Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

First post! I ordered my Sky last weekend (YEAH BABY) and I have a question about the Monsoon Sound System (6 CD changer option). Do you guys know if it will play MP3 Discs? Thanks

Cole-Cash

·
Registered
246 Posts
wt2ga said:
Plug in your IPOD...:D
Get the single cd monsoon - and plug in your Ipod! :D If you don't have an I pod, with the money you save - buy an Ipod!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Turk said:
Get the single cd monsoon - and plug in your Ipod! :D If you don't have an I pod, with the money you save - buy an Ipod!
:agree: :agree:

I found the 6 disc cd a bad option, I have it in my mysterios, have never used it, waste of money because just about everyone has a ipod.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I prefer not to have to connect an iPod to the system. So, I'll take the 6-disk system and use CDs with mp3 files.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Base stereo: normal cds + AUX link
Mid level stereo: normal cds (or) mp3 cds + AUX input
Top level stereo: 6 normals cds (or) 6 mp3 cds + AUX input

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
deluke said:
:agree: :agree:

I found the 6 disc cd a bad option, I have it in my mysterios, have never used it, waste of money because just about everyone has a ipod.
I use both 6 disc and ipod. A girl can never have too much music....:thumbs:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the 6 disc Stereo, and it will also play WMA's... so record them in that format instead of MP3's and you'll get even more songs per disc.

I have 6 discs of about 250songs on each one :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
The MP3 Disks

I've been experimenting with MP3 disks (and WMA disks, too.) The Monsoon sound system plays them both.

I got the single-disk Monsoon. I've had some problems with multi-disks in the past (just one more thing to break).

I can say this: With a single disk, and MP3s sampled at 128 (don't need any better than that for the acoustics of top-down driving) I'm fitting a hundred songs on a single disk. That's hours and hours of music.

The display is nice, too. If you scan a disk to load in the folder names (that takes a couple of minutes, but worth it for a long trip) then you can see the folders and navigate to them, as well as see the song titles when they play. Separating your music into "mood" folders works great. And you have a "random" button to mix it up.

Now that I am buringing MP3 disks, I will never carry an official CD in my car again; I will take a collection of albums (or only the tracks that I like) and combine a bunch of them onto a single disk - perfect for my single disk player.

·
Super Moderator
11,487 Posts
I find I'm doing that with my iPod too. I have about 200 songs on it and I'm pretty much tapped out of things I want to listen to in the car for now. The thing that is nice about the six-disc changer with this car is storage for your disks. With the single disk changer, I really don't have anywhere to put five other disks if I wanted to...kind of stinks...but the iPod makes it gravy. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Id prefer the one disk option just cuz of the IPOD ... but what about the stock stereo ... is any one getting that and upgrading?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet. I have a spool of CDRW that I have not used, will have to sit down tonight ad make 6 compilation CD's. So in theory I could have 36 CD's in my system (6 music CD's per MP3 CD X 6).

Nice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maddogg015 said:
Id prefer the one disk option just cuz of the IPOD ... but what about the stock stereo ... is any one getting that and upgrading?
But will you be able to control the IPod from the sterring wheel or will you have to use the IPod controler?

Cole-Cash

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I don't have enough blank cd's for all my songs... let alone enough time in my car to play them all...

I have about just over 10,000 songs on my computer... with more on CD and Vinyl to get in there.

·
Registered
262 Posts
cole-cash said:
Hey Guys!

First post! I ordered my Sky last weekend (YEAH BABY) and I have a question about the Monsoon Sound System (6 CD changer option). Do you guys know if it will play MP3 Discs? Thanks

Cole-Cash
Yes, it will play MP3's and WMA discs. But it will NOT play WMA's with DRM, (Digital Rights Managment copyright protection). At least I can't get it to play the DRM version.

I started buying music from Walmart.com for $0.88 a tune. They are WMA files with DRM. After I buy the tune from Walmart.com, I have to make an AUDIO disc, then rip the tune off of the audio disc back onto the computer. With the ripped version, I can then treat it as any other MP3 or WMA withOUT the DRM and then burn a DATA disc with the WMA files.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts