is IDEAL conditions and first we need to contact all 600 Sky/Sol owners...
Anyone up for that?
Now let's get started on a national level.
Say we got 1000 members via Skyroadster.com and the Solstice site as well (I'm dreaming BTW, no way would you get 1000) now lets spread them equally. That is 20 per state. No need to continue.

So back to organization
Think Global, act Local.
Midwest Kappa (or Sol/Sky) club.
If we go Great Lakes then there are people already that would be left out.
How about -- Mid America Sky/Solstice club? (MASSC)
If we include 5-10 states then we could enjoy a few hundred members.
If the thing takes off we can go Eastern America Sky/Solstice club (EASSC) and Western America Sky/Solstice club (WASSC) etc etc....
In fact we leave room for Canadian Sky/Solstice club (CSSC) too! Or since technically we are all American already, they have an automatic in with the Central, East, West division.
Just big ideas and realistic numbers.
Central.. East and West divisions sounds good..............SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Great idea ERNEST..... ok...... lets start again..... HOW ABOUT...... USSSC..... United States Sky Solstice Club.... then go...... ..... ESSSC Eastern States Sky Solstice Club MWSSC MidWest Sky Solstice Club SSSC Southern Sky Solstice Club WSSC Western Sky Solstice Club..... then.. branch off into individual states...... any thoughts? SkyBaby-07
Regardless of what we decide, everyone of you are my family, I love all of you, Car Club or not:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts