Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ll after spending a good 25 minutes on the phone with my dealership I am now being informed that they are only releasing one car per dealership once completed & because of a lot of quality control problems they have had with the car they have only completed 2 cars in the last 6 weeks & one is the demo car. What the hell is taking so long, I don’t understand why this is such a big deal. My dealership said it is being done this way because it is an “elite” car that is not offered any longer & that they (Saturn Canada) feel that we should be lucky to have one, meanwhile who knows if people will ever even get one as they are preferencing them so slowly there is a chance that some people on the latter part of the “waiting/countdown list” at their dealership might not even get one. My dealership sales manager said he was not looking forward to calling those people who's cars didn't get preferenced to tell them the bad news. That is unreal & highly unacceptable, does Saturn Canada really think after going through this BS anyone of us would buy another one of their cars…….. I sure know I wouldn’t.

How long do they expect people to wait before going mental? I have filed a complaint with the Saturn Customer Service Center after being guaranteed a delivery date of June 30th which now is apparently more like the end of July middle of August due to these unavoidable quality issues. I don’t know what to do I am so frustrated & can’t understand why a car would be promoted & marketed to the public as “available” for purchasing if that is definitely not the case. I don’t think many or any of us for that matter would have gone through all this again, if we knew after signing our contract that our SKY might a) not ever arrive b) that we the purchaser(s) would know more about the car than any of the sales staff at the dealership & customer service office therefore we would never be provided with answers to some of our questions that might arise during our long wait & last but not least having any of the details of the car be a total secret from the purchaser from date those documents were signed till the arrival of the damn car.

At this point I wish I was AMERICAN living in a Southern State because I would be driving my car by now if I was~ lol

:mad:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
TWO cars in the last 6 weeks? Feb 16th is the official start date for production, so that was 2 months ago or about 8 weeks...then that means they built over 1000 Skys in the first two weeks... I don't think so...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no no he meant those 2 were only for our specific dealership!

SkyMan 07 said:
TWO cars in the last 6 weeks? Feb 16th is the official start date for production, so that was 2 months ago or about 8 weeks...then that means they built over 1000 Skys in the first two weeks... I don't think so...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Not offered any longer???

Sounds like your dealer is smoking some crack!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have to wonder, they have told my Mum some thing's about my car that she questioned so she asked our family friend & apparently they have had quite a few people complain.

CdnSkyGuy said:
Not offered any longer???

Sounds like your dealer is smoking some crack!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just called the 800 number and she said mine was still unpreferenced! She said that of all the people who have called in regarding a Sky she has never seen one with a TPW or a VIN.

I am nervous about this May 11th Date...I don't think they are gonna make it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very inpatient people here. You people have waited very very little compared to some others with the Solstice. Waiting 3 months is nothing... My car sat AT the plant for 3 months.

So chill!!!!!

yea yea, i know its hard, but you need patience

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Chloe said:
Oh ok , I thought , geeeee

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Chloe said:
No worries... My retailer has only received 3 images so far... the demo was delivered... the 2nd is either enroute or still at the plant and the third is still at 30... So you all are ahead of us if two have been made or imaged about a month before the planned May 11th release.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
I just called the 800 number and she said mine was still unpreferenced! She said that of all the people who have called in regarding a Sky she has never seen one with a TPW or a VIN.

I'm thinking mums the word and that cars (at least some) may show up around that date. Until then we don't get any info. My hope anyway.:willy:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been waiting a year so this 3 month comment is a lot less than 99% of us on here & the Sol is not worth waiting even a month let alone 3.

Dylan01 said:
Very inpatient people here. You people have waited very very little compared to some others with the Solstice. Waiting 3 months is nothing... My car sat AT the plant for 3 months.

So chill!!!!!

yea yea, i know its hard, but you need patience

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you think there's anything that can be done?

CdnSkyGuy said:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
saies person emailed me saying the SKY is coming very very soon. Take it for what it is worth. I have chilled so long I have solidified, and the only thing that will change that is my SKY.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
nighttripper said:
saies person emailed me saying the SKY is coming very very soon. Take it for what it is worth. I have chilled so long I have solidified, and the only thing that will change that is my SKY.:thumbs:
When you call the 800 # do they still tell you it is unpreferenced???
If so then how can it be arriving soon?

I doubt your salesguy knows any more than I do because I am my own salesguy and I can't figure out where my own damn car is.

One of our Master Techs said as long as Saturn has been in Canada they have never ever hit their release date for any new models. He thinks May is unrealistic...hopefully he is wrong.

I know most of the guys at my store have been telling customers may june or july...people will start to come unglued and want their deposits back if this car is not here soon because we have a VERY short convertible window here in Saskatchewan.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
When you call the 800 # do they still tell you it is unpreferenced???
If so then how can it be arriving soon?

I doubt your salesguy knows any more than I do because I am my own salesguy and I can't figure out where my own damn car is.

One of our Master Techs said as long as Saturn has been in Canada they have never ever hit their release date for any new models. He thinks May is unrealistic...hopefully he is wrong.

I know most of the guys at my store have been telling customers may june or july...people will start to come unglued and want their deposits back if this car is not here soon because we have a VERY short convertible window here in Saskatchewan.
Did you ever think they might be telling you what they want to hear and not what you want to hear. After all were dealing with General Motors.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
nighttripper said:
Did you ever think they might be telling you what they want to hear and not what you want to hear. After all were dealing with General Motors.
Sure...but why would they say things that they know are pissing off the customers? Lots of people out there were told May 11th and then they put down large deposits. When they call the 800 # less than a month before their car is due to arrive and it still does not even have a TPW they are gonna freak out. Good thing Joe Blow out there does not know what you and I know. Better yet...what happends on May 11th when they show up at the dealership to drive their vehicle away and not one single employee there can tell them anything about their car...We'll hear the first reports of Road Rage without a Vehicle.

Does your dealership even have Sky brochures yet? we don't!
I do not even know the final price of my car...we have not been told the cost of each option!!! This is totally Crazy!!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Sure...but why would they say things that they know are pissing off the customers? Lots of people out there were told May 11th and then they put down large deposits. When they call the 800 # less than a month before their car is due to arrive and it still does not even have a TPW they are gonna freak out. Good thing Joe Blow out there does not know what you and I know. Better yet...what happends on May 11th when they show up at the dealership to drive their vehicle away and not one single employee there can tell them anything about their car...We'll hear the first reports of Road Rage without a Vehicle.

I do not even know the final price of my car...we have not been told the cost of each option!!! This is totally Crazy!!!
I have a brochure somewhere, and the costs for the add ons but I don't know where they are either. My wife has a habit of putting things away where only she can find them.I think she likes it that way.
I just hope they have the cars available shortly after May 11th, or even us in the know, are going to vent some roadless rage:lol: :thumbs: I certainly hope the dealers have their demo's by then for a test drive....maybe to Texas :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Final Price

Believe it or not he had no problem giving me my final charges right down to the damn dime, yet can't tell me when it will be here for me to drive. :banghead:

CdnSkyGuy said:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts