Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
...and now the post I made here is showing as it SHOULD be there but can't pull it up. LOL
This thread was acting really weird for me. It was showing something like 10 or 11 posts and I was getting e-mail alerts about replies but then they weren't there when I would go look.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Robo, I ran into that once not too long ago, asking "are you volunteering", and I recall it was over on the Solstice Forum (not by you on this forum).

I took the Moderator's challenge seriously and sent a PM to that Moderator. My interest was to learn if I could help out and get newbee's on to the forums quicker and posting their own threads of interest. What I did NOT anticipate was the Moderator never replied to my PM. I concluded I did not fit what was being sought. And that was with all my contact mediums shared. Must be a really complex world in these forums. i must have lucked out, LOL.

Its been a while, but I think a while back I offered to be a moderator here.. never heard anything back. Just assumed I had pissed to many people off.

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Its been a while, but I think a while back I offered to be a moderator here.. never heard anything back. Just assumed I had pissed to many people off.
I think that it requires a direct request from an existing moderator, unless your assumption applies to me as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Likewise, no moderator link. Never even heard of it's existence before.
The "Mod" link is to be used by moderators to access the moderator section of the forum. Theoretically in some cases.

·
Super Moderator
11,278 Posts
Correct about the link. Moderator access level or higher to see it. Not sure why these guys don't see it...and please welcome JohnWR and Amorget as our new moderators! (Thank god I now have help.)

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Still no link. Can one of you send the URL? I presume that it can be accessed manually.

·
Administrator
251 Posts
There was a bit of confusion here so allow me to clarify.

Mods cannot use the Mod function unless enabled, Super Mods have it setup automatically.

If we want to have regular mods have access to that back end, we would need to have that discussion in the mod section

- JB

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
There was a bit of confusion here so allow me to clarify.

Mods cannot use the Mod function unless enabled, Super Mods have it setup automatically.

If we want to have regular mods have access to that back end, we would need to have that discussion in the mod section

- JB
So, what does a regular moderator do without access to the "back end"? I understood that was where most of the work that prompted this discussion happened, and where most of the help was needed.

Maybe an owner's manual for my newly-minted moderator-ship would be handy.

Reactions: Amorget

·
Registered
341 Posts
So, what does a regular moderator do without access to the "back end"? I understood that was where most of the work that prompted this discussion happened, and where most of the help was needed.

Agreed... this forum is setup nothing like any other forum I moderate on and I'm not seeing any of the typical tools.

·
Registered
474 Posts

Are you able to see moderated threads? If I'm reading things correctly, this was the major complaint from the OP - a delay in seeing their posts.

Also, you should be able to go into your user CP and scroll down - on the left side of the page you'll see Moderation. Click on that and the choices are Threads and Posts. This will show you all threads and posts that are in moderation. You can then click on the thread/post to see the full content.

HTH!

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Are you able to see moderated threads? If I'm reading things correctly, this was the major complaint from the OP - a delay in seeing their posts.

Also, you should be able to go into your user CP and scroll down - on the left side of the page you'll see Moderation. Click on that and the choices are Threads and Posts. This will show you all threads and posts that are in moderation. You can then click on the thread/post to see the full content.

HTH!
Thanks. All of that would have been very helpful if any of it was correct. Actually it probably is all correct, but unfortunately none of it applies to me.

Something is either broken or hasn't been set up yet, because the only changes to anything I can find are the word "Moderator" under my name and my inbox is bigger.

I can't see moderated threads or posts, and do not have a link called "Moderation" or mod-anything for that matter.

I have to assume that @Administrator or our Super-Moderator @Robotech are working on it.

Reactions: Amorget

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks. All of that would have been very helpful if any of it was correct. Actually it probably is all correct, but unfortunately none of it applies to me.

Something is either broken or hasn't been set up yet, because the only changes to anything I can find are the word "Moderator" under my name and my inbox is bigger.

I can't see moderated threads or posts, and do not have a link called "Moderation" or mod-anything for that matter.

I have to assume that @Administrator or our Super-Moderator @Robotech are working on it.
Sounds like the admin needs to set up your permissions. IIRC a super mod does not have access to the permissions. (I could be wrong)

Perhaps Robo should be promoted to Admin :dunno:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts