Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many peole think the moonsoon stereo system is worth the 530 or so dollars to the car....I don't know anything about systems but really enjoy music.....any imput would be greatly apprec.

joe

·
Registered
438 Posts
Get it! Without the top on you will lose a lot of sound! This is a great system!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:thumbs:
ishot3bucks said:
Get it! Without the top on you will lose a lot of sound! This is a great system!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skybeam said:
How many peole think the moonsoon stereo system is worth the 530 or so dollars to the car....I don't know anything about systems but really enjoy music.....any imput would be greatly apprec.

joe
Six months ago I'd say skip it. One ride in my brother's car (he has Monsoon) told me - BUY IT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you really want to know how it sounds, go for a ride in a Solstice with it. You will know right then and there whether you want it or not. I have and it won't be in my Sky!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Got it in my Solstice, was defintely worth it. The only reason NOT to get it is if you plan on ding aftermarket audio.

·
Registered
47 Posts
brentil said:
Got it in my Solstice, was defintely worth it. The only reason NOT to get it is if you plan on ding aftermarket audio.
That's what I'm thinking, I rather spend a little over $1000 for a quality aftermarket unit then waste my money on the factory one. Didn't mean to knock the factory one, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well I ordered the mp3 and single cd ..... but I want a gps system build in ... I was looking at the Pioneer AVIC-N2... very very nice

* Plays AM, FM, and satellite XM radio
* Plays CDs, including MP3 CDs
* Supports DVD video
* Navigation screen folds and hides in single DIN slot
* Has a vehicle dynamics monitor that displays slope, g-force, and so on
* Displays external rearview camera input on monitor
* NavTraffic subscription: $13.99
* Fits in a single car stereo DIN slot; double-DIN version of the product is the AVIC-D1

if it works with the controls on the stering wheel i'll get it...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
azote said:
Well I ordered the mp3 and single cd ..... but I want a gps system build in ...
I have been researching and really GPS that is portable is a better buy - Most built ins just don't stack up and - you can't take it from car to car. Additionally -- why spend >$1000 minimum, when 6 or 7 hundred get you top of the line in GPS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have been researching and really GPS that is portable is a better buy - Most built ins just don't stack up and - you can't take it from car to car. Additionally -- why spend >$1000 minimum, when 6 or 7 hundred get you top of the line in GPS
Integration is the key, with a new head unit you can have GPS, MP3, CD, AM/FM, Smart Card, Bluetooth, and a few even have a computer OS with Internet connectivity. Upgrade the speakers and amplifier and the system will sound better than factory too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alternate to build in GPS

For those that would prefer a build in GPS... I usually spend the $2,000 for that myself but I just bought the latest Garmin GPS. You have got to check it out, this is the single hottest piece of electronics gear that I have purchased in many years! It's called the "nuvi", they just started shipping it in November. Incredibly easy set-up and functionality, pre-loaded maps, SD card slot, MP3, re-chargeable battery so you can take it with you for walking directions, all in a package the size of an iPod. It's expensive for a portable unit but it's hot... I'm now sold on this above any built-in I have ever seen:

http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/

·
Registered
251 Posts
It sounds good but I am planning on taking my $$$ and getting something better! I want to get something stellar for components and a headunit with in-dash DVD/MP3 as they have come down in price over the years. I have a friend or two in the electronics business and will seek their advice as to what. Too much to choose from but for the $590-$890 I can get a really nice system. 6 disc changer, eh who needs that when you have MP3's...I have a 6 disc in my Solara now and it never gets used like it should. The only thing with ALL of this is that I will need a KILLER alarm system. I don't know about you guys but I will be parking this car (in a single bay garage) almosy everyday but weekends unless it is extremely nice. When I do drive it, I will be parking WAY down at the end of the lots to ensure no one parks beside me. The day I see a ding in it is the day I probably pop a few blood vessels :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are starter interrupt systems on the market that have GPS cellular tracking. Not too expensive, and great for knowing where your car is at all times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts