Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled into Monterey last night to visit my soldier daughter on her very last day as a teenager, and this town is full of crazy cars right now... The Pebble Beach Concours is tomorrow (only $175 a ticket, so come on down!) and there was a big sports car auction here last night.

I haven't been out and about too much, but to give you an idea I've seen four Vipers, three Shelby Cobras, three DeTomaso Panteras, a Lamborghini and more Ferraris than you can shake a stick it at.

(WARNING: Do NOT shake a stick at a Ferrari. It seriously annoys the owners and can result in a good butt-kicking with boots hand-crafted from fine Italian leather.)

Still haven't seen any SKYs though; I guess those are just too exotic for this crowd...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Similar here

I live in north Scottsdale, and see Ferarri's, Lamborghini's, Bentley's, Aston Martin's, etc. on a daily basis. Even so, when I test drove a Sky and stopped at a gas station several people approached and asked what it was, do I like it, etc.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dang....Homesick now. Tell the old stomping ground hi for me. Cruise Alvarado by the DLI for me, too. The cars you mention are everyday for the peninsula, but the concours does bring a few more out, and there is no shortage of struttin.
If you haven't been to the show it is well worth it, 'the pomp and ya know' is worth the price of admission.
Give the kid a thumbs up. I just returned from welcoming one of mine home from the big sand box. Gotta love these stand up kids...
Oh, how about a roasted garlic and french bread with a side of fried calamari....with maybe a local Riesling...much obliged!
Victoria

1 - 4 of 4 Posts