Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the Monsoon system sound compared to the base radio? Is there satisfactory bass and trebble?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Monsoon comes with 7 speakers including an 8" woofer and a pair of tweeters mounted in the windshield pillars. I have found the bass and treble to be very satisfactory.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't speak for the standard system, but the Monsoon is acceptable. It isn't the best i've heard, but I certainly am satisfied with it and feel I would not have been happy with anything less.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think it is a must! The built-in mansoon sub will actually massage your passenger!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Monsoon is the way to go... :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Monsoon system is the way to go! :thumbs: I have no problems hearing my stereo with the top down at highway speeds. :driving:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was wondering about upgrading the Amp and speakers and keeping the stock head unit ?

We have no problems with the 6 CD player and Radio, plus I hate to mess with the OnStar set-up. We would just like to have a little more punch !

Has anyone swapped out the amp and speakers yet ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
We have no problems with the 6 CD player and Radio, plus I hate to mess with the OnStar set-up. We would just like to have a little more punch !

Has anyone swapped out the amp and speakers yet ?
TodaresqSL2 replaced the HU with a NAV unit (which is exactly what I want to do) and has Ostar and the Phone working just fine. Apparently he's going to replace the AMP and add/replace speakers shortly.:thumbs:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i do believe that the amp and speakers are interchangable without removing the Head unit.

The amp is wired with all the spearkers, not just the sub. The guys over at the solstice forum suggested the factory amp having an internal crossover.

If you chose to keep a single Sub system, any of the aftermarket lower power amps (600W and below) should definitely give you all the power you'd need. Personally, I'd love to have a dual Sub setup, but cutting into the rear wall makes me hairs stand on end. And im not that great with fiberglass

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info. Ordered it. I found the Firehawk's Monsoon system to be somewhat okay but muddy compared to my finally installed JVC setup, but tweeters on the pillars for the Sky is great, and the integrated setup is very nice on the Sky.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Thanks for the info. Ordered it. I found the Firehawk's Monsoon system to be somewhat okay but muddy compared to my finally installed JVC setup, but tweeters on the pillars for the Sky is great, and the integrated setup is very nice on the Sky.
As far as integration goes, I almost wish the sub was located centrally. Damn Storage compartment in the way....we already have enough!!:jester: . When test driving a monsoon equipped sky, I tested out the stereo, and it's definitely noticeable where the sub is located:banghead:

If it were central, i think it's also sound better, at the very least, better balanced. That's why dual sub systems are greatly preferred

1 - 16 of 16 Posts