Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the specs and wiring diagram for the Monsoon amp?

Anyone replace the stock head unit with a larger screen Android unit like 8"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,168 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True but that also only appears to cover half the question. I assumed one person who has replaced it might have ALL the info.

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
True but that also only appears to cover half the question. I assumed one person who has replaced it might have ALL the info.

So what information could you not find when you did your search?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohm rating, RMS, and max on the amp

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
A Google search brought me a reference to the "200 Watt Monsoon System" and a detailed description at crutchfield.com of the existing speakers with sizes and impedences.

A forum search for "Android Radio" will get a number of threads, the one titled "Aftermarket Double DIN Head Unit" includes some wiring information.

A forum search for "Monsoon" on the Solstice forum will also get a number of threads, and this one https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f43/factory-sub-replaced-now-no-sound-sub-158557/#post2182495 has wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No further need for this forum. Our cars are 9-13 years old and every question has already been answered multiple times all over the internet!! lol

None the less, I love seeing recent discussions on installs with what people have done, what works, what doesn't etc. Every month new stereo's, etc come out and many here have been very innovative with what they've done! The more discussions the more the info to absorb! I hope to do much the same soon.

Some of my own searches have found components people have used that are no longer available. I'm interested in great deals found recently on stereo's, steering wheel controls etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
No further need for this forum. Our cars are 9-13 years old and every question has already been answered multiple times all over the internet!! lol.......
And yet the Airbag recall would never have happened without this forum. LOL
Actually this is the very reason that the forum is valuable. While some answers exist elsewhere on the 'net, the most detailed and comprehensive repository of information and directions to information, is the forum.

Reactions: Huff

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
None the less, I love seeing recent discussions on installs with what people have done, what works, what doesn't etc. Every month new stereo's, etc come out and many here have been very innovative with what they've done! The more discussions the more the info to absorb! I hope to do much the same soon.
Disappointingly most new equipment seems to much more focused on useless bull**** like flashy interfaces and integration with Facebook, or whatever, rather than on audio quality. I would love for there to be a successor to the Pioneer 80PRS that I am using that addresses some of the units shortcomings, but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts