Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also purchased short chrome antenna, chromies, IPOD charger/holder and Front/rear mudflaps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
futureskyowner said:
Also purchased short chrome antenna, chromies, IPOD charger/holder and Front/rear mudflaps.
Can you take a picture of the front of the mud flaps? I have seen all the pictures of the back side I am just wondering what they look like from the front. Thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Do the mud flaps do their job without compromising the look of the car? My black Sky is on order, and I'm concerned about keeping it clean.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for posting pictures of the mud flaps I've yet to see them (but may have missed the thread). Can you post a picture of them from a little further away? Not to be picky but I'm considering whether or not I want these.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
where did you get that Ipod connector??

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
are you using a NANO or regular? does it plug right into the cig plug?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
SKY VUE 1 said:
Thank you, I have seen these pictures. None of the pictures show the front side of the mud flap (side facing the tire) which is the picture I requested Futureskyowner take. Is it contoured? Is it flat? Is it hollowed out? I am just curious to see it before I spend that much on a set of mud flaps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The mud flaps work really well on my black sky. After seeing how much water gets up on the sides of the car, I quickly had them installed and it made a real difference I can take a picture if you still are interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
jrssky said:
The mud flaps work really well on my black sky. After seeing how much water gets up on the sides of the car, I quickly had them installed and it made a real difference I can take a picture if you still are interested in seeing it.
You answered my question. Thanks. I was just curious if they really worked or not.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Also remember that some of us are gonna put on Solstice mud flaps on our Skys. They are a little larger and look more proportionate to the car. You do have to drill new holes for them, but they are the same price.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sol mud flaps

Turk said:
Also remember that some of us are gonna put on Solstice mud flaps on our Skys. They are a little larger and look more proportionate to the car. You do have to drill new holes for them, but they are the same price.
Turk,

the Solstice mud flaps for the rear wheels are much larger, those for the front wheels seems similar in size to me, see pics.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Floor Automotive exterior Tire Asphalt
...large flap front......large flap rear......small flap rear...

If the smaller work really well as jrssky told us, there is no necessity to take the bigger ones. IMO the Sky type are better looking flaps.

And the larger rear flaps from the Sol could make a problem if you drive off a higher curb stone. They are so deep on the floor you could damage the flaps an the rear bumper. That plastic is very fragile.

·
Registered
246 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
Turk,

the Solstice mud flaps for the rear wheels are much larger, those for the front wheels seems similar in size to me, see pics.

View attachment 3008 View attachment 3009 View attachment 3011
...large flap front......large flap rear......small flap rear...

If the smaller work really well as jrssky told us, there is no necessity to take the bigger ones. IMO the Sky type are better looking flaps.

And the larger rear flaps from the Sol could make a problem if you drive off a higher curb stone. They are so deep on the floor you could damage the flaps an the rear bumper. That plastic is very fragile.
The front sky flap is definitely very small compared to the solstice. All most too small. I have to agree the rear solstice flap looks a little large.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1677&d=1145460688

I guess I will compare the two when my sky comes in. The owner also owns a Pontiac dealership next door.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Turk said:
The front sky flap is definitely very small compared to the solstice. All most too small. I have to agree the rear solstice flap looks a little large.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1677&d=1145460688

I guess I will compare the two when my sky comes in. The owner also owns a Pontiac dealership next door.
Turk,

if you like you can order the front ones from Pontiac and the rear flaps from Saturn, they are sold seperate. For example I have mounted only the front flaps at my wife's Ford Fusion (Europe), because the rears are too deep on the floor.
Maybe the real dimension in the pics are not recognizable exact enough with the different angles of view, but I only can use the pics.
And not to forget there is a long distance across the atlantic. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts