Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've brought my '08 Redline out of winter hibernation, I've had 3-4 occasions where I all of a sudden have much reduced bass coming from the sub behind the passenger seat. I'm wondering (before i start taking things apart) if my issue is the Monsoon amp is overheating ? The only solution I've found for it so far is shutting the car down for 5 mins or so and then everything seems to go back to normal. Any other ideas / thoughts? I'm assuming that to get to the Amp I need to remove the trunk liner?

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
I suspect that the problem is more likely to be the subwoofer than the amp, but in either case I think it is the cockpit rear liner (waterfall panel) that has to be removed.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I agree with John. Or you have a loose connection to the sub. Highly unlikely that the amp is overheating....unless you're at 90% volume. Not too mention, shutting the car off and just shutting the radio should do the same thing. So not sure why it's only coming back on if you shut off the car. Unless you have some sort of a short in the amp, but even then, if the radio is off, the amp is off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'K, I'll check that first then. That rear panel just unclips and pulls out ? No screws to worry about ?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nope... But you have to remove the sill plates (both pass and driver), then the back shoulder area (both pass and driver), center arm rest, then the waterfall will come out. The silver hump portion will stay, the back panel pulls off. Get a good body clip puller and use that extensively! Took me over an hour the first time. Now I can have the back panel off in 10 miinutes.

Reactions: mikeyt

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
I agree with John. Or you have a loose connection to the sub. Highly unlikely that the amp is overheating....unless you're at 90% volume. Not too mention, shutting the car off and just shutting the radio should do the same thing. So not sure why it's only coming back on if you shut off the car. Unless you have some sort of a short in the amp, but even then, if the radio is off, the amp is off.
Turning the radio off probably does not power the amp (or the radio for that matter) down to the degree that shutting the car off does, since the amp still has to be able to broadcast chimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts