Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I put my deposit last summer at the dealer in Ontario. Salesman takes all my information, I hear nothing so I called 4 weeks ago. I learn from him that I am now 3rd on list instead of 4th, but what did I want in the car????? I told him that we had wrote all that down when I put down my deposit. His response was he was following up. YA RIGHT. So I ask how my status is and he tells me it is ordered but that the manager has all that information and that he was busy at the moment SO I told him to call me later that day. 4 weeks later I call (today) and find out, they couldnt even find me on a list and would call me back in 15 minutes. 2 hours later I called them back and was very pissed at this manager. He then tells me that the salesman is no longer there and that they had no order for me as yet. He then told me that they really could not order anything yet and had to wait. BUT what did I want in the order, I told him again, auto, cloth, chili red period. He asked me if I wanted the chrome wheels, I told him why would I want those when there is a back order on them at the factory????? He didnt know that either. CRAP PEOPLE they dont know a darn thing and I bet I will be waiting all summer and no car because they dont even know what they are doing up there. I wish I had more American credit and I would get my car here in the USA from Jill.
I just can not stand stupidity and unprofessional people.:mad: Are the rest of my fellow Canucks have the same crap???:banghead:

Kimberly
ChiliSky MAYBE

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Really Really sorry to hear it. I hope this all works for you.:patriot:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
As I have said before either they really don't know or are being really close to the vest with this grand introduction of the Sky May 11th.I know I'm beginning to get a bit upset with the whole deal and am thinking of purchasing something else. They really don't seem to care JMO

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My dealer is telling me very little. I am not sure if they know nothing or can't tell me anything. The have been good though. I feel they are as helpful as they can be. My only complaint is that they arn't in a rush to return my phone calls.

When they got an image they called me right away and I was down the next morning to order.

I think they will have some unsold stock but I don't know when it will be in. If you want to know who they are PM me.

BTW I doubt this has anything to do with Canada or a Canadian dealer. It seems it's happening to a lot of people and it seems it's a problem with the marketing end of things.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
nighttripper said:
As I have said before either they really don't know or are being really close to the vest with this grand introduction of the Sky May 11th.I know I'm beginning to get a bit upset with the whole deal and am thinking of purchasing something else. They really don't seem to care JMO
I agree with you! This whole thing is getting me a little upset as well. I am staying focused though. I want a Sky and I'm getting one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kimberly,

I was #2 at your dealership and pulled my order. The General manager was obnoxious and a salesperson threatened me on the phone when I told him I wouldn't give him a check immediately before they even knew the pricing of the car. That Kitchener dealership is a disaster. I'm also quite enfuriated with how saturn canada priced the sky about 5k more than the equivalent US sky.

For now I'm not buying a Sky anymore. I'll probably get a used Z4 instead. It's is also a very sexy car. Saturn Canada and that kitchener dealership has effectively lost my business. I've been stalking the Sky for almost 1.5 years now with a deposit in jan of 2005, my business was essentially guaranteed. It's now GM's loss :brentil:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
andrewplanet said:
Kimberly,

a salesperson threatened me on the phone when I told him I wouldn't give him a check immediately before they even knew the pricing of the car. That Kitchener dealership is a disaster. I'm also quite enfuriated with how saturn canada priced the sky about 5k more than the equivalent US sky.
From what I've read those who cancel their orders are getting the deposits back. I wasn't crazy about putting $1,000.00 down on a car I hadn't seen or test driven. And not knowing the final price. Hmmm....

The Canadian pricing is supposed to include a 3 year warr. as opposed the the one year warr. that the US customers are getting.

As for purchasing a Z4...That is a different class of car. Would be nice if you can afford it but the Sky was designed for my budget.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
rick112 said:
The Canadian pricing is supposed to include a 3 year warr. as opposed the the one year warr. that the US customers are getting.

HUH?!?! :confused: A 1 year warranty??? :eek: I don't think so. GM cars in the US get a 3yr/36K mile bumper to bumper warranty. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
nscrbug said:
HUH?!?! :confused: A 1 year warranty??? :eek: I don't think so. GM cars in the US get a 3yr/36K mile bumper to bumper warranty. :thumbs:
He meant that we get a 5 year 60,000 Mile (100,000 Km) warranty here in Canada.

·
Registered
245 Posts
actually, my dealer is being very nice to me... put my image through, car is completely built, sitting in the plant's parking lot, and I haven't put down so much as a deposit on this car :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Good thing it's cold in Canada, seems to be a few hot tempers going on. I hope things work out- have you tried calling some other dealers? You can always have the car delivered to your normal dealership, but he just doesn't get the $$ for selling it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
Good thing it's cold in Canada, seems to be a few hot tempers going on. I hope things work out- have you tried calling some other dealers? You can always have the car delivered to your normal dealership, but he just doesn't get the $$ for selling it.
sort of, i keep hearing people say that, but its based on participation. if the dealer refuses to participate, then, you have to find one that will (and on a car this hot, good luck).

has anyone been able to do this?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
101jinx101 said:
actually, my dealer is being very nice to me... put my image through, car is completely built, sitting in the plant's parking lot, and I haven't put down so much as a deposit on this car :lol:
How come the 800 # people say that none of the Canadian images have been produced yet?

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today they call with a order number

BUT, they said that even though the order is in, that in know way say's when it will be built and they know nothing, I fail to understand why everything is secret????

Kimberly
ChiliSKy

·
Registered
55 Posts
101jinx101 said:

you got an IMAGE in Canada ???:mad:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
chyno said:
you got an IMAGE in Canada ???:mad:
I think we all have images. you don't!!!??? I am pretty sure Every Sky coming to Canada has already been ordered. We ordered all 6 of Ours...Saskatoon ordered all theirs, Calgary and Edmonton same thing...

·
Registered
55 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
I think we all have images. you don't!!!??? I am pretty sure Every Sky coming to Canada has already been ordered. We ordered all 6 of Ours...Saskatoon ordered all theirs, Calgary and Edmonton same thing...
When reading this forum I understood that when your car is ordered does trully not means that the car is beeing produced before you get an image.I guess I'm a little confused.All I have rigth now is this number K00715.I also asked my dealer about the image and he did not know what it was !!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
and btw I'm numeber 2 in my dealer there is only one guy plus the demo before me...........Is all the dealer gonna a demo even though all the skys all sold ??

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That is your order number...if you have that then your order has been imaged.

You are just as far along as the rest of us.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
He meant that we get a 5 year 60,000 Mile (100,000 Km) warranty here in Canada.
Sorry someone here posted 1 year for US and 3 for Canada. 5 Years is great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts