Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs: Learning more evryday about the AURA's features, some of which should be incorporated into the sky.

Programmable garage door opener built into the rear view mirror

Your seat, mirror, pedalheght adjustemnt can be programmed to the key, so when someone else drives and redjusts your settings, when you get back behind the wheel, upon insertion of keym, it remembers and resets to your adjustments

Variable speed wipers control by vehicle speed

Standard Antenna built into XM antenna.
The more we learn about the AURA, the more it blows me away.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
marlboromike said:
you are the best at information Ernest
How about this feature, could be incorporated into Automatic SKYs. AURA has a 6 speed automatic tranny that incorporate the option of upshifting from the steering wheel 1 - 6, no downshifting cpability as it automatically downshifts, WOW!!! The shifts are quick and clean with no lag time. If this could be adapted to the SKY, man that would really make for a smooth operation, giving you the abililty to shift with the manuals.:thumbs: :thumbs:

I really wish they could adapt this tranny to the SKY, impossible though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very interesting on Aura features, Ernest. It's a bit like how I feel with my Harley, I wonder why they don't incorporate more of the features the Wings & BMW's have, but maybe that's how they keep the cost down? Some of those are items I'd pay xtra for. I've not been failiar with Aura's so thx for post.

Scott/Minneapolis

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info Ernest.
There were two at the local dealer yesterday; both XEs. Beautiful looking cars.
We're planning on getting one soon.
Many happy miles with yours!

·
Registered
40 Posts
A remote and internal memory seats are very common. It's been in several GM lines for years...my Acura CL has it, and even the Accord now has it. Programmable seats= another price hike but greater than the recent $505.

I agree on the 6-speed auto though..that would be cool, and to have paddles on the wheel.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikeB said:
Thanks for the info Ernest.
There were two at the local dealer yesterday; both XEs. Beautiful looking cars.
We're planning on getting one soon.
Many happy miles with yours!
If possible, the XR is the way to go, however both are great.:thumbs:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Our dealer just got in 4 Auras on Friday and we went in on Saturday to look them over, but I must say the syle is very boring to me. There isn't much to set it apart from the 100 other sedans driving around. Now the features are nice and well placed (I think the G6 roof top will be nice on the car, but it isn't out yet). I was really looking forward to the Aura, but it just doesn't live up to the hype in the style department for me...especially since we have the Sky.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think I'll wait for the Redline AURA...

I like the AURA a lot... was very interested in it from the time Saturn first showed off the "show car" version. I will admit I'm slightly disappointed in the toned-down look of the production car. However, if the Redline version looks like the original show car version, well then that just might make me go take a ride to the dealership. Owning a 2004 Malibu LT sedan, I like these Epsilon cars a lot. The longer wheelbase of the AURA (based on the G6 & Malibu MAXX, not the Malibu sedan) means more rear sheet legroom - which I feel my Malibu lacks. I know the wheels shown on the show car AURA are available for the SKY as a dealer-installed option; I wonder if they'd fit the AURA? Oh well, March is when the AURA Greenline is suppose to be available, so maybe the RL version won't be that far off.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I saw the Aura yesterday and I thought it was great, Saturn styling is so much better. The Prevue and Outlook photos also look impressive. I think GM is doing great things for the brand.
prevue pic

·
Registered
122 Posts
we got 6 of them last week at my store. we sold 4 over the weekend. all without the big ad. push (not until the 27th).

so far ,people are coming in and seeing them, and not knowing what they are, lol. these cars are going to sell. and yes, the XR is the way to go (sold my first one on sunday)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ernest said:
:thumbs:
Variable speed wipers control by vehicle speed
.:thumbs:
the SKy does have somthing like this put ur wipers on the intermit highest one and they will go @ one speed then go faster once you hit 50 mph :) just FYI

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
How about this feature, could be incorporated into Automatic SKYs. AURA has a 6 speed automatic tranny that incorporate the option of upshifting from the steering wheel 1 - 6, no downshifting cpability as it automatically downshifts, WOW!!! The shifts are quick and clean with no lag time. If this could be adapted to the SKY, man that would really make for a smooth operation, giving you the abililty to shift with the manuals.:thumbs: :thumbs:

I really wish they could adapt this tranny to the SKY, impossible though.
Ernest, I was talking to my dealer yesterday about my Redline and he took me out and showed me the new Aura. I asked him about the up-shift on the steering wheel but no downshift. He did say there was some confusion on that. He said, and demonstrated it to me, that on the back side of the steering wheel, right behind the +, there is a down shift toggle about the size of the end of your fingers. That is how you manually downshift. You probably already know this but thought I would give it to you anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts