Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I was excited to find this forum, but unfortunately, I'm not able to really be a part of the discussions, because it's taking a long time to get my posts moderated.

First, to be clear, I'm not complaining. I understand it must be onerous to review new folks' posts; however, it's deflating to the newby who just wants to be part of the conversations.

While I'm not complaining, I am frustrated.

How long do I have to be a member and/or how many posts do I have to submit before I'm off probation?

Sincerely,

buzz

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yeah it can take a while to moderate posts. The owners of the forum here should stop paying the moderators for what they do here. >:)

The moderators do the job for free and although they try the best that they can, they do this because they... Wait, why do they do it again?

Oh and welcome to the forum! :grin:

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Yeah it can take a while to moderate posts. The owners of the forum here should stop paying the moderators for what the do here. >:)

The moderators do the job for free and although they try the best that they can, they do this because they... Wait, why do they do it again?
!

I PROTEST! THEY R OVERPAID! Where is my Union rep? Bring in the SCABS.

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
I have 2 posts over at the Solstice forum that are still sitting in moderation and it's been over a week.
I have seen no posts over there awaiting moderation. Send me a link.

I just checked the last 5 days and find none awaiting approval.

I check several times a day. Once in a while I miss one but that is the exception.

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Yeah it can take a while to moderate posts. The owners of the forum here should stop paying the moderators for what they do here. >:)

Oh and welcome to the forum! :grin:
Moderators...plural....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA That's a good one.

I'm it and I try to get to things as much as possible. There are certain steps you can take to get moderated quicker I believe though the steps seem to be hit or miss. I approve posts as quickly as I see them but I don't always catch them.

So, who's volunteering to be a moderator?

·
Registered
208 Posts

I'm it and I try to get to things as much as possible. There are certain steps you can take to get moderated quicker I believe though the steps seem to be hit or miss. I approve posts as quickly as I see them but I don't always catch them.

Not me, but I will nominate MarlboroMike! Then this forum will go to the chitter!

Bert

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Robo, I ran into that once not too long ago, asking "are you volunteering", and I recall it was over on the Solstice Forum (not by you on this forum).

I took the Moderator's challenge seriously and sent a PM to that Moderator. My interest was to learn if I could help out and get newbee's on to the forums quicker and posting their own threads of interest. What I did NOT anticipate was the Moderator never replied to my PM. I concluded I did not fit what was being sought. And that was with all my contact mediums shared. Must be a really complex world in these forums. i must have lucked out, LOL.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have seen no posts over there awaiting moderation. Send me a link.

I just checked the last 5 days and find none awaiting approval.

I check several times a day. Once in a while I miss one but that is the exception.
Hi Rob,
It does look like you got to it. It was a post from back on Sept 26th. I posted twice in the thread not realized what was going on. Once was on 9/23 or 24, the other (which the post is now there) was 9/26.

I didn't realize that it had finally posted since it didn't bump it to the top of the Active Topics.

Thanks,
Douglas

I know I am new here, but I've been a moderator on Thirdgen.org for something like 15 years... I'd volunteer.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Robo, I ran into that once not too long ago, asking "are you volunteering", and I recall it was over on the Solstice Forum (not by you on this forum).

What I did NOT anticipate was the Moderator never replied to my PM.
Not to belabor this point, but since this topic has been brought up again, I checked back on the other forum. There WAS a reply to my PM mail some 42 days ago. (once again confirming my difficulties with forum communications mail)

To the issue of assistance, there is no prospect there, and I'm really fine with that. LOL :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
We have one active moderator and one administrator on the Solstice forum. Its possible to keep up most of the time but being a singleton moderator is tough. I check there at 5am and periodically through out the day. I only come over here once a week or so. Too busy.:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
To give you some idea of how messed up the rules are for moving threads to a moderated status...there was a post I made in moderation...

Pretty sure nearly 10,000 posts and Super Moderator status should keep it out of there.

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
All works for me.

We have one active moderator and one administrator on the Solstice forum. Its possible to keep up most of the time but being a singleton moderator is tough. I check there at 5am and periodically through out the day. I only come over here once a week or so. Too busy.
It wasn't bad until I started having the delays for load time at work...10 minutes to load a page. If I want to reply I can't use the quick reply I have to click on advanced reply...10 minutes...then type and post the reply, hit submit...10 minutes...return to page I just replied to so I have to click back to the listing of recent threads...10 minutes. So about 20-40 minutes per thread VIEW (not including if I have to move on to another page...another 10 minutes) and another 10-20 to post a reply if necessary makes it a little more difficult.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts